So I was wondering to myself the sort of demographic and key countries the Blackberry Key-One and Key-Two are aimed at. Last night I started watching the 8th series of a BBC show called "Death In Paradise". I noticed in the 2nd and 3rd episodes that the Key-One was showcased, it was deliberate yet subtle. The show's season was filmed last year as always, real life location is Guadeloupe. I haven't seen any Canadian shows using either of the devices, so I am just curious if anyone else has seen a current Blackberry pop up in the television world. Also, I'm not sure if the product placement makes sense for islanders or for Brits who watch the show. When I last spoke to the shareholder last month, he was excited for the Blackberry Key3 to make its way into people's hands. From what he said, it seems the Key3 may be for Canada unlike the Red Edition Key 2. So hopefully we'll begin to see product placements in networks on CTV and Global. I know on Young & The Restless (CBS) a few characters have a Blackberry Bold, one background person had the Key2. So, has anyone seen any Berries in the tube?
    04-07-19 11:52 PM
    04-08-19 01:40 AM
    Central Maryland here. Haven't seen anybody carrying one. I have had two people notice mine...one was a cashier at Whole Foods(female late 20's) who told me hers had had a trackpad. Very surprised to hear that someone her age would have had a BB!

Posted via CB10
    Andrew Poderis and NYTOC83 like this.
    04-08-19 11:41 AM
    Central Maryland here. Haven't seen anybody carrying one. I have had two people notice mine...one was a cashier at Whole Foods(female late 20's) who told me hers had had a trackpad. Very surprised to hear that someone her age would have had a BB!

Posted via CB10
    Was she cute?

That's the detail I'm most interested in.
    Andrew Poderis likes this.
    04-08-19 06:10 PM
    Let's just say she was charming, but not of my generation. Why do you ask cribble? Are you from around here?

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    04-08-19 06:53 PM
    I've only seen one BlackBerry in the wild. It was a passport a couple years ago and it was impressive. One cashier asked about my Dtek60 when he went to scan a code on it early last year. I never see them
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    04-08-19 07:18 PM
    I've never seen them in the wild, but many people comment on my Classic when they notice it.
    Usually ask to hold it, and have major nostalgia attacks.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    04-09-19 11:37 AM
    Most TV productions know they can contact most companies' marketing departments and get free prop devices for the production, usually with a screen credit requirement. And if someone of influence in the production likes a certain brand, they can often steer the production that way - for example, Tim Allen using BB's in all his shows. Other times, the story and the time line will dictate what is used.

BBs were all over Entourage as they were the new hotness at the time of filming, but a few years later, the iPhone was in every show. But shows set in the early 2000s still use BBs because they were of that era.
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    04-09-19 07:03 PM
    Most TV productions know they can contact most companies' marketing departments and get free prop devices for the production, usually with a screen credit requirement. And if someone of influence in the production likes a certain brand, they can often steer the production that way - for example, Tim Allen using BB's in all his shows. Other times, the story and the time line will dictate what is used.

BBs were all over Entourage as they were the new hotness at the time of filming, but a few years later, the iPhone was in every show. But shows set in the early 2000s still use BBs because they were of that era.
    BB's look SO much better on camera than any bland piece of glass.
    RCJ28 and NYTOC83 like this.
    04-11-19 04:45 PM