This is NOT a RANT, just a question.

I have the Storm. I had the Curve and had no real issues but I upgraded and gave my Curve to a friend.

After using the Storm for a couple of months now, I just prefer the Curve. I prefer the Curve keyboard and overall speed. Maybe it didn't have ALL the bells and whistles of the Storm but it seemed to be more reliable (just MY experience).

I'm not someone that understands upgrading the OS and adding on tons of features and apps - or troubleshooting. I just want a phone that works seamlessly as it is.

That said, I'm hesitant to step 'backwards' from a technological perspective.

I'd like to know if people have actually switched back to the Curve.

I've been reading through some posts which seem so 'flaming'. I'm just looking for advice and experience.

I'm having a hard time dealing with all the little Storm bugs and I don't like the idea of so many unofficial patches. Also, I'm thinking that by the time the "official" patches are released it would just be in a whole other phone anyhow.

I'm going in for my 3rd hardware change out tomorrow and I'm honestly considering turning it in and going back to the Curve.

Is that so bad?

I'm not looking to be convinced either way (which is why I'm saying this isn't a rant) - just looking for experience and opinions.....

Thanks.
    05-25-09 10:12 PM
    I have a friend who went back to his curve, it wasnt because he didnt like it he just perfered his curve.
    05-25-09 10:14 PM
    I didn't like my Storm, and I heard rumors of the Tour. I returned my Storm and bought a used Curve on eBay. I'm going to be getting the Tour when it comes out. Best decision I've ever made.
    05-25-09 10:25 PM
    I believe plenty have gone back, its a major adjustment going from the curve to the storm and touch screens arent for everyone.
    05-25-09 10:33 PM
    Ok I had to come back to update. I decided to stay with the Storm. I got a replacement, came home, and before I did anything, I updated the OS to .148. Thankfully that went off without a hitch THANKS to the great stickied tutorial!!!

Oh my GOSH - I have a whole other phone - I LOVE this phone. It is running amazing. I've been using it now for just over 24 hours but I'm so happy with it - and that was completely unexpected.

So if anyone else is considering reverting back, try this.

As much as I didn't want to put anything unofficial on my phone, I figured that since I had insurance, no harm done (cough cough).

Thanks again.
    05-27-09 11:47 AM
    Ok here's the deal....

I have had every blackberry released within the last 5 years I believe (except the newest QWERTY models)

I also have had every touch screen phone released on the market. I absolutely loved my iPhone. I loved my Touch Diamond. And I purchased the storm with the mindset that my BB phones had always been my favorite and most reliable phones. I was very very wrong. I did not like the storm at all. I used it for about 3 weeks and exchange it for another curve. Best decision I ever made. I will however be purchasing the Tour when it comes out...but until then the Curve is the way to go.
    05-27-09 12:41 PM
    Back to my trusty Curve, did not get on with the storm at all
    05-27-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD