Not gonna happen.
    Not since they moved to Android.
    JeepBB, Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    11-28-15 02:07 PM
    Not since they moved to Android.
    And they could have been so WITHOUT resorting to android had they actually sold and marketed PROPERLY and CONSISTENTLY their BB10/BBOS devices, as they do with priv now. Even if it had to be in a niche thingie for a while.
    lift likes this.
    11-28-15 02:13 PM
    And they could have been so WITHOUT resorting to android had they actually sold and marketed PROPERLY and CONSISTENTLY their BB10/BBOS devices, as they do with priv now. Even if it had to be in a niche thingie for a while.
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Blame it all on the lack of marketing. It's the easy way out.
    11-28-15 02:15 PM
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Blame it all on the lack of marketing. It's the easy way out.
    No, it's a simple fact, actually. And I am seriously NOT the only one seeing this. You could gloat and say otherwise, of course, being the winner by choosing priv and android and whathaveyou. Backed up by the CEO himself, even. Good for you. Congratulations.
    crackberry_geek and lift like this.
    11-28-15 02:19 PM
    Very, very Davilish
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-28-15 02:21 PM
    No, it's a simple fact, actually. And I am seriously NOT the only one seeing this. You could gloat and say otherwise, of course, being the winner by choosing priv and android and whathaveyou. Backed up by the CEO himself, even. Good for you. Congratulations.
    Yeah. Palm never advertised WebOS and that's why it failed... Microsoft doesn't advertise Windows phones and that's why it's flailing...

Just because you think it's great doesn't mean the rest of the general public does and no amount of marketing was going to change that. Did they market it properly, no, but that's only part of the issue. The real problem is they released an OS that was half done at a time that was most crucial for them and made claims about their products that were patently false which caused even more public disdain for the brand name.
    11-28-15 02:24 PM
    Rose.....colored......glasses....
    11-28-15 02:27 PM
    Who is Davil? Where are the genius moderators who change titles on threads? ? Genius I say!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 02:48 PM
    A subset of BB10 fans display their loyalty by willfully ignoring reality. I'm pretty sure that some are just pretending to ignore reality. Kind of like crop circle hoaxers.
    11-28-15 02:49 PM
    Anyone else come in here to see what company is called Davil? Lol

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-28-15 02:53 PM
    It's not a fact and it's not simple. The >95% of people with Apple and Android phones can't live without their apps. On Crackberry, which represents a small percentage of the small percentage who even use BB10, "apps don't matter" keeps getting repeated even in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless (for now)
    11-28-15 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz, Blacklatino and dbugem like this.
    11-28-15 04:39 PM
    I always hated that Davil guy

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-28-15 05:32 PM
    Will they release another bb10 device?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 05:35 PM
    It was either the PRIV or nothing. There likely wasn't go to be a next BB10 handset. There's probably not even going to be a next Android handset.
    I have read several articles on the next android. The ones that I read pretty much said Android is expensive to license which is why Blackberry will not stop after the first one, because of the expense factor.
    11-28-15 06:04 PM
    I really like that idea. I would like a big rectangular screen, big battery, multiple core cpu and of course a Q5 type chiclet keyboard, as well as the option for the flicking virtual keyboard. I want it in bright pink like the Q5, or red and white with a big maple leaf where the BlackBerry symbol is.

Actually that sounds like a bb10 priv in pink.....
    WANT!
    See, you know what I want.
    11-28-15 06:09 PM
    I have read several articles on the next android. The ones that I read pretty much said Android is expensive to license which is why Blackberry will not stop after the first one, because of the expense factor.
    Expensive to license? You mean cheap, right? Because Android is free. If you mean Google Play Services, then I think Google also gives those away for free, with some restrictions.

11-28-15 06:13 PM
    If Android is de Davil and BlackBerry is Faust, who is Gad?
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-28-15 06:27 PM
    Yeah. Palm never advertised WebOS and that's why it failed... Microsoft doesn't advertise Windows phones and that's why it's flailing...

Just because you think it's great doesn't mean the rest of the general public does and no amount of marketing was going to change that. Did they market it properly, no, but that's only part of the issue. The real problem is they released an OS that was half done at a time that was most crucial for them and made claims about their products that were patently false which caused even more public disdain for the brand name.
    Everyone knew about Palm. It failed for completely different reasons than BB10 that would take way to long to explain. No where close to a legitimate comparison.

Microsoft doesn't have a mature, robust or efficient OS. Also no where close to a legitimate comparison.

BB10 failed for one reason only... no one knew about it.

You can tell yourself whatever you want but facts are stubborn things.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast and dbugem like this.
    11-28-15 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Facts can be proven.

People have different opinions (not facts) as to why BB10 failed, which doesn't really matter at this point anyways.
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    11-28-15 06:58 PM
    Everyone knew about Palm. It failed for completely different reasons than BB10 that would take way to long to explain. No where close to a legitimate comparison.

Microsoft doesn't have a mature, robust or efficient OS. Also no where close to a legitimate comparison.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of why Palm failed, and you can tell yourself that the reason BB10 failed was because no one knew about it which is a small part of a myriad of reasons.
    11-28-15 07:04 PM
    Expensive to license? You mean cheap, right? Because Android is free. If you mean Google Play Services, then I think Google also gives those away for free, with some restrictions.

No, I don't mean cheap. I have read on numerous cell phone forums about it during the past week and the few that I have read said it is expensive to license. They did not get into the particulars about it, but I read it costs
    11-28-15 07:06 PM
    I wanted to see BlackBerry 10 succeed as much as anyone. Others have mentioned this isn't only about marketing. Apps are a major part as BlackBerry has had no success getting app developers to write. Anyway, if BlackBerry has sold its soul (via Chen) to the devil....."Excuse me. Can I have this dance?"
    11-28-15 07:24 PM
    If Android is de Davil and BlackBerry is Faust, who is Gad?
    I dunno, but Maphistophalas would be Ron Louks, then...
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    11-28-15 07:43 PM
    I think either way BB10 will be dropped so perhaps we should hope that BlackBerry Priv is catching ON.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-28-15 07:47 PM
505 1234 ...