Having recently called an "hipster" for using a BlackBerry phone by an apple user made me ask myself this question. Also kind of funny being called an hipster from an apple user, now that apple products are the majority (at least in my university setting).

I think just being different was at least part of the reason for me choosing a BlackBerry. How about you?
    lazypapichulo21 and Mack Gans like this.
    05-17-14 02:29 PM
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 02:33 PM
    Secondly. It's a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    chgaida likes this.
    05-17-14 02:34 PM
    Me

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:28 PM
    Having recently called an "hipster" for using a BlackBerry phone by an apple user made me ask myself this question. Also kind of funny being called an hipster from an apple user, now that apple products are the majority (at least in my university setting).

I think just being different was at least part of the reason for me choosing a BlackBerry. How about you?
    You should ve been like... "I'm sorry but do you see me using an iphone." then you can talk about how you like your device on security grounds over an intrusive OS (apple) and an insecure one (android).

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    johnm137 likes this.
    05-17-14 04:44 PM

LOL the irony of an iPhone user calling someone else a hipster

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:57 PM
    I chose Blackberry cause it's the OS that comes closest to satisfying my requirements. To name a few; work emails formatted as if I'm sending from my PC when I reply to emails, intranet access for when I want to look up or assign tasks on our internal incident tracking system, and the ability to run the few android apps I use.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    cgallaer and vtpmt81 like this.
    05-17-14 05:02 PM
    Let me expand on my answer.

I was an Ios user for 3 years before my cheap playbook gamble and then bb10 gamble. Both have been NO RAGRETS!

While I'd like to say I choose an OS that does everything for me, truth is other os have selling points that appeal to me as well. Customization & apps on android, elegance and apps on ios. Elegance a bit stretching but let's say "posh".

But with BlackBerry the fact is its so different..it works just as well If not better and I do like the informative lessons I give people when they dismiss me based on my phone. It's a conversation starter for me

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    05-17-14 05:12 PM
    To be honest, I'm BlackBerry user because I want to be different. Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 05:15 PM
    that's funny. i thought apple was trying to appeal to the hispter crowd by being the "different" one.
    05-17-14 05:17 PM
    No, I didn't choose BlackBerry to be different.
    I chose BlackBerry because it is the best.

Posted via CB10
    marknick and Omahahaha like this.
    05-17-14 05:17 PM
    BlackBerry is the best by far!!!

Posted using my Z10
    05-17-14 05:22 PM
    I chose (came back to) BlackBerry because I just love it. It has a feel about it that I can relate to, if that makes sense. I realise that it's not perfect, but it feels right for me.

I could never see myself with an iPhone (nice hardware, boring OS). I spent 2 years with Android, which was like finding a beer that you think you like until you find the one you REALLY like & realise what you've been missing.

The fact that BlackBerry is not a popular brand is a bonus to me, and the idea of being the 'outsider' in that respect sits very comfortably with me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Baruugh; 05-17-14 at 06:00 PM.
    svivs, wyrdfool and Ealaionta like this.
    05-17-14 05:30 PM
    I chose BlackBerry because it fits my lifestyle. I don't need apps that wastes by phone's battery. I don't want my cellular data (for work and personal) compromised because of an OS glitch.

I chose BlackBerry because it helps me to become more productive. I can send emails, text, call, and be confident that no one can get into my device. Security. That's what I'm after and I don't really care what everyone else thinks after that.

Filipino. 23. Q10 user.
    Omahahaha and Anthony_2u like this.
    05-17-14 06:09 PM
    Yes and no. I choose it to enjoy something different. In the sea of iPhone and Android, I get bored...

So it's a nice change to be different and enjoy the experience of it.

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    svivs, Anthony_2u and JesseBabe23 like this.
    05-17-14 06:12 PM
    At first I chose it to be different as all my friends use iPhone's - but now I'm glad that I did as BlackBerry is far better than the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:17 PM
    I came off of android, didn't like the z10 in the beginning. But, once I got used to it I couldn't go back to android if I tried. Tried to use the wife's phone the other day, and had trouble with it, lol. It's just the ease of doing things quickly. The flicking is the best when writing emails or texting.

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    05-17-14 06:53 PM
    I came off of android, didn't like the z10 in the beginning. But, once I got used to it I couldn't go back to android if I tried. Tried to use the wife's phone the other day, and had trouble with it, lol. It's just the ease of doing things quickly. The flicking is the best when writing emails or texting.

Posted via CB10
    I bet you tried swiping at everything on the Android and stared at the home icons. I am a total ***** around our Android tablet now.

I chose BlackBerry because it has always served my active lifestyle well as a mom who stayed home, then worked and have two active children. Being different is an added plus because I have never been one who had the need to conform to fit in. When someone makes fun of my device, I usually shut them up with facts on why my BB10 device is better.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-17-14 08:00 PM
    I chose it because it was 99 cents best dollar I've ever spent! Now I'm on crack

Z10 leaked
    05-17-14 08:08 PM
    Same here plus it's smooth and the keyboard is sweet, love it only problem the Battery on my Z10 is a bit weak for my use I'm a power user so most time it die after a couple hours of use.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 08:14 PM
    First it was for the keyboards but now yeah it's for the exclusivity.
    I don't care of other people want one or not I do and that's all that matters.
    05-17-14 08:20 PM
    BlackBerry? .....A platonic love
    05-17-14 09:14 PM
    Actually no. I love mine because of how it works and because I like supporting a Canadian company.

Posted via CB10
    sanjayjp99 likes this.
    05-17-14 09:17 PM
    I have not yet bought a Blackberry...but I am waiting for the opportunity to do so and have mentioned it plenty of times to my kids who are 24, 21, 18 and 16 all of which have Iphones and who have labelled me as a Hipster because of this desire.
    I have owned two Androids (HTC and Samsung) and can't wait to move on to Blackberry after following everything closely myself for about a year and a half now. Just lately, after showing some articles on Blackberry to my twin brother who has been using an Iphone for quite a few years, he finally conceded that I may be able to get him to switch.
    Hipster?
    Yup.

And as for the previous comment by BoldPreza...absolutely believe it is important to support not just a Canadian company but an innovative institution.
    gebco likes this.
    05-17-14 09:17 PM
    The Z30 is just badass. In a confident kinda way.
    05-17-14 09:18 PM
101 123 ...