Am I the only one that noticed "The Newsroom" is set in 2010? That is why Blackberry is so prominently displayed. They were going for historical accuracy.
    No, not really. It's still applicable now depending on which company is involved.

There's a bit of a generation gap in most media houses where smartphone tech is concerned. The more experienced newsies tend to hold on to BB for the keyboard; it simply cannot be replaced when it comes to typing out work/stories on the fly, especially when you're in transit like a lot of people in the industry usually are. The (mostly) younger end of the business, website/blog folks, usually define themselves as such purposefully by going with other brands because it's how they stay plugged in to the social aspect of their work.

The ratios work out differently for the various companies, but CNN in the US for example is easily 80+% BB.
    07-17-12 02:56 PM
    Related to this is that Olivia Munn is in the show. She has always been my dream girl and If you don�t know who she is, sorry. Actress, always on Maxim hot 100, yet still geeks it out. I think she has always been a big BlackBerry supporter too. I always thought she should be the �BlackBerry girl�. Would definitely put the t-mobile girl to shame. Would be awesome to have her come in a do some commercials for the BB10 launch. How can we make this happen?
    07-17-12 06:16 PM
    Related to this is that Olivia Munn is in the show. She has always been my dream girl and If you don�t know who she is, sorry. Actress, always on Maxim hot 100, yet still geeks it out. I think she has always been a big BlackBerry supporter too. I always thought she should be the �BlackBerry girl�. Would definitely put the t-mobile girl to shame. Would be awesome to have her come in a do some commercials for the BB10 launch. How can we make this happen?

Start a twitter campaign

https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/ that is her twitter

she does use a BlackBerry for most of her tweets, and she is a stunning woman.
    07-17-12 06:29 PM
    Really is a good show. I have liked most all of Sorkins work as he is brilliant. I hope HBO gives the show time to grow and become everything that it has potential to become.

Oh and deRusett, suits is spectacular so far this year i would say!
    07-17-12 06:42 PM
    Really is a good show. I have liked most all of Sorkins work as he is brilliant. I hope HBO gives the show time to grow and become everything that it has potential to become.

Oh and deRusett, suits is spectacular so far this year i would say!
    Suits most certainly is!!

Also a show with BlackBerry's in it haha!
    I really hope to see Suits get into 4 or 5 seasons
    reidban likes this.
    07-17-12 06:47 PM
    i can see USA doing that. They run most of their shows for several years
    07-17-12 06:50 PM
    i can see USA doing that. They run most of their shows for several years
    depends on the writing direction of the show, they outted "Mike Ross" too soon IMO, he should have been outted at the end of season 2, there was a lot more drama that could have played out, and a lot more Mike/Rachel character development that twitter seemed to LOVE
    07-17-12 06:58 PM
    I have been a geek girl crush victim of Olivia Munn since her Attack of the Show days on G4TV. Love her.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-18-12 01:54 AM
    Am I the only one that noticed "The Newsroom" is set in 2010? That is why Blackberry is so prominently displayed. They were going for historical accuracy.
    Historical accuracy has a lot less to do with it than the directors preference for smartphone, computer os, etc. Nothing like showing your fanboi'ism by having your preferred toy used by your actors that or if script calls for smartphone lot cheaper for prop dept to get hands on blackberries than other touch devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-12 02:25 AM
    Historical accuracy has a lot less to do with it than the directors preference for smartphone, computer os, etc. Nothing like showing your fanboi'ism by having your preferred toy used by your actors that or if script calls for smartphone lot cheaper for prop dept to get hands on blackberries than other touch devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Considering two have already died tragically on screen (whipped into a camera and the other was stomped on until it was in pieces and then a cup of coffee thrown on it) cost effectiveness may have been an issue. Lol.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    07-18-12 11:18 AM
    great show...

it's been renewed for a 2nd season too.
    07-18-12 12:30 PM
    There seemed like there was a 9900 in every scene last night
    08-06-12 11:03 AM
    there was an iphone in 1 of the scenes last night. dev patel's girlfriend (or whoever she was) was using 1. it seems like all the professionals in the show use blackberries whereas the non-professional uses an iphone.
    08-06-12 11:23 AM
    I saw all the 9900s last night on The Newsroom, and it was cool. Kind of sloppy of them to try and have the episode be on a specific day (last night was May 1, 2011) and have a phone that wasn't even out yet though (9900/9930 was released in August of 2011). For "historical accuracy" they should have used the 9780, the 9650 or the 9800. Oh well. Happy to see any BlackBerry on a cool show.
    08-06-12 02:12 PM
    We love the show as well ... which could well be the kiss of death for it ... . It seems that we Baby Boomers are no longer the important demographic so many of the shows that appeal to Hubby and me, don't play as well to the younger set!

However I am very glad that it's been renewed for another season and I LOVE seeing all the BB exposure on it!
    08-06-12 03:54 PM
    I love it and I am 24! Its really well written and a really interesting thing to watch.

Then again my viewing habits are weird, I loved Harry's Law too.
    08-24-12 03:19 PM
    it's set in 2010 but we will come in 2012, BB will be replaced by iphone and android. isn't same thing happened in entourage, if you season 5 - 6 and season after that.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    08-25-12 01:00 AM
    Man, what a great show and yes I love the BlackBerry representation in it.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    08-25-12 06:14 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD