I'm 63 and don't remember what i did yesterday.

Maybe that's why I just don't get it!
    But, I'm still very cool!
    You are VERY cool Lostboy! Can is be your best friend??
    04-18-14 09:11 AM
    Doesn't matter how long you've been here. It's a BLACKBERRY FAN SITE! You clearly are not a BlackBerry fan, so your only purpose in coming here is to stir the pot. That, IMO, makes you a troll. That's why you get called out, not because you're critical of BlackBerry.
    You guys crack me up. All I ever hear is iphone and android sells itself, yet you guys are in here on every post trying to sell them to BlackBerry fans. What a joke!
    Yeah it is a joke that you have to put BlackBerry on a alter in order to post here according to you. But then again aren't you the same group of guys who claim CrackBerry the ultimate BlackBerry fan site is not praising BlackBerry enough? If the guys running the site are being critical of BlackBerry that tells me there is more wrong going on with BlackBerry themselves than right. Also the fact that someone made a thread about someone's Facebook status tells me there is very little to talk about here.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-18-14 09:31 AM
    That's because I find something everyone has not worthy of posting. When she got a car she didn't post about it, when I did I didn't post about it either. In fact I'm just almost curious why she pretty much didn't post anything actually noteworthy except when she got an iPhone. It would make sense to me if she actually was a nerd or something or knew what exactly the phone was capable of.

When my friend posts about his GN3, I don't mind because he's doing something that's not common . Nerd stuff.i just have an objection to posting about something that almost everyone has...
    Idk how you can appreciate a purchase you don't know how it works X,'D

Posted via CB10
    Apparently getting an iPhone was a special occasion to her. So you don't understand her reasons. That's cool, she may well feel the same about some of the things you post. Since you are her friend, it's a simple thing to just ask her.

I do hope she doesn't typically visit CB, though.
    04-18-14 09:31 AM
    Apparently getting an iPhone was a special occasion to her. So you don't understand her reasons. That's cool, she may well feel the same about some of the things you post. Since you are her friend, it's a simple thing to just ask her.

I do hope she doesn't typically visit CB, though.
    Idk what other reason there is to post something you don't know much about other than the fact that possibly her friends have one and been pressuring her to get one.

The last time I saw her she saw my bb10 and said she didn't need a smartphone because they are expensive to maintain (monthly payments).. something obviously changed that. Anyways I'm keeping my theory X,'D

Oh and nah she won't see this... she's nothing of a technology enthusiasts

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:35 AM
    This is my problem. They come here on a bb fan site and try to stir the pot.. somehow expecting BlackBerry fans to not favor bb

Posted via CB10
    No it is not that. We expect everyone here (because there is a lot of newer people on mobile nations that came in last year) to have cool rational discussions with more tech talk and less posting off of bias and emotion. When you post here on Mobile Nations we present both sides and have a logical discussion. That's how it was when I first signed up in August of 2012. The forums seemed such a nice casual place to go to have rational discussions. Even CrackBerry when I first started painting here seemed so rational. Nowadays though with some its support BlackBerry no matter what or GTFO. That's not how it's supposed to be. But then again I don't have authority here. But I have been here long enough to see things have definitely changed from what it used to be.

04-18-14 09:35 AM
    That's because I find something everyone has not worthy of posting. When she got a car she didn't post about it, when I did I didn't post about it either. In fact I'm just almost curious why she pretty much didn't post anything actually noteworthy except when she got an iPhone. It would make sense to me if she actually was a nerd or something or knew what exactly the phone was capable of.

When my friend posts about his GN3, I don't mind because he's doing something that's not common . Nerd stuff.i just have an objection to posting about something that almost everyone has...
    Idk how you can appreciate a purchase you don't know how it works X,'D

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I may not always like my friends' purchases, I might not have made the same choice, but because I care for them, I'm happy that they're excited about something they get. It's *their* happiness that I'm excited about, not how many people already have what they have. For example, my friend got a Rav-4 and I got a CRV. But we got got excited about the others' purchases.

So you're saying your excitement about your friend's purchases is dependent on the brand they purchase? So you care more about the brand than about the friend? All I care about is that my friend is happy.
    04-18-14 09:36 AM
    Idk what other reason there is to post something you don't know much about other than the fact that possibly her friends have one and been pressuring her to get one.

The last time I saw her she saw my bb10 and said she didn't need a smartphone because they are expensive to maintain (monthly payments).. something obviously changed that. Anyways I'm keeping my theory X,'D

Posted via CB10
    If she didn't have a smartphone before Android or iOS devices usually are someones first smartphone. She probably got it because her friends had and if she has questions about it her friends are there to help her before anyone else. I don't see the problem with that.

04-18-14 09:38 AM
    Interesting. I may not always like my friends' purchases, I might not have made the same choice, but because I care for them, I'm happy that they're excited about something they get. It's *their* happiness that I'm excited about, not how many people already have what they have. For example, my friend got a Rav-4 and I got a CRV. But we got got excited about the others' purchases.

So you're saying your excitement about your friend's purchases is dependent on the brand they purchase? So you care more about the brand than about the friend? All I care about is that my friend is happy.
    No my excitement depends on what they purchase.. I'm having a hard time getting excited for her iPhone or any phone whereas when she moved in by herself I was happy for her.. when she got an awesome car I was happy as well.. ironically she didn't post any of that on fb

Posted via CB10
    If she didn't have a smartphone before Android or iOS devices usually are someones first smartphone. She probably got it because her friends had and if she has questions about it her friends are there to help her before anyone else. I don't see the problem with that.

So we finally hit the point I was making? Well then this discussion just reached a climax. Thanks (:

Posted via CB10
    No it is not that. We expect everyone here (because there is a lot of newer people on mobile nations that came in last year) to have cool rational discussions with more tech talk and less posting off of bias and emotion. When you post here on Mobile Nations we present both sides and have a logical discussion. That's how it was when I first signed up in August of 2012. The forums seemed such a nice casual place to go to have rational discussions. Even CrackBerry when I first started painting here seemed so rational. Nowadays though with some its support BlackBerry no matter what or GTFO. That's not how it's supposed to be. But then again I don't have authority here. But I have been here long enough to see things have definitely changed from what it used to be.

It's a FAN site. If I go on a Justin beiber fan site, I don't expect the teenage girls there to put up rational discussion as to why that ***** is worthy of worshipping

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:40 AM
    No my excitement depends on what they purchase.. I'm having a hard time getting excited for her iPhone or any phone whereas when she moved in by herself I was happy for her.. when she got an awesome car I was happy as well.. ironically she didn't post any of that on fb

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because Facebook is one for he first things someone sets up on their new phone and she wanted to share it. If anything you said is true she is doing good. New place, car, and a new smartphone. I see nothing but positive stuff there.

04-18-14 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    I post when I get a Dooney and Burke bag to add to my collection. Nobody pressures me into getting one. I like the brand because the bags last forever and there are many accesories to mix and match. So I post about it. If you were my friend, and you objected to my posts, I would simply unfriend you. We'd meet for parties, etc but you wouldn't be on my friend list. Because I post what excites me and I won't change posting about what excites me because you object.

You might want to have that discussion with her, if her post about a phone is so offensive to you. That is probably more productive than to post about it here, where you say she won't come, to talk behind her back to complete strangers on an online community.
    TGR1 and reeneebob like this.
    04-18-14 09:43 AM
    It's a FAN site. If I go on a Justin beiber fan site, I don't expect the teenage girls there to put up rational discussion as to why that ***** is worthy of worshipping

Posted via CB10
    But that's the way Justin Bieber fans were from the start. CrackBerry wasn't filled with fanatic fans like it is now at the start. That's my point.

04-18-14 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ah.....well.....you object to her iPhone. Specifically. Well, then.....there are times when I post from my iPhone instead of my Q or my SGIII. At those times you will object to my post by the fact that I posted from the iPhone or SGIII instead of the Q regardless of what I say? Isn't that a bit close minded?
    Sergiu1337 and reeneebob like this.
    04-18-14 09:47 AM
    I think there is a bit of hypocrisy when we say that someone posting about their new iPhone on fb is bad, and yet we participate in countless "the official I got my new ________" threads on this site. Is the difference just because one is a fan site and one isn't?
    Well let me axe you -- would you go post that you got a new Z30 on iMore or AC? And if you would -- why? My own very useless opinion, the idea is to share the joy, but I don't see the joy in bringing my BB business over there or their business over here. Just makes people jumpy.

FB on the other hand is a whole nother story...
    04-18-14 09:48 AM
    Well let me axe you -- would you go post that you got a new Z30 on iMore or AC? And if you would -- why? My own very unless opinion, the idea is to share the joy, but I don't see the joy in bringing my BB business over there or their business over here. Just makes people jumpy.

Funny you should ask, my snuggly somnolent ursine. I posted on iMore when I got my Z that I had just got my Z. I posted here when I got my SGIII.

I post regardless of the forum, I post to the thread topic.
    04-18-14 09:53 AM
    Well let me axe you -- would you go post that you got a new Z30 on iMore or AC? And if you would -- why? My own very unless opinion, the idea is to share the joy, but I don't see the joy in bringing my BB business over there or their business over here. Just makes people jumpy.

I problably wouldn't, unless I was making a comparison post on the board for my previous device. Like if I got a Z30, used it for awhile, and went to the LG G2 board to do a comparison post. I think that would be ok, but I don't think I'd do it unless I had a compelling reason to.

The difference is that someone posted that they got a new iPhone on FB where pretty much anything goes. A BB fan took offense to this, and started a thread in "General BlackBerry Discussion" about how someone posted on FB that they got a new iPhone. I'm still trying to work my way around the rationale for this.

It just sounds like that person is excited about her new phone. I remember how excited I was when I got my first smartphone, too. When I got it, admittedly I didn't know all it could do, either. My friend Kat had the Sidekick 3 and one time she took it out at the bar when I told her about a website she could check out. She typed the website in her memo pad and I thought that was sooooooo cool. I was always forgetting things! I needed that phone! So I rushed out and got my own Sidekick 3, not knowing much else about what it could do (I knew it could do email and had always-on IM applications which I thought was awesome since I frequently used AIM and Yahoo Messenger back in those days, but that was about it). I remember sitting in a Taco Bell pouring through every feature of the Sidekick and getting more and more excited as I used it. Here I was, with no smartphone experience, getting excited about my new purchase. Imagine that!

Then a few months later I heard that the Sidekick LX was coming out and had a lot of improvements to the Sidekick 3. With that, my phone obsession was born.
    TGR1, Berry_Pink and sleepngbear like this.
    04-18-14 10:01 AM
    you are all arguing over an iPhone on a BB forum.......smdh
    04-18-14 10:02 AM
68 123