I searched before i posted and all i can find is a whole lot of mine of " mine works" which doesnt help anyone who's does not.
    01-29-10 09:35 AM
    To my knowledge, there are no known issues with .419 and GPS. For me it's actually better then it was under .328.
    01-29-10 10:28 AM
    "mine works" is as descriptive as your question of "has anyone fixed gps?"
    01-29-10 10:47 AM
    what needs to be "fixed"
    01-29-10 10:49 AM
    Since you are not describing what issue you have its hard to propose a solution.
    Google maps centers my position within seconds so I know it works fine on .419.
    Try uninstalling any other apps that could be using your gps. If that and a fresh OS install don't work, you might have a hardware problem.

Good luck.
    01-29-10 10:52 AM
    I too am confused what you are looking for. On .419 I have no issues what so ever with Poynt, Blackberry Maps, or Google Maps. I had to reinstall Poynt after upgrading to get it to work properly but that is all.
    01-29-10 10:53 AM
    Sorry since I have read about other having this issue i thought it was a known problem.
    So far, after making sure my GPS settings are correct (Location ON) Google maps 3.2.1 as well as Poynt both can get closer the a 5000m radius on my location and thats using cell brodcast towers. I get waiting on gps, then after hours it just says gps unavailable. didnt have this issue till i got .419
    Last edited by genious; 01-31-10 at 02:47 PM.
    01-29-10 11:22 PM
    This is what i came up with....My storm was bluetooth paired to another phone, I paired this phone months ago while on vacation to send a picture. In my gps menu under gps data source the name of said phone was listed under device gps. once I deleted that paired phone from my bluetooth paired device list, google maps got a gps fix for me within 7m. I cant test this as I don't have the other phone to re-pair and test, but no amount of batt pulls or messing with the gps settings in any combination of setting worked. Once the paired phone was deleted it works better then I have ever seen it work. If anyone cares to know the paired phone was a bb curve 2
    Last edited by genious; 01-29-10 at 11:43 PM.
    01-29-10 11:39 PM
    Genious: I'm having the same problem with my Tour, and I, too, have an old paired device that shows up under my GPS device list.

I know I should know how to do this, but how do I remove that device from my list of paired devices?

Thanks!!
    01-31-10 11:18 AM
    For a couple days a few weeks ago my Storm was telling me I was traveling 298mph around Guadeloupe.

Several battery pulls didn't fix it... but a few days later it was working fine again...
    Running .419
    01-31-10 11:21 AM
    Never mind--I found it.

And what do you know?? It worked!

Just thinking ahead... will pairing with other Bluetooth devices in the future mess with my GPS again? I hope not!

Thanks so much for figuring this out!
    01-31-10 11:32 AM
    Never mind--I found it.

And what do you know?? It worked!

Just thinking ahead... will pairing with other Bluetooth devices in the future mess with my GPS again? I hope not!

Thanks so much for figuring this out!
    I don't know if this will be the case with every paired device as i havent tried to pair anything since i figured this out.
    01-31-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD