Stop jumping all over the OP's Grammar and spelling. CrackBerry is a world wide forum. There are a lot of people here from other parts of the world trying to be a part of this community and the English language is probably a second language to them.
    To all you people that made fun of his spelling, let's see how well you could communicate in a forum in another language.
    CrackBerry is going down the drain, fast.
    It's Priv auto correct ! Sorry guys just few days with Priv!

Posted by Priv
    11-30-15 01:44 AM
    You are right about that. Blackberry BB10 phones were denied the market because BB10 didn't include the Prism functionality like Microsoft or Google has. I never saw a Blackberry in the stores or saw any commercial but now with Priv it is suddenly in the store and commercials I have seen. So people not getting a BB10 is highly artificial and I had to order my Passport from some internet store from Asia.

Chen is the Stephen Elop of Blackberry. His goal was to kill BB10 and he succeeded and there will not be any new BB10 phone even if there have been rumors. This is what happens when a company goes public, you get vulnerable against investors with other interest than the company. Blackberry shares were bought up so that they get enough leverage among the BOD to recommend a new CEO, when the rest of the BOD don't suspect anything.

Enjoy your new Android Blackberry which can track you in real time.
    People not getting a BB10 is highly artificial? Mmm....what stopped or is stopping them from buying one???

Chen's goal was to kill BB10? And you know that because? Sheesh!
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    11-30-15 01:52 AM
    It's a fact. The only reason why BB10 had to be dropped. Great OS, a real shame.
    11-30-15 02:19 AM
    Because in this day and age, if you don't advertize, you're dead. BB could be releasing the best phone ever tomorrow, it wouldn't sell thanks to BB's abysmal incompetence in advertizing. I don't think JC's goal was to kill BB10, he did not care enough.
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-30-15 02:23 AM
    Facebook dump...? 8-o

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Hsss

It's easier to blame marketing than admit BB10 failed.
    It would take some Herculean effort of marketing to win out with a substandard product in the end. Even if BlackBerry plastered every square inch of the world with an ad, it would not magically bring hundreds of thousands of apps in time for launch, nor would it pull the carriers' heads out of their asses, nor would it open a hole in time, bring back 10.3.2 and say it's 10.0.

Now, convincing the planet to buy a dinky piece of crap that couldn't keep up a phone call or copy and paste? That's the feat I mean.
    11-30-15 02:30 AM
    Maybe this is the plan, get everyone loving the BlackBerry Android and then slowly shifting the focus back to BB10. Once everyone loves BlackBerry again, it will be a lot easier to get people to keep liking it.
    Agreed! I never knew Android is so stupid until I bought Priv and now still using my passport. BB10 is so clean and smooth, totally professional. Apps don't annoy you with ads and banners

Posted by Priv
    lift likes this.
    11-30-15 03:54 AM
    I take it here all these fans haven't read Losing the Signal about the rise and fall of Blackberry?

If you did, you'll understand why they lost all that market share. They just couldn't deliver anything to counter Apple's fuller web expereience and app ecosystem. Even after Verizon requested time and time for BlackBerry to come up with something and that was the failed Storm. Google came in with the Droid and ate more of BlackBerry's market share. The Droid gave Verizon what they needed to fight Apple's iPhone, which was an AT&T exclusive. BB10 was a rushed QNX project.

If you are such a loyal BlackBerry user, learn about it's history.

It's too late to save BB10. It has some nice touches but even with 10.3 it's still very rough around the edges. I mean seriously, the OS can't even go into Landscape mode!

I've been using Android and BB10 extensively. Not just trying it for a few days like most critics here. Security issues aside. Android mops the floor with BB10. Learn to customize it to YOUR needs not just use it out of the box. Shortcuts, widgets, on screen toggles, tons of launcher themes and styles.. the customizations are endless and that's even without root access.
    11-30-15 04:43 AM
    Apps don't annoy you with ads and banners
    Paid for apps usually don't emit ads. Show devs love!
    RH1Pearl and cwalt2166 like this.
    11-30-15 06:06 AM
    Nooooo!!!! I am hooked to bb10! Android and IOS is just too slow for me when it comes to multi tasking!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 06:09 AM
    This ^
    Don has a point. If Priv can sell, they will have enough money to make another BB10 Device. Makes more sense. Right?

As a BlackBerry consumer- sure. As another person wanting another smartphone- with an ecosystem....I really don't think we're going to see another BlackBerry 10. The next OS updates are mainly maintenance fixes. Still no app updates. So, even without an updated ecosystem that I keep hearing some say they could do without, the core apps may not get any update(s). So, to have another BB10 device without any even "incremental" updates, I could see the same ppl complaining - especially with minimal support from DEVs and not just BlackBerry for the OS. I also think even incomplete when the z10 launched, the BB10 OS was getting smoother and had potential......just too late to the market to be a factor as far as sales. Not trying to talk up or down the OS. BlackBerry made the hole deeper when most were saying it was due to all the bad reviews. While they didn't help BlackBerry, the bullseye is still on BlackBerry/Android to advertise- which was only one of many factors that didn't help sales. After spending time on a Priv, I like it......same as my z10, q10s, and z30. So, we'll see what happens.

Also, there's this: The Vienna
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-30-15 at 10:49 AM.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    11-30-15 08:45 AM

And it does appear that BlackBerry, in the person of Chen, has sold its soul to the devil, is sleeping with the enemy, has prostituted itself, or whatever other metaphor one wants to use. No one knows whether trying to market BlackBerry 10 devices would have helped or not. No one knows whether releasing a high-end all-touch "Z50" would have created interest in BlackBerry. No one knows whether fighting back against the perception that BlackBerry devices were pass� or that the company was defunct would have made a difference, because Chen never lifted a finger to do any of those things. What we do know is failure to even try surely did not work!

What Chen did, instead, was systematically cull most of his people with BB10 knowledge. So yes, his decisions and actions seem calculated, from the beginning, to let BlackBerry 10 die on the vine in favor of Android. To coin another phrase, he appears to have sold BlackBerry's birthright for a mess of pottage.
    This!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 08:52 AM
    Nooooo!!!! I am hooked to bb10! Android and IOS is just too slow for me when it comes to multi tasking!!

Posted via CB10
    How so?

Android: Tap RECENTS key, Tap your app to switch to
    BB10: Swipe UP, tap your app to switch to.

To me, they're a tie when it comes to multi-tasking.
    11-30-15 12:32 PM
    Chen did this all! He killed BB10 slowly and now has a valid reason to go all Android

1-He never pay attention to advertise BB10 or BB10 hardware
    2- He spoiled his relationship with carriers and didn't bothered

Not only that but he cancelled the music and video services that were offered thru BB World. It is clear that he wanted to kill BB10.

Posted by Priv
    11-30-15 01:04 PM
    No... they don't know BB10... pure and simple.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone I showed my mighty Z30 to laughed and couldn't care less.
    11-30-15 01:17 PM
    The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know; android is the devil BB knows and the "unpredictable device (BB10) future is the devil it doesn't know.
    11-30-15 01:35 PM
    Android is just crap. BB10 Os is simply the best and powerful period.

  
    I agree with you in terms of usability, but Android has app developer support so Android wins in many respects.
    11-30-15 01:39 PM
    I agree with you in terms of usability, but Android has app developer support so Android wins in many respects.
    There's not much to BB10. Apps strung along the various app screens to the right. Hub on the left. Pull down for settings. Static camera, phone and search on the bottom. That's pretty much it. You can't even change the keyboard.

On android I can set up my static Home, Back , and Search buttons to do my own custom actions with certain launchers (long press actions, double tap actions..). I can change the keyboard to the keyboard that fits my needs. I can set up widgets on the home screen to get my needed info at a glace. Such as weather, stocks, RSS feeds...etc. I can set up wifi / bt/ data etc toggles right on my home screen.

So I really don't understand how BB10 is more usable. It is what it is out of the box. You adapt to the OS. Android can adapt to YOU.
    11-30-15 01:56 PM
    That's a good thing because traditionally selling your soul to the devil results in great success, riches, fame etc. You just have to pay dear for it afterwards.
    11-30-15 02:02 PM
    I have used 9900, Lenovo, Q10, Passport and again Q10! Before Priv I was having Passport for my communication and Emails and Q10 Gold for voice calls. Then BlackBerry has launched Priv and I was so inspired by Priv hardware and I bought Priv powered by Android!

OS comparison

BB10 is so powerful and secure Os as compare to Android. I never have complaint off apps! My necessary apps were there and five email accounts worked smoothly for 16 month.

Priv with Android

Priv hardware is very well built and again BlackBerry think out of box and made slider...perfect in every angle. Screen, battery and built quality even PKB very smooth.

Such a shame Priv launched with Android, so buggy and Un professional, so afraid to downloads any app (which usually need all permissions). Difficult to access many thing and your productivity is gone! Yeah Android is good for gaming things.

BlackBerry has sold loyalists to Android same like Hotmail sold us to Facebook and many other companies. NOW WHEN BLACKBERRY HAS SOLD HIS SOUL TO DEVIL IT WILL FLOURISH AGAIN AND BB10 SHALL BE DEDICATED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GOVERNMENT (SAID BY CHEN). WAR AGAINST BLACKBERRY IS OVER NOW! DEVIL IS SUCCESSFUL AS USUAL!

Posted by Priv
    Hail Satin
    11-30-15 02:03 PM
    Anyone who mocks the spelling of a person who is writing in a second language is clearly a bigger fool than the person who has at least learned a second language.
    It might be funny to make a pass at spelling, but the OP is the epitome of BlackBerry fandom. They don't see what's out there and simply assume that everything out there is terrible, or selling your data / soul to Google.

Each platform has is upsides - Apple is pretty easy to use and keeps it simple by being restrictive. Android wants apps to share, the store is a bit of wild wild west, but there's lots of variety. BlackBerry 10 has been trying hard to shake off the stuffy, lack of apps image, with not a lot of success, and frankly, most people don't care about the security of their smartphone (even if they should).

Decrying whether BlackBerry has sold their soul is useless - the ship has sailed and not enough people want BlackBerry 10. It didn't help with bad management, bad PR, bad user experience (honestly, the BB10 initial launch is more than a bit rough around the edges). In the smartphone game where it favours the big boys, why is this even a surprise?
    11-30-15 02:09 PM
    Apple had to pay the devil something...so they gave them BlackBerry.....
    BB_PP likes this.
    11-30-15 02:09 PM
    How so?

Android: Tap RECENTS key, Tap your app to switch to
    BB10: Swipe UP, tap your app to switch to.

To me, they're a tie when it comes to multi-tasking.
    My experience with Android is very limited as I have been using BB10 since the Z10 arrived on Verizon. When the Priv was released on AT&T, I went into a store to try it out. What I wanted to test what the ability to multi task.

BB10: When playing a youtube video, I swipe up to minimize the application. The youtube video keeps playing and I can head the audio. I can then open additional applications while the audio plays.

Android: When playing the same video, I tap the "recent apps" button and the recent apps screen appears (similar to BB10). However, the video and audio stop playing.

Android is not multi tasking in my mind. I can still only do one thing at a time. Was I doing something incorrectly? Is there a way to get the multi tasking on Android to work correctly? Just because I tap on the "recent apps" button doesn't mean to app should stop performing the current task.
    tochiroge999 likes this.
    11-30-15 02:35 PM
    My experience with Android is very limited as I have been using BB10 since the Z10 arrived on Verizon. When the Priv was released on AT&T, I went into a store to try it out. What I wanted to test what the ability to multi task.

BB10: When playing a youtube video, I swipe up to minimize the application. The youtube video keeps playing and I can head the audio. I can then open additional applications while the audio plays.

Android: When playing the same video, I tap the "recent apps" button and the recent apps screen appears (similar to BB10). However, the video and audio stop playing.

Android is not multi tasking in my mind. I can still only do one thing at a time. Was I doing something incorrectly? Is there a way to get the multi tasking on Android to work correctly? Just because I tap on the "recent apps" button doesn't mean to app should stop performing the current task.
    This is exactly why I switched to BlackBerry after trying to like Android for a long time following the demise of the Pre and webOS. True "real-time" multi-tasking support. None of the other platforms have it (iOS, Android, Windows Phone).
    11-30-15 02:57 PM

As has been discussed here dozens of times, this isn't a limitation of Android - Android has no trouble running videos in the background, or anything else. Rather, it's a specific decision by Google to write the YouTube app to not allow playing videos in the background. No 1st-party YouTube app allows this on any mobile platform, even though it easily could. Google made this decision to prevent people from inadvertently leaving YouTube running and burning up their data and battery charge.

But there are third-party YouTube apps that don't have this (intentional) limitation, and they play videos in the background just fine. Similarly, MX Player is designed not to allow (local) videos to be played in the background, but VLC Player does allow it. That's just different design choices at work, not limitations of the OS itself.
    fanaticalman2 likes this.
    11-30-15 02:58 PM

You couldn't be more wrong. The only reason you could play videos in the background was because BB10 doesn't have a YouTube app. BB10 doesn't multitask any more than iOS or Android. I can do the exact same thing on an iPhone if I don't use the youtube app and use the web to access youtube. This has been covered hundreds of times. Google blocks the native app from playing in the background. I guess the iPhone is now magically able to multitask because with YouTube Red you can minimize the native app and keep the video playing. BB10 wasn't doing anything special, it just didn't have an app for Google to block the video from playing in the background. If an actual YouTube app would have ever been released for BB10 you wouldn't have been able to play anything while the app was minimized.
    TgeekB and sentimentGX4 like this.
    11-30-15 03:04 PM
505 ... 34567 ...