Its not at all difficult productivity, you just weren't prepared to put in the time to learn a new OS, which is what is needed when switching to a whole new OS.

Yes; Apps, Multitasking, these are what make Android great. There is a plethora of productivity apps that are made by companies like Microsoft, Adobe, HP, Medical Aid companies, Aviation companies etc... Just to name a few.

Rather just admit you did not want to put in the time and you simply did not understand the OS.
    It's NOT fluid nor intuitive or is it productive. Takes more time with that button. Fact! like it or not. this goes for any other OS that's not BlackBerry 10. I used / use them all!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 07:21 AM
    It's NOT fluid nor intuitive or is it productive. Takes more time with that button. Fact! like it or not. this goes for any other OS that's not BlackBerry 10. I used / use them all!

Posted via CB10
    You found it that way for YOU.

There are millions of us who find it Productive and Intuitive, enough that even BB had to build an Android.

Your opinion is certainly no fact mate 😂 quit lying to yourself and the few who want to believe you as an excuse to clutch on their dated BB.
    12-12-15 07:26 AM
    Oh, that kind of malware, yes of course, as any popular operating systems out there, of course there is malware for iOS as well as for Windows and Android. There are malwares for Linux boxes too. That is an inherent risk of popular OS, attracting all kinds of attention, for good or worse. Just be careful, and in case of those China developers using dodgy tools, well too bad. Lesson learned, and life goes on. Most people think that way.
    Just the usual scared tactics thrown around here.
    12-12-15 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now that I have set up the Priv to my liking, I'm just as fast flying around this OS as I ever was on BB10. The superior file management and app sharing features improve efficiency dramatically.
    12-12-15 07:31 AM
    The funniest thing about this thread is the title still says Davil.
    12-12-15 07:36 AM
    Oh, that kind of malware, yes of course, as any popular operating systems out there, of course there is malware for iOS as well as for Windows and Android. There are malwares for Linux boxes too. That is an inherent risk of popular OS, attracting all kinds of attention, for good or worse. Just be careful, and in case of those China developers using dodgy tools, well too bad. Lesson learned, and life goes on. Most people think that way.
    Lol. The malware straw gets clutched daily here 😂 pure entertainment for those of us who actually use Android and iOS daily as these malware attacks don't seem to actually get to any users and usually found on dodgy 3rd party app stores and so on.

I have had to deliberately try find malware, to get on my phone and even when I find something dodgy my phone won't allow me to install it as it is not from a trusted source, what I have to do is go and turn security off before I can install it.

These are things you wont be told in this forum as it takes away from the only straw left to clutch on.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    12-12-15 07:38 AM
    Lol. The malware straw gets clutched daily here pure entertainment for those of us who actually use Android and iOS daily as these malware attacks don't seem to actually get to any users and usually found on dodgy 3rd party app stores and so on.

I have had to deliberately try find malware, to get on my phone and even when I find something dodgy my phone won't allow me to install it as it is not from a trusted source, what I have to do is go and turn security off before I can install it.

These are things you wont be told in this forum as it takes away from the only straw left to clutch on.
    Malware isn't the only straw still clung to here. Some still have the notion that you can't be productive on anything other than a BlackBerry, which is downright ludicrous.
    TgeekB, JeepBB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-12-15 08:18 AM
    Now that I have set up the Priv to my liking, I'm just as fast flying around this OS as I ever was on BB10. The superior file management and app sharing features improve efficiency dramatically.
    I believe the point that's trying to be made here is with BlackBerry 10 it doesn't require that much of 'setting up' or 'fine tuning' app issues aside things just work...

Yes slowly the other OS's have been getting better and better both in terms of security and features to increase efficiency, but for most people here from BlackBerry 10.0 security and efficiency were the mindset behind the OS

But this argument has been had many times before and will continue to be had probably long after BlackBerry10 is no longer supported.

It's difficult to objectively measure productivity as again most people here will know, but it seems to me that there are many objective points that win for BlackBerry10, the browser html5 score for one, the keyboard for another.

Even as BlackBerry go over to Android they show that security and productivity are their core skills, it's where they believe they come out best

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 08:48 AM
    it seems to me that there are many objective points that win for BlackBerry10, the browser html5 score for one, the keyboard for another.

Posted via CB10
    Just an FYI, the BlackBerry browser's html5 score is lower than Chrome, Firefox, and Opera on Android. It is also miles behind (and always was) on javascript speed.

The keyboard has been brought to the Priv perfectly.

I don't understand the need to say the "out of the box" experience on BB10 is better simply because you don't need to download a small number of far superior apps (like file manager, picture viewer, video player). It's non-sensical to me. It takes minutes, and the end result is far, far better.

I'm not a BB10 basher. I still have and use many BB10 devices. I'm just saying the tired old arguments against Android are just that.
    12-12-15 09:00 AM
    Just an FYI, the BlackBerry browser's html5 score is lower than Chrome, Firefox, and Opera on Android. It is also miles behind (and always was) on javascript speed.

The keyboard has been brought to the Priv perfectly.

I don't understand the need to say the "out of the box" experience on BB10 is better simply because you don't need to download a small number of far superior apps (like file manager, picture viewer, video player). It's non-sensical to me. It takes minutes, and the end result is far, far better.
    Well because efficiency is about maximising the outcome with the least effort, and BlackBerry achieves that for the user, they can still have their choice but if they don't want to have to research which are the best apps for this and that, they have what they need to from the get go, it may be a lower score but it's far from inadequate

It may be 'perfect' for you but it might not be for others, but again it's BlackBerry's keyboard, so if you trust their keyboard why can't you appreciate people trusting and loving the whole OS made by them?

I'm not saying it's impossible to be happy with the priv, far from it, but I think there is more than enough space for people to love and use BlackBerry10

Also; those were just the two examples that sprung to mind, there is so much in BlackBerry 10 to appreciate and for some it makes them appreciate it more than the experience they've had with other OS's, and sometimes it comes down to little things which it's hard to say whether they're objectively better or not, like in the browser the white pulsing circle when a page is loading... the swipe gestures which from what I've heard even with the hub don't quite compare

If your argument is that android isn't so bad because of the BlackBerry keyboard + hub then isn't there a lot more missing that would make it even better from BlackBerry10, hence the notion that BlackBerry10 for some people just can't be currently beaten?

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    12-12-15 09:06 AM

I'm not saying it's impossible to be happy with the priv, far from it, but I think there is more than enough space for people to love and use BlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    Of course. I still have many BB10 devices. I agree with your statement 100%. Unfortunately, this thread is about bashing the Priv and Android, to which I was taking exception.
    tinochiko likes this.
    12-12-15 09:12 AM
    The funniest thing about this thread is the title still says Davil.
    Thanks to Mods!!

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 09:36 AM
    Thanks to Mods!!

Posted via Passport
    I think they're playing along with the rest of us!
    12-12-15 09:40 AM
    Its not at all difficult productivity, you just weren't prepared to put in the time to learn a new OS, which is what is needed when switching to a whole new OS.

Yes; Apps, Multitasking, these are what make Android great. There is a plethora of productivity apps that are made by companies like Microsoft, Adobe, HP, Medical Aid companies, Aviation companies etc... Just to name a few.

Rather just admit you did not want to put in the time and you simply did not understand the OS.
    Learn??? WTF

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 09:50 AM
    Well because efficiency is about maximising the outcome with the least effort, and BlackBerry achieves that for the user, they can still have their choice but if they don't want to have to research which are the best apps for this and that, they have what they need to from the get go, it may be a lower score but it's far from inadequate

Posted via CB10
    I kinda agree with you, but I consider "maximising the outcome" in Android a very different beast compared to BB10. Putting in a little effort into customizing your Android experience will get you a personalized experience that may suit your needs better than BB10. Yes, out of the box, BB10 needs very little effort to be good, but the maximum potential of Android (due to its inherent customization capabilities) is higher in my opinion.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-12-15 09:51 AM
    You found it that way for YOU.

There are millions of us who find it Productive and Intuitive, enough that even BB had to build an Android.

Your opinion is certainly no fact mate 😂 quit lying to yourself and the few who want to believe you as an excuse to clutch on their dated BB.
    Have you ever tried BlackBerry???

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 09:51 AM
    I kinda agree with you, but I consider "maximising the outcome" in Android a very different beast compared to BB10. Putting in a little effort into customizing your Android experience will get you a personalized experience that may suit your needs better than BB10. Yes, out of the box, BB10 needs very little effort to be good, but the maximum potential of Android (due to its inherent customization capabilities) is higher in my opinion.
    Interesting... are we talking UI look and feel customisations or granualar control kind of ones like on BlackBerry10 having custom notification profiles for different email accounts?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 10:07 AM
    Interesting... are we talking UI look and feel customisations or granualar control kind of ones like on BlackBerry10 having custom notification profiles for different email accounts?

Posted via CB10
    For email I use the outlook app with 3 accounts in it and I can set different notification sounds for each account.
    12-12-15 10:15 AM
    For email I use the outlook app with 3 accounts in it and I can set different notification sounds for each account.
    Was just using it as an example lol, so both UI and granular I guess you're saying?

Another,e.g. What about customisable quick settings? And of course there's a whole lot in the hub

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 10:19 AM
    Was just using it as an example lol, so both UI and granular I guess you're saying?

Another,e.g. What about customisable quick settings? And of course there's a whole lot in the hub

Posted via CB10
    As a matter of fact the only thing I really missed when moving to Android from bb10 was the hub. But after two or three hours of searching and some trial and error I did manage to find a very good launcher, a very good file manager (in my opinion better than the one on bb10) and set up some personalised gestures. For me it has become just as productive as bb10, just different.
    tinochiko likes this.
    12-12-15 10:24 AM
    Have you ever tried BlackBerry???

Posted via Passport
    Yep. Brief time with a 8900 Curve and have had a Q10 for about 8months now, barely use it though these days, my Bank don't make a BB app, neither does my medical aid, apps such as the full blown MS suit apps e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OneNote etc...don't exist for BB10, no multiwindow multitasking etc... so its useless to me in terms of productivity....then there is the Multimedia side, which is pretty hopeless even vs. my old Galaxy S3.

Here in South Africa BBs were the most popular type of smartphone thanks to that 8520 Curve and BIS package between 2009 to 2012, so I got to try a lot of them, from the 8520 to 9700 Bold, 9810 Torch, 9900 Bold etc...

Hope that answers your question.
    12-12-15 10:50 AM
    As a matter of fact the only thing I really missed when moving to Android from bb10 was the hub. But after two or three hours of searching and some trial and error I did manage to find a very good launcher, a very good file manager (in my opinion better than the one on bb10) and set up some personalised gestures. For me it has become just as productive as bb10, just different.
    The only thing I missed moving from android to bb10 was.... well nothing. BlackBerry 10 made an immediate striking impression which still exists today. I still use android tablets, which can provide a ton of apps if needed.

Having said that, I hope that the Priv and future BlackBerry android phones do well.

All smartphones can provide the same basic core functions. Some operating systems do some things better than others so it is personal preference to what one thinks is the best.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-12-15 11:25 AM
    Android is too simple to use
    You're unhappy with simplicity?

Ah.
    12-12-15 11:34 AM
    You're unhappy with simplicity?

Ah.
    No I like simplicity! But it is too basic.

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 12:47 PM
    Yep. Brief time with a 8900 Curve and have had a Q10 for about 8months now, barely use it though these days, my Bank don't make a BB app, neither does my medical aid, apps such as the full blown MS suit apps e.g. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, OneNote etc...don't exist for BB10, no multiwindow multitasking etc... so its useless to me in terms of productivity....then there is the Multimedia side, which is pretty hopeless even vs. my old Galaxy S3.

Here in South Africa BBs were the most popular type of smartphone thanks to that 8520 Curve and BIS package between 2009 to 2012, so I got to try a lot of them, from the 8520 to 9700 Bold, 9810 Torch, 9900 Bold etc...

Hope that answers your question.
    So you are being forced to use android due to banking and medical apps. When you talk about BB10 apps have much discussed already!

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 12:49 PM
505 ... 7891011 ...