BlackBerry can sell their hardware IPs to the highest bidder while offering licensing for their own brand of privacy hardened Android with option to remove the play store.

The only development investment I would like to see with this move is to create a BlackBerry Desktop Software only for the Android Hardened OS Phones.

This may open the market place for the opportunity of phones to be sold without an operating system or a choice of two or three, depending on of course also the open source community developments becoming mature.

It occurred to me with discussion with a friend, his point that the BYOD is what killed the BB inspired business phone. Why can't BB get ahead of the wave and see where things are going and become again the first to dominate!

Any chance?

Thoughts?
    02-06-20 03:56 PM
    Corporate entities already are using MSM solutions. That is precisely why BlackBerry is no longer needed for business mobile phone deployments.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-06-20 07:17 PM
    BlackBerry can sell their hardware IPs to the highest bidder while offering licensing for their own brand of privacy hardened Android with option to remove the play store.

The only development investment I would like to see with this move is to create a BlackBerry Desktop Software only for the Android Hardened OS Phones.

This may open the market place for the opportunity of phones to be sold without an operating system or a choice of two or three, depending on of course also the open source community developments becoming mature.

It occurred to me with discussion with a friend, his point that the BYOD is what killed the BB inspired business phone. Why can't BB get ahead of the wave and see where things are going and become again the first to dominate!

Any chance?

Thoughts?
    How many ways can we say that BlackBerry is done with devices? Finished. Over. The end. Full stop.

Get yourself a phone with an unlocked boatloader and install AOSP, or whatever you want.
    02-06-20 07:38 PM

Get yourself a phone with an unlocked boatloader and install AOSP, or whatever you want.
    Hmm... something like, say, the F(x) Tec Pro 1

Full keyboard (literally full) and unlocked bootloader, what more can one ask for
    givechanceachance likes this.
    02-06-20 07:42 PM
    Hmm... something like, say, the F(x) Tec Pro 1

Full keyboard (literally full) and unlocked bootloader, what more can one ask for
    I should have said reputable phone.
    02-06-20 07:44 PM
    I should have said reputable phone.
    Sounds like baseless criticism of that phone to me.

Have you ever held and tried a Pro 1?
    02-06-20 07:48 PM
    I have to admit that the opportunity to buy a phone without an OS and having a few more choices than Android or iOS are very interesting ideas. I don't see it happens anytime soon unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stylrix; 02-06-20 at 07:59 PM.
    02-06-20 07:49 PM
    Sounds like baseless criticism of that phone to me.

Have you ever held and tried a Pro 1?
    Reputable in terms of being able to trust the hardware implicetly - like Samsung, Pixel, etc.
    02-06-20 07:51 PM
    How many ways can we say that BlackBerry is done with devices? Finished. Over. The end. Full stop.
    So you're saying there is a chance we could see new BB phones? with QNX?! Cool!
    Thud Hardsmack and Mecca EL like this.
    02-06-20 07:52 PM
    So you're saying there is a chance we could see new BB phones? with QNX?! Cool!
    @DonHB has a plan.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-06-20 07:53 PM
    @DonHB has a plan.
    1. Microkernel
    2. IPC
    3. Web browser from Costco
    4. Automatic Buzzword generator app
    5. Profit!!!!
    02-06-20 07:58 PM
    Don't forget side-loading old banking apps downloaded from Chinese and Russian app stores!
    02-06-20 09:37 PM
    Reputable in terms of being able to trust the hardware implicetly - like Samsung, Pixel, etc.
    Wasn't there a news story a few days ago that Samsung phones are shipped with Chinese malware? I am not doubting you because I think they do make quality phones, but I haven't seen much about this lately.
    02-07-20 08:13 AM
    Wasn't there a news story a few days ago that Samsung phones are shipped with Chinese malware? I am not doubting you because I think they do make quality phones, but I haven't seen much about this lately.
    That was much ado about nothing.

"Samsung says the only data sent back to Qihoo is generic information needed to optimize storage — specifically naming OS version, phone model, and storage capacity."
    02-07-20 08:18 AM
    That was much ado about nothing.

"Samsung says the only data sent back to Qihoo is generic information needed to optimize storage — specifically naming OS version, phone model, and storage capacity."
    Thanks, good to know.
    02-07-20 08:24 AM
    Thanks, good to know.
    The big thing is at least there are researchers out there checking these "popular" devices....

Small niche products aren't getting tested in the same way... and have a much higher risk of using 3rd party drivers and apps as system solutions.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-20 08:29 AM
    The big thing is at least there are researchers out there checking these "popular" devices....

Small niche products aren't getting tested in the same way... and have a much higher risk of using 3rd party drivers and apps as system solutions.
    Um, like Titan lol?!
    02-07-20 08:30 AM
    1. Microkernel
    2. IPC
    3. Web browser from Costco
    4. Automatic Buzzword generator app
    5. Profit!!!!
    Don't forget side-loading old banking apps downloaded from Chinese and Russian app stores!
    Who’s providing the weekend garage space? This go around, a large finished out barn would be good to hold few more people
    02-07-20 01:49 PM
    Who’s providing the weekend garage space? This go around, a large finished out barn would be good to hold few more people
    I can provide the garage space. Do you want to go down to Costco and pick up some of the latest SoC’s? I have a coupon. I think they’re over near the meatballs.
    02-07-20 01:54 PM
    I can provide the garage space. Do you want to go down to Costco and pick up some of the latest SoC’s? I have a coupon. I think they’re over near the meatballs.
    If everyone kicks in their share within next 45 days or so, I’ll put on my rewards card but points stay with me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-07-20 02:25 PM
    City of Phila uses Knox
    02-07-20 02:41 PM
    Should be noted @pkcable failed to bring thread back on track and now further chaos will ensue....

Hardened BBAndroid or BB hardware is over though..... back on track
    givechanceachance and pkcable like this.
    02-07-20 05:12 PM
    Are there any documented breaches of non-hardened phones that would have been prevented by an existing hardened version ever since Blackberry has been hardening Android? How many developers can Blackberry be employing to do what Google can’t do with its own resources?
    02-07-20 07:15 PM
    Are there any documented breaches of non-hardened phones that would have been prevented by an existing hardened version ever since Blackberry has been hardening Android? How many developers can Blackberry be employing to do what Google can’t do with its own resources?
    Great question
    02-07-20 07:24 PM
    While you're getting SnapDragons, can you also pick up some Doritos? I mean, chips are chips, right?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-07-20 09:12 PM
39 12