1. Hub - personal preference.
    2. Keyboard - magnificent, in my opinion best in the field.
    3. Communication - without BIS communication is the same as any other platform.
    4. Battery life - not everyone has a Z30. On my devices the iPhone 5 far surpasses my Z10.
    5. Build quality - personal preference. I find that the iPhone 5 far surpasses my Z in aesthetics, design, and dependability.
    6. Speaker - I find my three devices equal.
    7. Reception - I find my iPhone and Z equal and my SGIII to have the poorer of the three.
    8. More fluidity - Personal preference. I find no advantage as I have many apps open simultaneously.
    9. Better multitasking - with the restriction on 8 apps open I find BB10 to be the least convenient for me. Additionally with the ability to run two apps on the screen at the same time I find my SGIII to be the best multitasker.
    10. Active frames - again, with the restriction to eight, I find widgets to work better for me.
    11. Better OS - Beautiful OS but limiting for my use, as noted in multitasking.

Sent from a smartphone of my choosing.
    I have to agree that I am still kinda disappointed in the only 8 apps open. It has something to do with RAM, since it uses over a gigabyte without me having any apps open (I'm lying, I had the device manager open) .

CB10 from the amazing Z10
    12-23-13 05:45 AM
    True. Which is the reason I'm waiting for the Note 4 to replace my SGIII. The split window is something that I am sure will be better on the larger screen.
    12-23-13 06:44 AM
    True. Which is the reason I'm waiting for the Note 4 to replace my SGIII. The split window is something that I am sure will be better on the larger screen.
    You're gonna wait another 7/8 months?

12-23-13 06:56 AM
    You're gonna wait another 7/8 months?

Yup. I'm not due an upgrade on that line until August. And I'm not dishing out 800 bucks on a phone, no phone is worth it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-13 07:16 AM
    Yup. I'm not due an upgrade on that line until August. And I'm not dishing out 800 bucks on a phone, no phone is worth it.
    You're absolutely right as Samsung over price's their Note line big time. I can get 4 Z10s for that kind of money.

12-23-13 08:18 AM
    Well no phone at all is worth 800 for me.

None.

Sent from a smartphone of my choosing.
    kbz1960 and lnichols like this.
    12-23-13 08:19 AM
    You're absolutely right as Samsung over price's their Note line big time. I can get 4 Z10s for that kind of money.

It would be overpriced if they weren't selling at that price, like Z10s for example.
    12-23-13 08:26 AM
    People are taking Mr. Chen's statements out of context. ...snip
    This is the problem.
    No clear context.
    If people on these boards are taking it out of context, you can't limit the misinterpretation to just CB.
    How many people outside of CB are also "taking Mr. Chen's statements out of context."
    12-23-13 08:56 AM
    A big problem with this is that you can't appeal to consumers unless you have a strong ecosystem. You can't have a strong ecosystem if you only target the business sector.
    Totally agree. I'm just stating that from a hardware perspective, "high end enterprise" focused hardware, should be desirable hardware for consumer too. The ecosystem, or apps, still has to be there for commercial success. If they can make Google Play Store part of Bb10, and make it seamless, then they could remove that barrier, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:11 AM
    I think what many missed yesterday during the earnings call was this statement from Chen:

"For the foreseeable future, our designers in North America will focus on enterprise ONLY. This does not imply, in the long term, we?re not going to get ourselves back into the consumer space in North America."

And of course that made investors happy and the stock rose as a result. Canada and the US will not see any more phones developed/designed for the consumer market. No running into Rogers, Telus, Bell, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile to pick up the latest BlackBerry. It will be interesting to see how long carriers continue to sell online. BlackBerry will continue to leverage BBM?s popularity.

Time to stock up on BlackBerry phones. Lol. We won't see another one until Jakarta is released and it won't be sold in Canada and U.S.

Poetry in Motion
    Blackberry always marketed towards the business enviroment before the consumer, it's the consumer side that decided to make Blackberry a trend(turning their business release smartphone intended for corporate NOT initially for consumers) in turn that same consumer market now for the majority part says Blackberry phones aren't "IT". What's even more interesting these same consumers are trying to discredit one of the best enterprises platforms to date, why? Because the company isn't trending. It's funny how much trends nowsday effect corporate america
    Last edited by roderickwill; 12-23-13 at 11:08 AM.
    12-23-13 09:44 AM
    q5? - its in most phone stores in winnipeg (Canada) - telus, rogers, etc

Hmm. I haven't seen a cheap low end phone sold in North America in a long time. Q10, Z10, Z30, Bold series, etc are not cheap low end phones.

Poetry in Motion
    12-23-13 10:24 AM
    Emerging markets are price sensitive and do not buy many apps and developers won't waste their time and money for poor returns.
    That is the part of the problem, BBRY is chasing after developers and apps. You can't win the app game, that game was played long time ago and iOS won with Android close second. MS is still trying but that is because they have money to burn and eventually they will fail as well.

BBRY and any other new comer needs to develop apples framework, one integrated experience with extensions rather than apps. That means one message app for all SMS, IMs, Stickers, blah, blah from all other apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Line, etc. One phone app that lets you VOIP with Skype, Google Voice, Yahoo Voice, etc. One media stream app that lets you stream Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, etc
    12-23-13 10:39 AM
    Any way you slice it, this approach will be the eventual death of handsets for Blackberry. This will guarantee their market will be extremely small, and that it will be too cost in-efficient to continue making phones for such a small market (unless they charge a premium - and then you'll be scaring off a lot of people there). If you think BBs market is small now, wait to see how small it is then.

Coming soon: RIP Blackberry handsets.
    Lucky us, we have an all-knowing, all-seeing, cystal ball owning user amongst us. Tell us berklon, do you speak with such misguided confidence about everything, or just topics that you are clueless about?
    collinc93 likes this.
    12-23-13 10:47 AM
    Lucky us, we have an all-knowing, all-seeing, cystal ball owning user amongst us. Tell us berklon, do you speak with such misguided confidence about everything, or just topics that you are clueless about?
    I've been pretty damn accurate so far with Blackberry, even though there were many telling me I was clueless.
    I was proven right, while they were proven wrong.

There are things that are difficult to predict, but with Blackberry - it's pretty easy if you're willing to open your eyes and look at things objectively.
    The only thing that's hard to nail down is the precise date of death.

No crystal ball required, just common sense.
    BBRYed likes this.
    12-23-13 10:54 AM
    That is the part of the problem, BBRY is chasing after developers and apps. You can't win the app game, that game was played long time ago and iOS won with Android close second. MS is still trying but that is because they have money to burn and eventually they will fail as well.

BBRY and any other new comer needs to develop apples framework, one integrated experience with extensions rather than apps. That means one message app for all SMS, IMs, Stickers, blah, blah from all other apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Line, etc. One phone app that lets you VOIP with Skype, Google Voice, Yahoo Voice, etc. One media stream app that lets you stream Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, etc
    This is a critical point. A huge number of apps were developed in the 2007-2011 or 2012 period. Perhaps even more importantly, people got used to using those apps. I think that gap is virtually impossible to overcome.
    12-23-13 11:14 AM
    Oh? In what way have you been accurate? Please provide examples... Because all I see is you spouting opinion (which is your right) as if it was fact (which it is not.)

Common sense... so I suppose BB, Chen, Fairfax, ...Foxconn... all lacking common sense? Or perhaps the internet ceo (you) is lacking some common sense...?

I've been pretty damn accurate so far with Blackberry, even though there were many telling me I was clueless.

There are things that are difficult to predict, but with Blackberry - it's pretty easy if you're willing to open your eyes and look at things objectively.

12-23-13 11:14 AM

I dont get it do you want a company to fail and once it does you are on cyber record on Crackberry saying I predicted this all along? Would you want a medal? Blackberry first and foremost was create to target a ninch in the business enterpise which until this day is still one of the most secured. So if they fail in the cellphone game it's ok because there market wasn't initially the consumer cellphone anyway(consumers force their hand to develop smartphones). I will start to worry when goverment trust a system that hasnt a proven track record for security. IE how many times in record history has BB enterprise compromise a company's trust?

Question if Cisco was to enter and leave the celllphone game because they wasnt maknig a profit would that be the end of Cisco as a company?
    12-23-13 11:15 AM
    I said 18 months ago they needed to focus an emerging markets. They didn't and are now suffering even more.

BB Proud
    12-23-13 11:22 AM
    This is the problem.
    No clear context.
    If people on these boards are taking it out of context, you can't limit the misinterpretation to just CB.
    How many people outside of CB are also "taking Mr. Chen's statements out of context."
    Absolutely. Over the past year or so there's been nothing clear, concise and unambiguous coming out of Waterloo. I suspect they think it's clever spin to placate investors and customers. In reality it's obvious and just plain annoying.
    12-23-13 11:27 AM
    I don't see how they can re-enter the high end consumer market (North America, Europe, etc) with much success. They had a longshot of a chance earlier this year and it did not pan out. It looks like they are focusing on what they know they can be (most likely will continue to be) successful at (enterprise and low end markets) and work from there. That is pretty much the best they can do right now. Though they have a fierce battle in low end markets against the cheap Android devices.

Apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc are not going to sit back and not release quality phones and when/if BB re-enters the high-end consumer market it would take a magnificent marketing miracle to have their brand be relevant again to consumers. IMO, The enterprise "prosumer" devices they release will still be attainable by folks like us on CB, but probably only via special order from a carrier and/or BB's official shop. They really need to sell direct because the carriers won't really help them out. I think the main reason the Z30 is only on Verizon at the moment is that they are the only carrier that really wanted it because (assumption) most of the enterprise/government customers are on the Verizon network. I know tons of people here on CB with the other carriers want the Z30 phone and I follow the BB message boards on Sprint's (I am a customer) website and there is probably 10-20 people on that board that are clamoring for the Z30 and Sprint is giving them the runaround and some people have already switched to Verizon. Very frustrating. Please sell direct, BB!
    BBRYed likes this.
    12-23-13 11:29 AM
    didn't they partner already. They didn't make that **** entirely themselves before. I think folks continually jump the gun around here.
    roderickwill likes this.
    12-23-13 11:45 AM
    didn't they partner already. They didn't make that **** entirely themselves before. I think folks continually jump the gun around here.
    Amen do that I believe the site is becoming more like a BB count down to the "end" instead of empowerment. I dont get it if you dont like it or want it to fail then why long on and keep track post negative thoughts and so forth. I am not a google or a iphone fan so I dont bother going on their sites or forums saying how much they are a negative in my eyes, I wish more people would follow that suit.
    12-23-13 11:56 AM
    BlackBerry is exiting the consumer retail market. Only enterprise handsets going forward. It's pretty clear.

Poetry in Motion
    Na, This doesn't mean that you can't buy a phone as a consumer any more than you can't go buy a PC that might be labeled "for business".

What it does mean is that when new hardwear is released it will be with the Enterprise customers in mind 1st and you won't see any advertising to speak of anywhere.
    12-23-13 12:54 PM
    I have to agree that I am still kinda disappointed in the only 8 apps open. It has something to do with RAM, since it uses over a gigabyte without me having any apps open (I'm lying, I had the device manager open) .

How often do you really need more than 8 apps open at anyone time? What are you trying to do? Idk about split screen either, maybe if you had it connected to a monitor with a mouse and keyboard.

Zed30
    12-23-13 01:05 PM
    How often do you really need more than 8 apps open at anyone time? What are you trying to do? Idk about split screen either, maybe if you had it connected to a monitor with a mouse and keyboard.

Zed30
    Not a lot of times actually, but I hate this limit. Split screen would be awesome, and easy because there are a lot of Q10 optimized apps, that would be superb to inplement. IMO
    12-23-13 01:23 PM
259 ... 56789 ...