I see a similar thread to his posted 8.6.11 and I still have yet to see a single commercial for ANY BB7 Phone from any carrier.

It's pretty sad really. My guess is AT&T will be the first to actually use one in a TV commercial, yet they were the last ones to get it.
    11-02-11 06:08 PM
    Nope, Haven't seen any...
    11-02-11 06:15 PM
    No. The last ad for BlackBerry that I saw was an AT&T billboard on I-480 back in 2009 for the 9700.

I do not remember ever seeing BlackBerry TV commercials.
    11-02-11 06:16 PM
    saw two in the last few weeks in North Carolina
    11-02-11 06:22 PM
    In Australia the only ads you see are either Samsung or Apple.
    11-02-11 06:24 PM
    Nope, have not.
    11-02-11 06:35 PM
    Nothing in Ontario, at least that I've seen.
    11-02-11 07:03 PM
    Nada in Southerrn California.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 11:46 PM
    I saw some on Much Music around the time of the Video Music Awards(late august) advertising they were available at Virgin Mobile. It was kind of lame to be honest.
    11-03-11 12:44 AM
    Nope nothing and the only time I've ever seen anything blackberry being advertised was when the Playbook first came out which only lasted a month or so then it all dissapeared. And RIM wonders why their sales are aren't so great. Take notes from apple and please gets some ads airing already. This is for your company's own good not us. Most of my friends are non-techies and when I told them about the new BB7 devices, some of them still haven't heard of them. I had to show them my 9810 and they were surprised RIM had this type of from factor out on the market. I still can't believe Mike and Jim are still putting up with this crappy marketing team which is the problem with the whole company. If no one knows your products exist, then how can you expect good sales. Beats me..

Last edited by luqman24; 11-03-11 at 10:04 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-03-11 09:59 AM
    When the 9800 first came out I saw commercials all the time. I haven't seen any commericals at all for the OS7 devices. I do have a couple of friends who have upgraded to them despite the lack of marketing, though.
    11-03-11 10:20 AM
    On websites. On CB on Gizmodo.

11-03-11 10:21 AM
    Nope nothing and the only time I've ever seen anything blackberry being advertised was when the Playbook first came out which only lasted a month or so then it all dissapeared. And RIM wonders why their sales are aren't so great. Take notes from apple and please gets some ads airing already. This is for your company's own good not us. Most of my friends are non-techies and when I told them about the new BB7 devices, some of them still haven't heard of them. I had to show them my 9810 and they were surprised RIM had this type of from factor out on the market. I still can't believe Mike and Jim are still putting up with this crappy marketing team which is the problem with the whole company. If no one knows your products exist, then how can you expect good sales. Beats me..

I see the issues you arise. But I'm sure RIM isn't dumb. They know how to market. They've done it before. And I think this line up might be just for enterprise users and other countries. And people looking for Blackberries.

If the rumors are to be true (BBX on track for a Q1 2012 release) then I see where they're going to market. They want as many people as they can get to adopt the new BBX devices.
    11-03-11 10:39 AM
    I see the issues you arise. But I'm sure RIM isn't dumb. They know how to market. They've done it before. And I think this line up might be just for enterprise users and other countries. And people looking for Blackberries.

If the rumors are to be true (BBX on track for a Q1 2012 release) then I see where they're going to market. They want as many people as they can get to adopt the new BBX devices.
    They may know how to market, but if so many people, including the BB fans in this thread, have not seen an ad or hardly has seen an ad for the BB, they must not be very good at it?

Also, Rumors of BBX being on track? Now, why would anyone believe that Rim would be on Track to release something when they say they will or are schedule to?

"War Is All We Know"
    Last edited by Moonbaseone; 11-03-11 at 11:27 AM.
    11-03-11 10:52 AM
    Nothin in philly
    11-03-11 11:26 AM
    I don't really see it as a problem, to be honest everybody knows what a Blackberry looks like even if they have never owned one. Where RIM has stepped up is when a new form factor came out i.e. Storm and Torch and wanted to let people know there is something new in the world of Blackberry.

Problem being with that was promoting a version one device in both instances that were not well received. For me just bring the beef and people will eat it without it being shoved in their face.

Oh and to be on thread, nothing here either!
    11-03-11 11:34 AM
    NO! This reminds me of Sega Dreamcast. It was an awesome game console back on the day. Easily rivaled it's 2 competitors, Sony and Nintendo. The thing is, you were blasted with TV commercials for Sony and Nintendo and rarely to never saw a commercial for Dreamcast. A great system, came in 3rd place and disappeared!!! I miss my Dreamcast, I don't want to say that about my BB!!!!
    11-03-11 11:35 AM
    I've actually seen an ad for the Bold 9900 ONE time on television!

I couldn't believe it.

I think I saw it in early September. I believe it was this one:

11-03-11 02:56 PM
    Really nice ad actually. I was thinking with the ATT push we might see a few ads, but that would mean some coordination from RIM and ATT.
    11-03-11 02:59 PM
    Nope, the last BB related commercial I saw was the "FLASH" PlayBook commercial.
    11-03-11 03:01 PM
    I just saw an ATT Torch 4G commercial.

11-03-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD