YES. this phone has exceeded my expectations on several fronts already. the keyboard is the best on glass, the browser is extremely fast and loads pages so seamlessly there is no need for certain apps (tumblr, imdb), and bbm is better than ever. i could go on...
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-15-13 01:03 PM
    speaking of "all the hype" what happened to JamesAlexander?
    02-15-13 02:30 PM
    speaking of "all the hype" what happened to JamesAlexander?
    Good question.
    randall2580 likes this.
    02-15-13 03:06 PM
    I just wish they would get BBM Music on there. I'm paying for the damn subscription and I love the service, but apparently I have to choose between giving BlackBerry money for a new phone, or giving them money to listen to music. Too bad I can't give them money for both.
    02-15-13 03:14 PM
    aside from a messed up groups implementation in contacts (as in none), Z10 is a great phone. I still wish BB would list off what features have changed from BBOS but that list would be extensive.

Time Shift camera is easier and more fun than some people have made it out to be (its easy). All in all besides the problems with contacts/calendar its a sweet phone. Actually the GF was about to return the phone since she had so many contact groups... I fixed things but kinda angry that BB didn't have it ready to go.

The battery life seriously needs improvement compared to BBOS
    02-15-13 03:20 PM
    I'd like to see one somewhere and play around with it for a few minutes. I'm open in all directions at this point. Have been a customer of T-mobile since the beginning and my old BB is slowly dying. So I need a replacement and I want one that leaves a lot of things like they are (reliable and easy to manage push mail being one), while I need other things to improve. The browser on my Bold with OS7 has become pretty much useless in that it crashes constantly as soon as web pages have a bit more complex content. Then the calendar support for my google calendar stopped working and I need an alternative to sync with my desktop calendar (Thunderbird mail).

So if the browser works better and I find a calendar solution I'd really like to stick to BB - preferably the Q10 if it materializes for T-mobile in one way or another. The Z10 looks big and clunky (slightly worse then the iPhone 5 which I returned) so I doubt it'll live up to the hype for me. The other question about the OS10 versions is to what extent it can be customized. There seems to be a bunch of stuff that just would need to go. "Hub" and "peeking"? No, make that go away. I don't want work emails, text messages and FB notifications in one place. I want a handfull of icons for that on the home screen and the 2-3 "apps" that are useful to me (browser, calendar, GPS, stock market tracker, camera - everything else can go bye bye).

Based on that I'll decide if this works or if I'll still have to buy the dreaded iphone and then see how Apple's stupid cloud service can be tweaked to work with my servers.
    Comical slams features one has not used. Hilarious clown post like these one cant take serious.Has little and no expereince with the UX and slams it.Customization and making demands and talks iphone.This post was funny its got to be trolling jog on to iphone nothing here for you making silly demands.
    02-15-13 03:35 PM
    I love my Z10... i can't complain much at all. Definitely can't please everyone but the device from my first Bold 9000 > 9900 has always met my needs and did what i wanted it to do exceptionally well. Remember Kevin's hierarchy of needs? Well it would depend on you as well. My experience with the Z10 has been positive and has been a good improvement by BBRY when you compare it to the competition and previous devices it has released. I am very pleased.
    02-15-13 03:49 PM
    I've had my z10 for over a week now and it has exceeded all my expectations by far. I love this phone and like previously stated my love for it continues to be

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 03:52 PM
    The Hype hasn't even begun!
    02-15-13 03:54 PM
    For me personally, it has met and exceeded my expectations. I'm very satisfied with my Z10. The keyboard, browser, hub, and flow/navigation is the best I've used on a mobile phone (I've used the iPhone 4s and Samsung S3 prior to my Z10).

02-15-13 04:11 PM
    Yes it has.
    02-15-13 04:30 PM
    Suite your self with this news.

"Saudi Arabia's response to the Z10 has been truly remarkable, and we are set for huge, record-breaking sales," said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom"

"Axiom Telecom has experienced one of its best-ever pre-booking campaigns for the device, with 4250 orders recorded in the first 48 hours. Axiom Telecom became the first retailer in Saudi Arabia to offer pre-bookings on 5 February"

"The all new BlackBerry Z10 is already shaping up to be one of Saudi Arabia's best-selling smartphones for 2013," added Al Bannai"

here's the link: Axiom Telecom first retailer to sell BlackBerry Z10 in Saudi Arabia | Axiom Telecom | AMEinfo.com
    aha likes this.
    02-16-13 05:50 AM
    I played with a z10 and I found it to be a pretty solid device . The UI takes a little to get use to but besides that I feel the launch of the Blackberry 10 devices went much better than expected.
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express
    02-16-13 07:22 AM
    When they fix the most basic things like the Calendar (adding Participants, accepting Meeting Invites) and non read only for standard gmail users...I think then it is a good tablet.

Right now, it seems like when I picked up the PB on day one. A very nice beta device.
    Set up your gmail account using activesync and this will fix your calendar issue(yes you still can)...at least until google pulls support.
    02-16-13 08:06 AM
    I am extremely pleased with my Z10. I love the efficency of the OS and how quickly I can move from one app to another by just swiping in to check my emails and all my social feeds in one spot without the bother of having to open multiple apps to check each one.

After using this (since the 5th Feb), I truly understand why Heins emphasizes that the in-and-out UI of other OS is cumbersome and old. They are. When I tried using my sister's iPod, I constantly have this urge to swipe at the screen. Lol. And it feels so much more awkward and slow to have to always hit the home button to move about on the other OS. I'm not saying this to diss the other OS but this is how I feel with my experiences. But I personally think that once you get used to using the BB10 all gesture UI, you can never go back to constantly clicking a button. I will go as far as saying that this new UX with all gestures and no buttons BlackBerry has introduced will soon be adopted and imitated by the other companies. Just wait and see.

I have no problems with apps availability as I don't use many and I am flexible to adopt alternatives if need be.

The all touch keyboard is absolute love. With its very, very accurate auto correct and predictive suggestions, I can actually type this post without needing to look at the actual keyboard itself, seriously. All I need to do is aim my thumbs for the vicinity of the key, get most of the word spelled right and auto correct finishes it up for me. I can now type faster on here than on my physical keyboard and that's no lie.

02-16-13 09:40 AM
    Z10 is a solid device - hype or not.

I have trouble imagining a someone who's used a Blackberry saying that this isn't the best Blackberry made yet. I also have trouble seeing your average phone consumer saying that this offering isn't compelling product within the smartphone marketplace: It's a very good device.

However, I _do_ have trouble seeing anyone entrenched on the iOS or Android platform saying that this offering is compelling for them to switch. But that would be similar for anyone going iOS-to-Android or Android-to-iOS: switching devices isn't compelling to them either given their own personal entrenchment into that environment. Can you blame them?
    Actually your statement about BB people liking it is what baffles me. Given many key, leading features of BB7 and before are not here (sound profiles, email server search, email beyond 30 days, calendar invites) it surprises me that BB people are not shocked. I would have thought those would have been a must to have make the leap, especially with a very long wait and delays.

Heck, those are why I want to come back. They need to be in the Z10 for me to convert back to BB. Good start, but disappointing for me.
    02-16-13 09:46 AM
    Great smartphone, love all the features, best keyboard on the market and camera is more than adequate. Only improvement is the app gap...I'm sure with time it will populate more and more...

02-16-13 11:50 AM
    Actually your statement about BB people liking it is what baffles me. Given many key, leading features of BB7 and before are not here (sound profiles, email server search, email beyond 30 days, calendar invites) it surprises me that BB people are not shocked. I would have thought those would have been a must to have make the leap, especially with a very long wait and delays.

Heck, those are why I want to come back. They need to be in the Z10 for me to convert back to BB. Good start, but disappointing for me.
    I'm sure they will get to sound profiles and more bells and whistles. I'm a EXTREMELY impressed with my Z10. Two years ago this did not exist. They wanted to bring out a stable brand new OS and they certainly did that. Anybody that wants to pick this apart should reflect on what they have done. We have a brand new multi-tasking mobile platform that is super fast and stable with a killer web browser. I for one can not wait to see what they can do with it over the next few years.
    Oh, lived up to the hype? Oh ya!
    02-16-13 11:56 AM
    I think it's brill and it will improve the keyboard really is great and I came from bold 9900. But both Facebook and twitter are crap compared to 7.1 I think both will improve with time and neither are blackberry problem and finally I still haven't been able set up blackberry link so much so I gave up on it ,I have persuaded at least 4 of my pals who also love it
    02-16-13 12:07 PM
    Going from my 9800 to the Z10 has been a real dream for me. The more I use it the better it seems to get, I can only imagine how good its going to get over time.

Sure there are some bugs but hey we are 2 weeks in lol there is no better testing than letting the BlackBerry Faithfull handle them to destruction lol then release updates lol.

02-16-13 12:19 PM
    Look for the threads where people talk about their phone. A headline like the one that you have here is only going to attract negativity for the most part. Hype and expectations are too subjective to be using as the criteria to choose your phone. Instead look for actual experiences and what people like and dislike about the device and go from there.
    Personally I love my Z10 and if anything, I think that some things were underhyped and others were overhyped. Again, very subjective.

gp656, Vorkosigan and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-16-13 12:19 PM
    Personally I love my Z10 and if anything, I think that some things were underhyped and others were overhyped. Again, very subjective.

I really agree! I don't think the pushed how good the key bored is! I loved my 9800 but the speed I can put out emails on the Z10 puts that to shame.

02-16-13 12:25 PM
    Calling all Z10 owners has this BlackBerry lived up to all the pre-release hype? I'm just about to venture into to buying one, but before I part with my cash I wanted the options of current Z10 owners.
    Well the BlackBerry Z10 allows me to do most of the stuff that BlackBerry, the company, claimed but at a much reduced level of functionality for some things and heightened functionality for other things. It is a very nice twenty-first century smartphone in need of further refinement from a user experience perspective. Overall, I rate the BlackBerry Z10 7 out of 10 although admittedly I was expecting at least 8.5 out of 10 based on the hype from the company's chief executive officer. The January 30th Reveal Event was sorely underwhelming; Alicia Keys as Creative Director was the only "positive" surprise while the demonstration by Vivek was a replay of his appearance at BlackBerry Jam. Yawn. Yawn. Maybe my expectations were too high given my visits to this forum revealed all the features in the months leading up to the official launch.
    02-16-13 03:22 PM
    I'd like to see one somewhere and play around with it for a few minutes.
    If you live within driving distance of the US-Canada border visit a BestBuy and get some hands-on time. Truthfully, the virtual keyboard takes time to grow on you but eventually you realize its full potential when it begins to anticipate the next word you want to type. The BlackBerry Z10 is definitely not big and clunky coming in only slightly larger (width and height) than my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780. The BlackBerry PlayBook with Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard has spoiled me to the point that I keep comparing my BlackBerry Z10 to it rather than to my previous BlackBerry Bold.
    02-16-13 03:35 PM
    Talking about the size of z10, my wife is choosing between z10 and iphone 5 and leaning towards I5 because she thinks z10 is a little too big for her hands. She is using I4 currently.
    02-16-13 04:39 PM
84 1234