For the past couple of months, I've really been enjoying my BB Tour, despite the rare, and I mean rare glitches. When I transitioned from the Treo 755, I was able to migrate my data (contacts and calendar) to the BB w/o any problems, so I thought (more on this later). Anyway, I religiously back up my BB and any third party databases that require it, e.g. Ascendo DataVault and Finance. So, when the recent Sprint update came out, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade my phone. How hard could it be, right? Well, during the process, I received some type error (perhaps 529?) and I had to go through the process again in order to get the OS to load. Unfortunately, despite my numerous back ups, I was unable to recover my contacts and calendar. As soon as I lost the information, I immediately had some reason as to why. I remembered that when I would look in the BB Desktop Manager to see how many entries I had in the address book I would see a number "5". However, I would also see an entry of something like "rtydhjfugsg" and "300", which more accurately represents my contacts. My guess is that when I switched from the Treo to the BB, somehow the format was not right. So, pretty much all weekend, I was doing data entry into Google contacts and calendar, which worked perfectly. Good thing I still had my, Treo on standby. In summary, make sure your formats are correct and when you backup, check to see if your entries are accurate in BB Desktop Manager. FWIW, I had more trouble with loading the new OS on my PC than I did with my MAC (which is what I used for the lady of the house) Good luck out there and to all of the CB gurus, I tip my hat!!
    10-13-09 07:12 AM
    Good piece of information. It's scary to lose important information, and I'm sure those that are going to switch from a completely different device than a BB will appreciate the tip.
    10-13-09 11:27 AM
    Interesting tip, thanks for the info.
    10-13-09 03:31 PM
    Yeah, it stands to reason that the formats would need to be the same. I'm sure it's tough switching to the mac.
    10-13-09 07:50 PM
    why not just do the data migration from treo to blackberry again????
    10-13-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD