After the earnings announcement this morning, can anyone really think BB10 is alive and well? With 600,000 units sold, and no idea if these are BBOS, BB10 or Android, no matter how you look at the numbers, it isn't good for hardware. While selling ~3.2M devices in 2016, and a consistent downward trend, breaking even is going to be a huge mountain to climb in fiscal 2017.

BB10 is dead, and the hardware business is soon to follow. But there is always stickers
    Bob Brown7 likes this.
    04-01-16 01:05 PM
    The whole thing was foreseeable a long time ago. Don't know why anyone is surprised.
    04-01-16 01:09 PM
    This no surprise . . . the PRIV is looking more like my last BlackBerry device. Not sure what BlackBerry can do to improve the device business.

The one thing I can say getting the Priv allowed me to get familiar with Android. There are things I like and things I don't. Overall for my needs maybe I should have gone with Windows?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-01-16 01:40 PM
    Now on life support? It's been on life support for years.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-01-16 02:33 PM
    But there is always stickers
    Meaning?

04-01-16 02:44 PM
    They know have a competitive phone. Problem is many people think they no longer make phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 03:08 PM
    They know have a competitive phone. Problem is many people think they no longer make phones.

Posted via CB10
    Competitive with what?

Being competitive involves a number of things, quality, price, features, price, brand recognition, price, marketing, price, 3rd party support (carriers, accessories manufactures...), price...

The PRIV is competing, but competitive just isn't in BlackBerry's vocabulary when it comes to hardware. The PRIV's price was questionable six months ago... now it's just sad.
    04-01-16 03:14 PM
    Been that way since Z10 was released .
    04-01-16 03:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you but the Priv's price is far from competitive. I would have bought one if it was better priced. I can't understand why BB didnt go for a midrange phone. A mediatek chipset=better price and call it a day. Sony does it all the time and so does alot of mobile manufacturers and they sell.

roleli likes this.
    04-01-16 03:32 PM
    Have my Z30. Was waiting for dust to settle. Now I'm looking at S7 or Note. Will not upgrade to the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    04-01-16 03:32 PM
    Have my Z30. Was waiting for dust to settle. Now I'm looking at S7 or Note. Will not upgrade to the PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 feels old?

04-01-16 03:43 PM
    Competitive with what?

Being competitive involves a number of things, quality, price, features, price, brand recognition, price, marketing, price, 3rd party support (carriers, accessories manufactures...), price...

The PRIV is competing, but competitive just isn't in BlackBerry's vocabulary when it comes to hardware. The PRIV's price was questionable six months ago... now it's just sad.
    I'm sorry, I meant the product itself, not the price. Specs are decent, finally on a viable ecosystem, etc. But you are right about the price.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:30 PM
    The results today where what I expected based off of the Priv pricing and the feedback I have gotten from the T Mobile stores here in the USA I have been to.

Everyone of them had the shiny new Priv mixed in with last years devices and not one dam sign to let anyone know the device exists?

The device at 719.00 is way overpriced based on what current devices are available, I know about the security software and the PKB, but when your trying to rebuild you tarnished brand image, it just don't cut it.

Surprised, not in the least, they would have had a far better chance with the Priv priced at 569.00 to get folks to come back to the brand.

But who am I, just a savvy consumer who bases my high dollar purchases on being value added and looking at the S7 price compared to the Priv, the majority are going to buy the S7, I am surprised those marketing folks up there in Waterloo haven't figured that out yet? Oh well.
    04-01-16 04:51 PM
    The results today where what I expected based off of the Priv pricing and the feedback I have gotten from the T Mobile stores here in the USA I have been to.

Everyone of them had the shiny new Priv mixed in with last years devices and not one dam sign to let anyone know the device exists?

The device at 719.00 is way overpriced based on what current devices are available, I know about the security software and the PKB, but when your trying to rebuild you tarnished brand image, it just don't cut it.

Surprised, not in the least, they would have had a far better chance with the Priv priced at 569.00 to get folks to come back to the brand.

But who am I, just a savvy consumer who bases my high dollar purchases on being value added and looking at the S7 price compared to the Priv, the majority are going to buy the S7, I am surprised those marketing folks up there in Waterloo haven't figured that out yet? Oh well.
    Do you still enjoy your Priv?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 05:39 PM
    At least you see the device. In the Caribbean, Jamaica to be exact, it is not available

The device at 699.00 is way overpriced based on what current devices are available, I know about the security software and the PKB, but when your trying to rebuild you tarnished brand image, it just don't cut it.
    Fully agree with you. I said it before the launch the price will determine the success..
    Last edited by roleli; 04-10-16 at 12:01 AM.
    04-01-16 05:45 PM
    I'll bet there are plenty of you, out there, that can make great tasting Girl Scout cookies that rival the ones that I paid $4 per box for. If you put the cookies side-by-side, I'll bet yours are great in comparison. But, are yours really competitive? Can you sell them on the sidewalk next to Girl Scout Cookies?

You can put Blackberry smartphones next to the competition and make favorable comparisons. But are they really competitive without the branding, marketing, and distribution?
    04-01-16 06:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-01-16 06:35 PM
    What's surprising... As soon as they jumped e shark to android... No one wants to buy any bb10 especially since there is no indication of what their plans are and frankly.. Consumers don't want blackberry androids.. They still lag on device specs.. Classic was to large.. Still no great full touch sleek phone.. And patchy android apps on bb10..

Rather then fix the os and app gap issue.. They jumped the shark with android and the hardware division is now dead..

So after waiting and waiting for gf to update her bold... We looked at a iphone6se... If only we could get a typo for it.. Or kijiji a cheap classic... No way in he l l would we buy a new bb device from them. I may get a 2nd q10 before they're hard to come buy,

Hugely disappointed what became of them under Chen.. I expected more.
    04-01-16 06:46 PM
    Do you still enjoy your Priv?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I do enjoy the Priv.
    04-01-16 07:32 PM
    I am enjoying the Priv but sadly here in UAE I am yet to see a person using the Priv . They have sold devices but the population of Priv is low resulting into poor visibility . Pricing has been the key differentiator IMO.
    04-02-16 12:59 AM
    I've seen one guy apart from me using Priv.

04-02-16 01:09 AM
    I'll bet there are plenty of you, out there, that can make great tasting Girl Scout cookies that rival the ones that I paid $4 per box for. If you put the cookies side-by-side, I'll bet yours are great in comparison. But, are yours really competitive? Can you sell them on the sidewalk next to Girl Scout Cookies?

You can put Blackberry smartphones next to the competition and make favorable comparisons. But are they really competitive without the branding, marketing, and distribution?
    They are if you like the original PKB flavour.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 01:50 AM
    I am enjoying the Priv but sadly here in UAE I am yet to see a person using the Priv . They have sold devices but the population of Priv is low resulting into poor visibility . Pricing has been the key differentiator IMO.
    As I keep saying they should lower it to 550-569 price range to make it attractive to folks looking at a V10 or S7. They may not make as much per device, but they will get the device into the hands of folks who might be willing to cross over to the brand.

But who am I, all the marketing experts up there in Waterloo with their fancy degrees seem to have a plan? Based on the latest sales figures, I sure like to know what the hell it is??????
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-02-16 05:16 AM
    Action-reaction:
    When you ditch, you get ditched!

Nothing like my SE.
    04-02-16 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree I can't see myself buying another Blackberry as they just don't seem to have the support anymore? And have lost my trust. I'll be keeping my Passport and Q10 for as long as I can then I'll look at the situation and decide.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 05:23 AM
68 123