Battery gets to aboutt 50 percent, phone dies with the battery status bar saying half full..when I turn it back on phones completly dead.

If you know of any solutions or other posts please link me to them.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 03:31 PM
    Battery gets to aboutt 50 percent, phone dies with the battery status bar saying half full..when I turn it back on phones completly dead.

If you know of any solutions or other posts please link me to them.

Thanks!

Hi - there are a few threads with similar problems (just search "battery") what some suggest is backing up then wiping your device and reinstalling the OS (not something I'm comfortable with) the other is to keep charging your device each time it gets low and see what it's like after a week. I have done this and my battery is good now. If you've already done that and it still sucks, take the darn thing back. I would. Good luck
    09-30-11 08:19 PM
    this was a known issue on the earlier builds of 6.0 on the 9700. upgrade to the newest .666 and the issue should be resolved.
    09-30-11 10:58 PM
    Agree, update your Os. If that doesn't solve your problem then condition you battery. Do this by using it until completely dead, then charge until completely full. Do this about 2 or 3 times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 11:21 PM
    I think its got the latest up date on the DM.. Ill have a look soon thankyou

10-01-11 02:11 AM
    I think its got the latest up date on the DM.. Ill have a look soon thankyou

dont use DM to update your OS. it will only give you what your lastest official carriers OS is. just download the newest manually on the forum, .666, and load it up using apploader.
    10-01-11 03:27 AM
    Agree, update your Os. If that doesn't solve your problem then condition you battery. Do this by using it until completely dead, then charge until completely full. Do this about 2 or 3 times.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    im pretty sure conditioning isnt necessary on the newer lithium ion batteries. the problem he has sounds like a classic case of what i described.
    10-01-11 03:29 AM
    dont use DM to update your OS. it will only give you what your lastest official carriers OS is. just download the newest manually on the forum, .666, and load it up using apploader.
    When you say OS what exactly is and how do you get to it? I had a droid incredible and i bought the storm 9530 for the time being until I'm able to get back to my incredible but i don't understand it and i have no manuals to help me out. Well how do you upgrade the OS?
    Last edited by teamayala7; 10-01-11 at 09:37 PM.
    10-01-11 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD