I've watched App Central a few times on CTV and I have never, ever seen them even mention a BlackBerry app. I get that there's an app gap and all, but the way App Central seems to show content is as though there aren't apps on BlackBerry or PlayBook. Period.

Am I wrong in this? I don't tune in weekly, but in the half dozen or so times I've watched, I've never even seen an app for a RIM product mentioned. There are millions of Canadians who use BlackBerrys and PlayBook has a heavier user-base here than in other countries. Last night, I was at dinner and 5 people at the table of 14 owned one and two others just bought them as Christmas gifts.

Amazing that CTV completely shuts RIM out.
    12-17-12 05:53 PM
    What are you talking about, do some simple research for jesus sakes.

Michael Bancroft who is the producer of App Central had a tweet up at his account Dec 11 in regards to how impressed he was with the BB10 all touch keyboard. Should I link that for ya, or do you think you can find it ok?

FYI, as far as know App Central is done taping shows for 2012, I'm sure BB10 will be in a show soon for 2013 .

@MBancroft80
    12-17-12 06:56 PM

Michael Bancroft who is the producer of App Central had a tweet up at his account Dec 11 in regards to how impressed he was with the BB10 all touch keyboard. Should I link that for ya, or do you think you can find it ok?

FYI, as far as know App Central is done taping shows for 2012, I'm sure BB10 will be in a show soon for 2013 .

@MBancroft80

What do the producer's tweets have to do with what the op has or hasn't seen on the show?
    12-17-12 07:16 PM
    Yeah ive seen a few, but its been a while. Will change with BB10.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    12-17-12 07:44 PM
    Read the last sentence of the OP's blurb, then contrast that with the producers POSITIVE tweet just a few days ago in regards to BB10. Take your pick, my money's on the App Central PRODUCER positive tweet towards BB10.
    What do the producer's tweets have to do with what the op has or hasn't seen on the show?
    12-17-12 08:07 PM
    Read the last sentence of the OP's blurb, then contrast that with the producers POSITIVE tweet just a few days ago in regards to BB10. Take your pick, my money's on the App Central PRODUCER positive tweet towards BB10.
    My post was about App Central and whether or not it featured BlackBerry apps because none of the episodes I've seen have ever had a single one. Not sure how to make it any clearer.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 12-17-12 at 09:15 PM.
    12-17-12 08:54 PM
    The short answer is they seldom feature apps exclusive to BlackBerry. And on the main page of the host's personal App Central blog his FAQ is "Q: What smartphone should I buy? Is there one that�s better than all the rest? A: For me the answer is simple: iPhone." (Which he later qualifies.) My perception of whether or not BlackBerry is being shut out would be based on the show and on the host's blog. Who follows a producer's twitter account anyways?

App Central
    Michael Hainsworth's HAINSWORTH.COM | App Central
    12-17-12 09:15 PM
    The "host" does not "produce" the show, the "producer" does. The "producer" is impressed with the BB10 keyboard and says so via his twitter account. The 2012 taping season is done as far as I know, watch for 2013 show/s featuring BB10. Can I make that any "clearer" to you.

Instant gratification is nice but better to follow behind the scenes to get a jist of what is to come, it's predictive trending, not hard to follow, although there are software versions that will tell you the same. Think outside the box,forget about past real or perceived injustices towards RIM, BB10 is moving forward without baggage.

Coming along for the ride or ya going to keep sulking about the past.

Good choice, get on board.
    12-19-12 01:10 PM

@MBancroft80
    Perhaps tone down the insults and sarcasm some? It was a simple question if anyone had seen it on the show. A tweet from the producer about the BB10 keyboard does not, in fact, qualify as being shown. Jakethecat answered the OP's question, all you did was shovel your own brand of sarcasm and uselessness into the thread.
    12-19-12 01:14 PM
    It started as a question and at the end of the OP post the OP qualified his question with an answer, which by the way was disputed by another poster,lol.

So ask yourself, was it a question,hardly.

Nobody said a tweet from the producer of the show qualifies as being shown, it sure does give an indication of the good perception the producer of the show has towards BB10, would you not agree?

Jakethecat didn't answer the question, it was in fact "playbookster" who answered the question, jakethecat followed after.

Shovel my own brand of sarcasm,lol,FU and your uselessness (sp) reply,lol.

How do you like me now?

Perhaps tone down the insults and sarcasm some? It was a simple question if anyone had seen it on the show. A tweet from the producer about the BB10 keyboard does not, in fact, qualify as being shown. Jakethecat answered the OP's question, all you did was shovel your own brand of sarcasm and uselessness into the thread.
    12-19-12 01:27 PM
    It started as a question and at the end of the OP post the OP qualified his question with an answer, which by the way was disputed by another poster,lol.

So ask yourself, was it a question,hardly.

Nobody said a tweet from the producer of the show qualifies as being shown, it sure does give an indication of the good perception the producer of the show has towards BB10, would you not agree?

Jakethecat didn't answer the question, it was in fact "playbookster" who answered the question, jakethecat followed after.

Shovel my own brand of sarcasm,lol,FU and your uselessness (sp) reply,lol.

How do you like me now?
    You are correct in this point, I missed playbookster's post. My apologies to him/her on that.
    12-19-12 01:29 PM
    The OP and myself have taken this conversation to private message and have reach a conclusion that works for both our individual viewpoints.

12-19-12 02:38 PM