From most of what I've seen on Instagram and Facebook.... it doesn't take much to get people to want to announce it to the world. A new smartphone... I can see someone being pretty happy about that.

It's very insightful that they added the part about the sarcastic people.... OP your friend has you figured out.
    Nah I got her figured out. She upgraded from a keyboard phone X,'D

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:06 PM
    Lostboy,
    I am 60 and I remember yesterday but I guess that just gives me something else about getting older to NOT look forward to. Wait, what day is this?

By the way, proud BlackBerry user although most who notice or that I tell, think I am wasting time and money with it.

Posted via CB10
    Well, They say If you remember it, you weren't there!
    Truth is, my friend, I WAS there and remember it all!

I was part of the generation that dropped acid to escape reality.
    We're now taking antacid it cope with it!
    Go figured!
    rbwalton likes this.
    04-17-14 05:03 PM
    And you find that fun or entertaining?
    Absolutely. To clarify, we live quite a ways apart from each other and don't always get a chance to get together at the same time. Whoever happens to be visiting another mocks the one not there with food pics and taunting texts with the expectation that full retaliation will always occur. Proof that food is what we bond over.

And I like food pics. Interesting to see what people like to eat or cook, and a good photographer can do amazing stuff.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-17-14 05:19 PM
    Keep an eye out OP, next you'll get to see two or three pictures of the "really cool case" they got for it. I hope that person doesn't stick a "yolo" on the end of it too.
    04-17-14 05:27 PM
    Lol ok. The fact that you needed to even post that picture is ridiculous. People post pictures of their dinner, what they did at work, what they are wearing, etc. the fact that you have a problem with someone else getting excited over getting an iPhone shows such immaturity. He/She didn't send it directly to you to throw anything in your face. A purchase was simply made and she was happy with it so she wanted to share it. And again, if that same person would have put "guess who just got a Blackberry" people would be congratulating her and telling her how awesome that is in here, including you. Quit worrying about what phone other people have. If she got an iPhone and wants to shout it from the rooftops it's no business of yours and not worth the bandwidth you've taken up to post it in here.
    ....yezh....so an American, an English and a Chinese walk into a bar....who is the odd one? (yup my post is just as asinine in the scope of things,...)
    04-17-14 05:36 PM
    Absolutely. To clarify, we live quite a ways apart from each other and don't always get a chance to get together at the same time. Whoever happens to be visiting another mocks the one not there with food pics and taunting texts with the expectation that full retaliation will always occur. Proof that food is what we bond over.

And I like food pics. Interesting to see what people like to eat or cook, and a good photographer can do amazing stuff.
    Heh, I do this with my brother. We have similar tastes in food and I dine out more than he does. I take pics of things I think he'd enjoy. Also, he really likes sushi but his wife doesn't care for it so he doesn't get to have it much. I'll send him pics of well displayed sushi.
    04-17-14 06:19 PM
    Heh, I do this with my brother. We have similar tastes in food and I dine out more than he does. I take pics of things I think he'd enjoy. Also, he really likes sushi but his wife doesn't care for it so he doesn't get to have it much. I'll send him pics of well displayed sushi.
    Beautiful food is a joy for sure.

For me, even if I can't be there to share, I derive extreme vicarious pleasure from pics of my siblings enjoying king crab season. Then I fire off a whining text before I go to wipe off the drool
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-17-14 06:33 PM
    Actually seems like a big deal compared to the even more trivial stuff usually shared endlessly online.

Guess who just finished a Wild Cherry Pepsi? (Hint: It was ME!)
    spikesolie likes this.
    04-17-14 06:41 PM
    There's life purchases that should be announced, and then some not. New car, sure. Just got a house, definitely. New pet, probably. New phone? Ehh not so much.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. So true.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-17-14 07:15 PM
    I don't understand why donnation and A895 commenting/get into these type of threads.

You're on a BlackBerry forums what do you expect? Leave us BlackBerry users in our own world and go over to iForums or something. I don't know how much BlackBerry users are over at iMore but I see donnation and A895 in these type of threads a lot.
    Because they think it's their duty to keep us from making a "mistake" by buying a BlackBerry !smh.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:26 PM
    Well, They say If you remember it, you weren't there!
    Truth is, my friend, I WAS there and remember it all!

I was part of the generation that dropped acid to escape reality.
    We're now taking antacid it cope with it!
    Go figured!
    I was sort of on the periphery of it. UC Berkeley but after free speech movement and most of anti war stuff, but during People's Park. Almost in a few skirmishes related to that but trying to stay out of it.

But I remember.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-17-14 10:25 PM
    Lol ok. The fact that you needed to even post that picture is ridiculous. People post pictures of their dinner...

And a really pathetic trend, if you ask me.

This happened yesterday-ecard039_facebook-frivolity.jpg
    Thud Hardsmack and Nharzhool like this.
    04-18-14 02:07 AM
    I don't get it if she would have put "guess who got a BlackBerry" we'd all be congratulating him/her.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Well, to admit, at a market share of around 0.0% of BlackBerry in the US lately, that'd be at least somewhat postworthy. But "Yeah you 50% of the American population, I just bought the same phone as you, am I cool or what?"......not so much.
    spikesolie likes this.
    04-18-14 03:04 AM
    I don't really see the issue here. People show off all the time, Facebook obviously is just another way to do it. It's too bad she got an iPhone but it's not surprising given the public perception of Blackberry these days.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:36 AM
    I don't really see the issue here. People show off all the time, Facebook obviously is just another way to do it. It's too bad she got an iPhone but it's not surprising given the public perception of Blackberry these days.
    The problem is, as donnation pointed, that some users thinks it's something bad to show off your new non-BB acquisitions because it's a childish movement (to show off things). On the opposite, if you show off your new Blackberry they will congratulate you, and maybe share your show off with others.

I see hypocrisy here.
    04-18-14 04:45 AM
    The problem is, as donnation pointed [...]

I see hypocrisy here.

Whereas I see 2 people who are consistently critical of the company, it's products and users, and who appear to seek out excuses to claim that they have more reason to keep criticizing.

Tomato, Tomahto.

Yes, this is a BlackBerry fan site.

Yes, people here tend to be happy when they meet and encounter other fans, and they like to see that those other friends and fans are continuing to be fans and sharing their mutual enthusiasm on this fan site.

No reason to make any excuses whatsoever for that.
    04-18-14 05:00 AM
    I just cannot stand to false claims, blind worship of a brand or product. that's all.

Edit: since you've edited your message while I was writing..
    Yes, people here tend to be happy when they meet and encounter other fans, and they like to see that those other friends and fans are continuing to be fans and sharing their mutual enthusiasm on this fan site.
    You are missing the point.
    When someone is sharing his new BB acquisition = okay, no problem, it's normal
    When someone is sharing something else = immature/childish movement

Here's the problem actually.
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 04-18-14 at 05:14 AM.
    04-18-14 05:03 AM
    Well, I share with my friends when I get a new phone, regardless of which phone.

I also share when I get new shoes, a new Dooney and Burke bag, a new set of cookware, a great lingerie sale, a fight at work, a fight with my man, something wonderful that my man did, something funny that my dog did, a million pictures of my new car, beautiful clouds, political rants, animal abuse alerts for action, jokes from the internet, funny YouTube videos....
    They share with me when they get new shoes, a new Dooney and Burke bag, a new set of cookware, a great lingerie sale, a fight at work, a fight with my man, something wonderful that their man did, something funny that their dog did, a million pictures of their new car, beautiful clouds, political rants, animal abuse alerts for action, jokes from the internet, funny YouTube videos....

Friends do that......if they're true friends.
    04-18-14 06:12 AM
    I think there is a bit of hypocrisy when we say that someone posting about their new iPhone on fb is bad, and yet we participate in countless "the official I got my new ________" threads on this site. Is the difference just because one is a fan site and one isn't?
    04-18-14 08:23 AM
    Obviously donation and others are missing it. This is a BlackBerry fan site so if I do come here I don't really expect to see people post pictures of dinner now do I?

Anyways back to this... why did I post it!? if she had talked about a BlackBerry, I'd still have made this thread with a different mindset...a similar mindset that is..

As someone as pointed out before, here in the states, way way too many have iphones. It's not exclusive and frankly it isn't what it used to be in 2009. In 2009 if you whipped out your iPhone at a dinner table you were cool.

Obviously she just upgraded from a flip keyboard phone so it isn't about being proud of your purchase per se, the post was about feeling in the group. And me knowing this chick, she knows absolutely 0 about phones and computers. That's something I can absolutely say with a straight face. I wouldn't have been OK with it if it was a BlackBerry either, and as someone else has said some purchases you just don't announce.

But hey you ios warriors working overtime glad to have you here!! It wouldn't be a cb post without you telling me why I made and didn't make a thread

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:34 AM
    I don't understand why donnation and A895 commenting/get into these type of threads.

You're on a BlackBerry forums what do you expect? Leave us BlackBerry users in our own world and go over to iForums or something. I don't know how much BlackBerry users are over at iMore but I see donnation and A895 in these type of threads a lot.
    First I don`t use iMore, I am a frequent contributor on CrackBerry, WPCentral, Android Central since 2012 and that`s just when I made an account I have been lurking here since 2011, I have been here longer than you have. Second, this is MOBILE NATIONS I can go to any forums in Mobile Nations. I don`t need your approval to post and if you don`t like what I say, go to another thread with me not in it. Third, I see people always like to use personal attacks against me just because I am outspoken, if you really paid attention, you would know I considered a Z10, Q10, and Z30 for awhile, but in the end they did not fit my needs. It seems anyone who is critical on this site against BlackBerry anymore on these forums always has to get called out. This is not how forums should work.
    04-18-14 08:46 AM
    Obviously donation and others are missing it. This is a BlackBerry fan site so if I do come here I don't really expect to see people post pictures of dinner now do I?

Anyways back to this... why did I post it!? if she had talked about a BlackBerry, I'd still have made this thread with a different mindset...a similar mindset that is..

As someone as pointed out before, here in the states, way way too many have iphones. It's not exclusive and frankly it isn't what it used to be in 2009. In 2009 if you whipped out your iPhone at a dinner table you were cool.

Obviously she just upgraded from a flip keyboard phone so it isn't about being proud of your purchase per se, the post was about feeling in the group. And me knowing this chick, she knows absolutely 0 about phones and computers. That's something I can absolutely say with a straight face. I wouldn't have been OK with it if it was a BlackBerry either, and as someone else has said some purchases you just don't announce.

But hey you ios warriors working overtime glad to have you here!! It wouldn't be a cb post without you telling me why I made and didn't make a thread

Posted via CB10
    Definitely. Anything that comes from an adult store or other such highly personal products, probably not.

A phone? Sure!!! What's wrong with posting to friends that you got a new phone? What societal norm has that broken? I simply don't understand the objection. When I got my Q I posted about it incessantly, here and to friends on social sites, my CB friends got to hear about it ad naseum in the BBM group. When I got my iPhone 5S, you bet I did too. When I got my SGIII I posted here, and one person objected. Why????? Why not be excited and happy about a purchase of something I'll be using for what....a year? why not?
    Berry_Pink and --TommesJay-- like this.
    04-18-14 08:54 AM
    First I don`t use iMore, I am a frequent contributor on CrackBerry, WPCentral, Android Central since 2012 and that`s just when I made an account I have been lurking here since 2011, I have been here longer than you have. Second, this is MOBILE NATIONS I can go to any forums in Mobile Nations. I don`t need your approval to post and if you don`t like what I say, go to another thread with me not in it. Third, I see people always like to use personal attacks against me just because I am outspoken, if you really paid attention, you would know I considered a Z10, Q10, and Z30 for awhile, but in the end they did not fit my needs. It seems anyone who is critical on this site against BlackBerry anymore on these forums always has to get called out. This is not how forums should work.
    Report attacks. They are not allowed. The little triangle is your friend.
    04-18-14 08:58 AM
    Definitely. Anything that comes from an adult store or other such highly personal products, probably not.

A phone? Sure!!! What's wrong with posting to friends that you got a new phone? What societal norm has that broken? I simply don't understand the objection. When I got my Q I posted about it incessantly, here and to friends on social sites, my CB friends got to hear about it ad naseum in the BBM group. When I got my iPhone 5S, you bet I did too. When I got my SGIII I posted here, and one person objected. Why????? Why not be excited and happy about a purchase of something I'll be using for what....a year? why not?
    That's because I find something everyone has not worthy of posting. When she got a car she didn't post about it, when I did I didn't post about it either. In fact I'm just almost curious why she pretty much didn't post anything actually noteworthy except when she got an iPhone. It would make sense to me if she actually was a nerd or something or knew what exactly the phone was capable of.

When my friend posts about his GN3, I don't mind because he's doing something that's not common . Nerd stuff.i just have an objection to posting about something that almost everyone has...
    Idk how you can appreciate a purchase you don't know how it works X,'D

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:06 AM
    Well from taking to you, it's like you expect people on a blackberry to talk about other platforms except for BlackBerry. That's just not me. I do believe if you don't want to hear anything bad about your platform of choice you shouldn't be here but that's just my believe. It's why I'm not on android central. I do like wp8 so no worries lol

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:09 AM
68 123