While you're getting SnapDragons, can you also pick up some Doritos? I mean, chips are chips, right?
    64-bit cool ranch?
    02-07-20 09:54 PM
    Are there any documented breaches of non-hardened phones that would have been prevented by an existing hardened version ever since Blackberry has been hardening Android? How many developers can Blackberry be employing to do what Google can’t do with its own resources?
    You mean how many did BlackBerry employ when doing in the past since it’s been winding down.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 02-11-20 at 06:35 PM.
    02-07-20 10:22 PM
    64-bit cool ranch?
    32-bit Nacho Cheese. I'm old-school!
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-08-20 02:48 AM
    Are there any documented breaches of non-hardened phones that would have been prevented by an existing hardened version ever since Blackberry has been hardening Android? How many developers can Blackberry be employing to do what Google can’t do with its own resources?
    I am concerned we are living the pre-cursor to 1984 fictional account that was written as a warning, where deep government is just getting in its right position with all this data collecting, when an unsuspecting public bc (everything seems so 'normal') becomes subdued to the wrath of man. What that will look like? The roundups, draconian laws and a purge, aka Holocaust?

I wouldn't concern myself so much with the appearance, rather than what is allowed to go on behind those appearances. Everyone just follows along, ok because their privacy is ok to be compromised because, hey "I ain't doing noth'n wrong," right? Until it's too late.

Some basics from Snowden:

Last edited by givechanceachance; 02-08-20 at 07:44 AM. Reason: source (youtube)
    Stylrix likes this.
    02-08-20 07:40 AM
    I am concerned we are living the pre-cursor to 1984 fictional account that was written as a warning, where deep government is just getting in its right position with all this data collecting, when an unsuspecting public bc (everything seems so 'normal') becomes subdued to the wrath of man. What that will look like? The roundups, draconian laws and a purge, aka Holocaust?

If we get to 1984, it will be because people live in a conspiracy mindset, have given in to their base fear and paranoia, have lost the ability to distinguish between life and fiction and then listen unquestionably to the people who say they are here to save them.
    02-08-20 08:37 AM
    If we get to 1984, it will be because people live in a conspiracy mindset, have given in to their base fear and paranoia, have lost the ability to distinguish between life and fiction and then listen unquestionably to the people who say they are here to save them.
    Then what are we preparing to fight against with all this mass surveillance. If you believe and push the front story about who and how the towers went down, then this conversation will go nowhere. If we are fighting something much bigger, then I am willing to hear it out. Otherwise there is no clear reason to me to devise the mass collection of civilian data other than to plan a draconian take over of the people. If we are fighting against those that as you claim will offer a "solution" then please let there be light on that. I got some skills that maybe useful.
    02-08-20 09:28 AM
    Then what are we preparing to fight against with all this mass surveillance. If you believe and push the front story about who and how the towers went down, then this conversation will go nowhere. If we are fighting something much bigger, then I am willing to hear it out. Otherwise there is no clear reason to me to devise the mass collection of civilian data other than to plan a draconian take over of the people. If we are fighting against those that as you claim will offer a "solution" then please let there be light on that. I got some skills that maybe useful.
    If you believe this, then why are you even using a cell phone and posting on a public page that I believe uses Google Analytics?
    02-08-20 10:19 AM
    Not concerned for myself. Concerned for everyone as a whole.

Not everyone is in it just for themselves.
    02-08-20 10:22 AM
    Anyway, back on the topic...

There was a list published recently of suspicious apps published by subsidiary of TCL. I wonder how many of those were correctly detected and warned by DTEK?

I can’t test this myself (no Key), but I am curious.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    02-08-20 10:22 AM
    Should be noted @pkcable failed to bring thread back on track and now further chaos will ensue....

Hardened BBAndroid or BB hardware is over though..... back on track
    At least I did not post a silly picture or video!
    Stylrix and howarmat like this.
    02-10-20 08:58 AM
    Who’s providing the weekend garage space? This go around, a large finished out barn would be good to hold few more people
    The house we're trying to buy doesn't have a garage, unfortunately. Maybe I will start a kickstarter to have a coding garage added to the home?

I dont know why you think a barn is necessary. 2 guys in their spare time is all you need.
    02-10-20 12:33 PM
    I hope people realize that there is nobody at BlackBerry Limited even remotely interested in anything like this. They have a full plate of products and services that they are selling and supporting that offer higher profit margins and are focused on the $120 Billion cybersecurity market.

Last week, a friend of mine who works for the government showed me how BlackBerry's security suite works on his iPhone, allowing him to do mobile work he couldn't do on his phone previously with Knox.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    pkcable likes this.
    02-10-20 12:53 PM
    I hope people realize that there is nobody at BlackBerry Limited even remotely interested in anything like this. They have a full plate of products and services that they are selling and supporting that offer higher profit margins and are focused on the $120 Billion cybersecurity market.

Last week, a friend of mine who works for the government showed me how BlackBerry's security suite works on his iPhone, allowing him to do mobile work he couldn't do on his phone previously with Knox.

Are you saying BlackBerry is only focusing on iPhone or was this just his user case? (Hard to believe they would leave out the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer in Samsung)
    02-11-20 12:39 AM
    Are you saying BlackBerry is only focusing on iPhone or was this just his user case? (Hard to believe they would leave out the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer in Samsung)
    His use case. BlackBerry's solutions run on Android and iOS, and BlackBerry has a strong partnership with Samsung. My point is that BlackBerry, like Microsoft enjoys the benefits of not having a mobile phone to push because it can serve all enterprises.

In this case, his enterprise has standardized on iPhone.

pkcable and givechanceachance like this.
    02-11-20 06:31 AM
39 12