They should keep making them just for me! One unit per year made exclusively for me. What's wrong with that?
    Moto is doing it# no? You can customize stuff?
    11-28-15 08:53 PM
    A little too dramatic.
    11-28-15 09:01 PM
    Stick with your Passport and BB10. Sell the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    BETTER STILL: and i'll buy the PRIV!
    11-28-15 11:50 PM
    Facts can be proven.

People have different opinions (not facts) as to why BB10 failed, which doesn't really matter at this point anyways.
    LOL. Still trying to see why this is being reported/debated......as if the reasons why were unknown. Moving on, I don't see another BB10 coming. Especially since the move to Android. But, JMO.
    TgeekB, LuisCast and wincyUt like this.
    11-28-15 11:58 PM
    Can we try not to incorporate religious figure heads into BlackBerry business decisions?

What's a davil? LmAo, just kiddin' 'round eh?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-29-15 12:44 AM
    lack of toothsome finesse in first post that warrants a response is what held me back from posting on first page.... little surprised that it evoked strong responses and went on to 3 odd pages.
    11-29-15 03:46 AM
    Why is it that when I read these posts, I hear Sympathy for the Davil playing in the background?
    KermEd likes this.
    11-29-15 07:09 AM
    Totally agreed with OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 07:45 AM
    Why is it that when I read these posts, I hear Sympathy for the Davil playing in the background?
    Woo woo
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-29-15 07:47 AM
    Bro I think Blackberries just got too proudy for its own good. Users said no way and made new friends with cheap android phones. Better for selfies and has dual sim
    11-29-15 08:28 AM
    Bro I think Blackberries just got too proudy for its own good. Users said no way and made new friends with cheap android phones. Better for selfies and has dual sim
    Friendship ended with BLACKBERRY
    Now ANDROID is my best friend
    SteelGreek and LuisCast like this.
    11-29-15 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry is simply aiming for the bigger piece of the pie. Like it or not Android controls 85% of the smartphone market. What they need most of all are device sales and I hope that the Priv helps BlackBerry's goal of 5 million devices.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by web99; 11-29-15 at 09:36 AM.
    11-29-15 09:14 AM
    Haven't been in these forums for a while - a lot sure has changed.

People forget that BB did this to themselves. They saw the iphone and scoffed at since it is not a "productivity" tool. But people's workflow does not revolve around someone responding to emails with their smartphone all the time. And email functionality/systems is easy to implement and replicate.

Security and privacy might be important to some - but if you have government agencies (NSA, German, French security services) demanding access - it is kinda redundant. And BB security was not a selling feature. People bought bb's because the were the most easy to use smartphones at time, compared to symbian and windows mobile. But the mobile phone industry moved on and BB was caught unprepared and unable to respond to changes. Just look at Storm 1 & 2.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 11-29-15 at 10:47 AM. Reason: gramatical errors
    RH1Pearl, TgeekB, JeepBB and 5 others like this.
    11-29-15 10:02 AM
    Would you prefer if they stopped making handsets altogether? Because that is what was going to happen if they stuck with BB10.
    What's the difference? It really doesn't look like they are going to make any more BB10 devices anyway, so if they are going to make only android handsets then yeah, I would rather see them leave the handset market.
    11-29-15 11:34 AM
    What's the difference? It really doesn't look like they are going to make any more BB10 devices anyway, so if they are going to make only android handsets then yeah, I would rather see them leave the handset market.
    Either way I doubt they will continue making phones. There's no way they are selling 5 million Android devices.
    lift, JeepBB, Blacklatino and 1 others like this.
    11-29-15 11:36 AM
    evidence of a sound mind and/or body?
    Possibly, Just not good at expressing his feelings in words. English possibly not his native language also.
    HereticHermit likes this.
    11-29-15 11:37 AM
    Stop jumping all over the OP's Grammar and spelling. CrackBerry is a world wide forum. There are a lot of people here from other parts of the world trying to be a part of this community and the English language is probably a second language to them.
    To all you people that made fun of his spelling, let's see how well you could communicate in a forum in another language.
    CrackBerry is going down the drain, fast.
    11-29-15 11:47 AM
    Would you prefer if they stopped making handsets altogether? Because that is what was going to happen if they stuck with BB10.
    This ^
    Don has a point. If Priv can sell, they will have enough money to make another BB10 Device. Makes more sense. Right?
    11-29-15 01:21 PM
    BB10 failed for one reason only... no one cared about it.
    Fixed that for you.

Whether BlackBerry would have marketed BB10 till they were blue in the face, it wouldn't have made F all of a difference. People had already moved on from BlackBerry's legacy OS. It was limited and had it's own set of issues.

In my opinion, for BlackBerry to have made any difference (marketing or otherwise), they would have had to make the same evolutionary leap the iPhone made for the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 02:00 PM
    Like really???? Blackberry's issues are simple... a severely damaged brand by their own hand... and a great OS with no appealing ecosystem.... people seem to forget that most average smartphones users response when you say Blackberry is "they are still in business?".... This how bad the damage still is... creating a great OS like BB10 solves nothing for two simple reasons....

Users hate change... and they do not want a device that does not have "everything" when it comes to apps... I have argued for ages that Apple is successful not because innovation... it is standardization and marketing... all Apple device upgrade cycles may add new features... but current users have nothing really new to learn... Apple's " you are missing out" marketing drives the herd mentality.... if they make the leap to BB10... there is a huge "culture shock" with all new ways of doing things and lack of the familiar....( missing apps ).... many users are simply lazy....

Better does not always sell.. in the late eighties when Apple just introduced the Mac... at the same time Commadore introduced the Amiga... it had multitasking... graphic co processors... great color and resolution.... Heck... you could format a floppy on the fly and still do other things... a trick Microsoft only just mastered in WIndows.....great OS... Mac was black and white.. single tasking... limited market..... guess which one survived... history is littered with great products or ideas that were superior to others of the time... does not mean better is successful....

as for the snide Android remarks.. like "GROW UP!.... All OS have issues... owning Apple Android BB products... I can tell you that they all have issues depending on age and usage.... I would say the LG G3 is smoother operating and less issues than my Z30.... as for security... you are only as secure as your actions... have a weak password... turn off encryption... fall for phishing scams... bad sites and apps with malware ( BB10 being an orphaned OS from the get go had no interest from Malware makers) ....

my impression is many users in the world of Blackberry would much rather see the company's hardware die than deal with the reality that you have a dead OS.... sad really....
    11-29-15 02:22 PM
    11-29-15 02:45 PM
    BB is doing what every company does - survive. As much as I like BB10, I don't even reach for my Z30 or Classic. There are so many other choices available in both Android (my chosen OS at this point, because Apple was really slow off the mark to get the heck away from tiny screens and mediocre battery) and Apple. The apps I seem to lean on are all Android, and while you can for the most part run Android on BB10, performance takes a huge hit. The only phone that comes close to good Android performance is the Passport. I really hope the Priv works out for them. I also hope their next Android phone is more affordable, I'm not paying $700 for the Priv.
    TgeekB and LuisCast like this.
    11-29-15 02:54 PM
    Fixed that for you.

Whether BlackBerry would have marketed BB10 till they were blue in the face, it wouldn't have made F all of a difference. People had already moved on from BlackBerry's legacy OS. It was limited and had it's own set of issues.

In my opinion, for BlackBerry to have made any difference (marketing or otherwise), they would have had to make the same evolutionary leap the iPhone made for the smartphone market.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong... one can't care about something they know nothing about... but keep trying...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 02:57 PM
    This ^
    Don has a point. If Priv can sell, they will have enough money to make another BB10 Device. Makes more sense. Right?
    If the Priv and android is successful why would they release a BB10 device? BB10 failed. Just because we like it doesn't mean it makes any business sense for it to come back.

Hey, we're doing great with this new product, lets go ahead and re-release a product that failed and has zero support instead of making more devices with a successful OS/form.

Makes no business sense... We all would like a BB10 device but it's never going to happen.
    11-29-15 02:59 PM
    KKK? No not enough!
    Hitler? No not enough!
    Rick Astley? No too much!
    Davil? Yes, Davil is good.
    11-29-15 03:05 PM
505 12345 ...