Jonathan Geller from BGR was on CNBC today talking about the open letter and RIM's response (see here: ) and if you watch the video he says 2 more letters will be published tomorrow.

Not much else to say really.
    06-30-11 10:08 PM
    Are you serious. What is this.
    Since when did it turn into a "letter scandal"?
    Oh BGR, you amuse me too much.

Someone needs to fix this mess.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-30-11 10:09 PM
    Wow, this is starting to seem like a BGR witch hunt...

Has BGR turned into the National Enquirer of Tech news? :s

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 10:29 PM
    hmm, one blog getting one letter is plausable
    two different blogs getting two different letters is still kinda plausable
    one blog getting 3 letters in one day isn't.

I've held back from saying it so far today, but if you read the `letter` and ask yourself `is that how a high up exec speak` in terms of how he/she describes apps, the noest answer is no. it doesnt read with any conviction but far more like a journalist piece. im sorry but i was skeptical but able to remain open minded over one letter, 3 letters to one site in one day? yea, sorry but i wasnt born yesterday,
    06-30-11 10:56 PM
    Things are getting intense
    06-30-11 11:09 PM
    Had many misspelled words and errors also.

06-30-11 11:10 PM
    folks you're only fooling yourself if you think the letter isn't real, even if it isn't, talk to some people that work at RIM. everything mentioned is 100% true. time to face reality, and their response has only made the situation worse, did you see the CNBC video? they don't seem to think RIM is recoverable.
    06-30-11 11:17 PM
    #lettergate, lol.
    06-30-11 11:21 PM
    hmm, one blog getting one letter is plausable
    two different blogs getting two different letters is still kinda plausable
    one blog getting 3 letters in one day isnt.

iv held back from saying it so far today, but if you read the `letter` and ask yourself `is that how a high up exec speak` in terms of how he/she describes apps, the noest answer is no. it doesnt read with any conviction but far more like a journalist piece. im sorry but i was skeptical but able to remain open minded over one letter, 3 letters to one site in one day? yea, sorry but i wasnt born yesterday,
    Maybe Geller is working on his writing style and the next two letters will be better
    06-30-11 11:26 PM
    Does anyone need further convincing that BGR is Troll Central, run by professional trolls? Or did you miss this wide cast of the drift net in part of the original letter post: "P.S. If you’re an employee of RIM and want to send us your thoughts and feelings on the company, you can send them to us via email or leave a comment below."

Not to worry, Boy Pulitzer Report will vouch for the new letters' authenticity and that they were written and published in the utmost good faith. And they are also teasing a post on their splash page fetchingly titled, "Can RIM Survive?" Beautiful. Not only does it keep the chum-bucket churning, it sets Boy Drudge Report as a kind of Tech Shiva, in whose hands the fates of all tech companies lie (with notable exceptions).
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:31 PM
    folks you're only fooling yourself if you think the letter isn't real, even if it isn't, talk to some people that work at RIM. everything mentioned is 100% true. time to face reality, and their response has only made the situation worse, did you see the CNBC video? they don't seem to think RIM is recoverable.
    Wow, thanks for enlightening me. I would never know what to believe without your guidance.

What's with constant hate. What are you hoping to accomplish?
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:40 PM
    #lettergate, lol.
    getting in there first! i like your style

Maybe Geller is working on his writing style and the next two letters will be better
    haha, made me chuckle that did.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-30-11 11:40 PM
    Geller is working on letter 4 and 5 right now lol

06-30-11 11:44 PM
    Next will be an Al Gore movie, An Inconvenient Keyboard-How BlackBerry Contributes to Global Cellphone Collapse.

06-30-11 11:46 PM
    i dont think sueing BGR would be potentially the right move (and wouldnt it be MMC which is BGR`s parent company?), but id love to see an aggressive `prove its an employee` statement from RIM (literally thats all the press release would need to say lol), basically strong enough to knock BGR down a bit, but not in a way that would be portrayed wrongly.

lets hope they didnt send the emails off their BB eh
    06-30-11 11:51 PM
    Letter 4 and 5...he is drafting the manifesto.
    BBThemes likes this.
    06-30-11 11:53 PM
    I just love how one of the commentators reffered to QNX as "ONX", did anyone else catch that?
    07-01-11 12:13 AM
    I just love how one of the commentators reffered to QNX as "ONX", did anyone else catch that?
    Yeah I did hear that. Got a chuckle there. And these are the guys we are to listen to about RIM's wrongdoings. lol

On another note- I think we should send a pot or two of coffee over to BGR- he is gonna be up all night working on those other 2 letters.
    07-01-11 12:17 AM
    I totally believe the sentiment behind the letter is true; that there are high level RIM employees who are very disgruntled with how things are around the company.

What I do not immediately believe is that these people all decided to write BGR. It's too much of a perfect storm, and of all sites to report it, it's BGR (who constantly have it out for RIM). I guess you could look at it from the perspective that since they have no pro-RIM bias they were just the most likely to publish it and thus the obvious destination for the letters. But for some reason my intuition says this could just as easily be a good way for BGR to drive up site views and help drive nails into RIM's alleged coffin at the same time.
    07-01-11 01:08 AM
    The first guy was a long time "source" of information from RIM. I'd say the next two just responded to BGRs request for others to come forward.

Don't be surprised if there aren't more over the weekend.
    07-01-11 01:38 AM
    Geller is working on letter 4 and 5 right now lol

He's doing his version of the R Kelly closet song...
    07-01-11 01:46 AM
    Wow, this is starting to seem like a BGR witch hunt...

Has BGR turned into the National Enquirer of Tech news? :s

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Dude i heard Batboy has a 9900 already..
    07-01-11 03:00 AM
    What you are seeing is the desperate act of fanbois who have been blindly cheering rim through its steady decline for two years scramble to come up with a retort for this latest bad news for rim... and about the only thing they can come up with is "its a lie".

Food for thought... If the letter is a lie... why would the author dared risk his or her credibility by mentioning internal structure details at rim knowing that the revelation of the truth would prove the letter a hoax? Case in point... Mentioning the employment of the (as in one) person who is responsible for the firmware on the 9530, and even mentioning what their current endeavor was. Rim could debunk the whole letter in a heartbeat by proving that to be untrue.

Oh and yea fanbois are abijt to pounce saying "everybody knows that, its public knowledge". Dont bother. It isnt and you are still reaching to cover your a**.

K Bear likes this.
    07-01-11 05:37 AM
    RIM should just sue BGR and Geller and request that they turn over all financials to see how much Apple is paying Geller to right negative stuff, and how much Geller is paying to blow Steve Jobs. For some reason he is **** bent on publishing as much anti-RIM stuff as he can. Letters from anonymous sources are not news, it is slander and RIM should sue. If there were official RIM internal e-mails stating this stuff then that is news.
    07-01-11 06:45 AM
    What you are seeing is the desperate act of fanbois who have been blindly cheering rim through its steady decline for two years scramble to come up with a retort for this latest bad news for rim... and about the only thing they can come up with is "its a lie".

Food for thought... If the letter is a lie... why would the author dared risk his or her credibility by mentioning internal structure details at rim knowing that the revelation of the truth would prove the letter a hoax? Case in point... Mentioning the employment of the (as in one) person who is responsible for the firmware on the 9530, and even mentioning what their current endeavor was. Rim could debunk the whole letter in a heartbeat by proving that to be untrue.

Oh and yea fanbois are abijt to pounce saying "everybody knows that, its public knowledge". Dont bother. It isnt and you are still reaching to cover your a**.

im sorry but thats so wrong, im sure among all the leaked OS`s and images of devices that info has been passed on, heck how would you even know if this person might be outta a job cos of the cuts and so has an axe to grind.

im not saying `its a lie` and yes the letter raises many valid point of which none are really news to any of us who frequent CB. but ask yourself this, do you believe BGR has good journalistic integrity? if you can answer yes then happily take in everything they produce as fact, just hide away the articles which turned out to be wrong so got deleted.
    07-01-11 06:47 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD