Hi everyone,

I'm a bit upset right now. I bought a holster case yesterday and today noticed some scratches on my screen; the screen was flawless yesterday. I'm guessing the top of the holster was rubbing the screen when the phone moved in and out of the holster; I was told I didn't need a screen protector with it and that the holster wouldn't cause scratches. Has anyone else had this problem? The holster was from a Sprint corporate store. Is there a way to get rid of minor scratches?

Thanks,
    Wendy
    08-30-10 10:27 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm a bit upset right now. I bought a holster case yesterday and today noticed some scratches on my screen; the screen was flawless yesterday. I'm guessing the top of the holster was rubbing the screen when the phone moved in and out of the holster; I was told I didn't need a screen protector with it and that the holster wouldn't cause scratches. Has anyone else had this problem? The holster was from a Sprint corporate store. Is there a way to get rid of minor scratches?

Thanks,
    Wendy
    Yep it will scratch, you have to look close but you can see the tiny scratches. I am waiting on the 9780 it will sport a screen protector.
    08-30-10 11:03 AM
    That sucks; all the corporate store will do is let me return the holster but they won't do anything to help me repair the damage.

Way to retain customers Sprint.
    08-30-10 12:53 PM
    What kind of holster was it exactly?
    08-30-10 12:56 PM
    I'm not able to post the link, but it's the holster/shield combo; on the sprint site, it's item # CHB0853R. I was assured by one of the staff that it wouldn't cause scratches; even so, I had screen protectors on order so I thought I'd be ok for a few days. I wouldn't be so upset if I had ordered this from a non-corporate store or ordered a non-BB accessory. I'm now looking to see if I can find anything to remove the scratches.
    08-30-10 01:23 PM
    On my Tour, at the very top of the BB holster that comes with the device, I have noticed that there are some fine scratches where the stitching came in contact with the top facing on the device, well above the screen... guess there's just nothing you can do about it.
    08-30-10 01:34 PM
    applying a screen protector will likely cover the scratches making them unnoticeable.
    08-30-10 08:01 PM
    Screen proctector!

I use an epik resin with my holster, so the little sides on the epik elevate it so that the screen doesn't come in complete contact with the case. Then again, I use a screen protector.
    08-30-10 08:34 PM
    I use a spe holster, there's no scratches. I got it from the Crackberry store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 08:44 PM
    yea it sucks doesnt it. Happened to me too when i thought the stock holster wouldnt cause problems. But when i checked under a direct sunlight i started noticing all these fine scratches especially the area that comes in contact with the holster.

I noticed the problem with these holster is that when youre in a cool area and the holster is cold it becomes hard and youd have to squeeze the phone inside, thats when you have to be careful as it can also wear out the paint, bezel and scratch the screen. But when its warm it slips in easily.(btw i know it sounds wrong but you get my point lol)

So finally i stopped using the damn cond..i mean Holster and got a screen protector and just decided to go with a skin..like literally...

btw no amount of solution is going to hide those scratches..ive tried and it only makes it more visible especially the ones that are meant for disks..they simply get into the scratch and solidify but because theyre not completely transparent they make it more visible. Your best bet would be to put a screen protector as it can easily hide away any scratch.
    Last edited by bushako; 08-31-10 at 08:07 AM.
    08-31-10 08:01 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm much happier today. I put a screen protector on and you're right, the really fine scratch doesn't show up. Furthermore, I got an Otterbox case and the top part covers the other really fine scratch on the black part by the Blackberry logo.

Thanks for all your replies

Wendy
    08-31-10 09:08 AM
    $70 will fix it

That sucks; all the corporate store will do is let me return the holster but they won't do anything to help me repair the damage.

Way to retain customers Sprint.
    08-31-10 09:20 AM
    baspeed,

You mean through Sprint or an independent repair center? They didn't even offer me the option to turn it in for repair; I even told them I'd be willing to pay to do so. But I do know this is just one store; not all are like that.
    08-31-10 09:32 AM
    The stock old cases for the pearl really scratched and borrowed a flippin hole in my screen. I got a new bb and used clear tape, double layered, now it never scratched. There wasn't anything inside the case that was stuck on it.

Now I have a bold, and it's stock case doesn't scratch the screen at all. Good thing it doesn't.

08-31-10 06:16 PM
    YES! This happened to me today and i'm just angry about it!! Right now I have toothpaste sitting on it ( I know, I REALLY didn't want to do it.. ) and I have a screen protector cut and ready to be put on there.. Mine was a leather flip case, scratched when it was in my pocket.. ( the inside is microfiber though!!! ) The scratch isn't huge and I could live with it if I had to, but I don't.
    09-01-10 06:12 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm much happier today. I put a screen protector on and you're right, the really fine scratch doesn't show up. Furthermore, I got an Otterbox case and the top part covers the other really fine scratch on the black part by the Blackberry logo.

Thanks for all your replies

Wendy
    I just put the Otterbox case on my Bold also and it wii remain there.

09-01-10 07:34 PM
    I found that the stock holster that came with my BB is so tight that it actually makes my screen protector pop from the side of the screen, so it must distort the phone.

Not sure whether it will soften up in time or should I just chance not using a case whilst its in my pocket? Suit trousers are fine, its just jeans pockets that I worry about
    09-03-10 02:41 AM
    What I recommend, to loosen up the holster if it's TOO tight without a case, is to stick a deck of 52 cards inside it. It's as thick as two bold's and it will prevent it from scratching in the future. Try putting a layer of fabric, a thin one, inside it.

The deck of cards worked for me. (It was all old metropasses lol)

Last edited by Rootbrian; 09-03-10 at 02:50 AM.
    09-03-10 02:48 AM
    What I recommend, to loosen up the holster if it's TOO tight without a case, is to stick a deck of 52 cards inside it. It's as thick as two bold's and it will prevent it from scratching in the future. Try putting a layer of fabric, a thin one, inside it.

The deck of cards worked for me. (It was all old metropasses lol)

Great idea, thanks
    09-03-10 02:49 AM
    I just looked at my friend's holster which is the same model that scratched my screen. Hers seems to be looser and she's never had a scratch so the trick of loosening/stretching them is worth a try.
    09-03-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD