I think the title really tells about my feeling.

Not saying one or other OS is good or bad, but nothing can be compared to HUB practicality.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:40 AM
    I wish I could move the accounts around......change the order in which they show up.

Posted via CB10
    Rello, ajst222, DJM626 and 1 others like this.
    12-14-13 08:42 AM
    You can in 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:53 AM
    You can rearrange accounts in the Hub on 10.2.1.

Hub > settings > hub management > rearrange button on black bar at bottom of screen.

I'm not a lover of the Hub and could easily live without it. I take out everything I can except for emails.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:54 AM
    You can rearrange accounts in the Hub on 10.2.1.

Hub > settings > hub management > rearrange button on black bar at bottom of screen.

I'm not a lover of the Hub and could easily live without it. I take out everything I can except for emails.

Posted via CB10
    No, the Hub and the Priority messages always show up as the first two. I can't get them to drop. I use BBM constantly and I want it on top.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:04 AM
    FWIW, I disabled priority messages and the menu item has disappeared. I don?t trust priority selection by the algorithm and wanted to save battery (assuming that priority logic spends CPU for on device data mining) .

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:12 AM
    No, the Hub and the Priority messages always show up as the first two. I can't get them to drop. I use BBM constantly and I want it on top.

Posted via CB10
    I removed BBM from the Hub and tend to keep it as an open active frame when in use. This works well for me but obviously it's not everyone's choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:25 AM
    I also am A BBM active frame person. Works really well!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:30 AM
    And when you peek into the hub when you get a notification and end up peeking into a previous convo, it's like driving with bad alignment. I wish they would change that. It completely defeats the purpose of peek.

EDIT: Changed the last "peek" as it was the wrong one one (spelled "peak")
    Last edited by ajst222; 12-14-13 at 03:27 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-13 02:49 PM
    Hub is a sweet feature. I just wish it had a hardware hub button instead of annoying gestures.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 03:09 PM
    Hub is a sweet feature. I just wish it had a hardware hub button instead of annoying gestures.

Posted via CB10

Gestures ARE BB10. Buttons aren't. It's what makes BB10 a little unique.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Incoming death threats lol
    bekkay and Notorius_BB like this.
    12-14-13 03:13 PM
    Incoming death threats lol

Haha. I just don't think BB10 works well with buttons. And the way BlackBerry has shown us that gestures are "better" than buttons it wouldn't make sense on their part. Plus with the button you wouldn't get peek. It's kind of hard to describe but buttons don't compliment BB10 and its UI.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:16 PM
    Haha. I just don't think BB10 works well with buttons. And the way BlackBerry has shown us that gestures are "better" than buttons it wouldn't make sense on their part. Plus with the button you wouldn't get peek. It's kind of hard to describe but buttons don't compliment BB10 and its UI.
    Yes I agree. A physical button (like a home button) has no place on BB10 when the main point of BB10 is gesture based navigation. If they didn't push gestures so hard, a button wouldn't be a problem. Adding it just makes no sense with what BB is pushing.

Just like I don't understand why there is a HUB icon when it's a gesture away from getting there and it is the center of the entire BB10 experience.
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:22 PM
    Yes I agree. A physical button (like a home button) has no place on BB10 when the main point of BB10 is gesture based navigation. If they didn't push gestures so hard, a button wouldn't be a problem. Adding it just makes no sense with what BB is pushing.

Just like I don't understand why there is a HUB icon when it's a gesture away from getting there and it is the center of the entire BB10 experience.

EXACTLY! Buttons have no place in a gesture based UI. It doesn't make any sense. BB10 is all about flow and user control of that flow and buttons don't allow either those things. And I agree, I don't get the hub icon or the text messages icon.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:26 PM
    EXACTLY! Buttons have no place in a gesture based UI. It doesn't make any sense. BB10 is all about flow and user control of that flow and buttons don't allow either those things. And I agree, I don't get the hub icon or the text messages icon.
    I can understand the individual icons (especially if you remove said communications from the HUB), even though you can access them individually through the HUB, but not the HUB icon itself. It is much faster to get to the HUB by gestures than going to the icon. It can be faster or the same speed if you are clicking the individual apps so that's no biggie.

Using the HUB icon would just seem like a person preference kind of thing. At that point it would seem like someone doesn't like or know how to use the gestures., and at that point, it would seem like BB10 is not for them.
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:30 PM
    I can understand the individual icons (especially if you remove said communications from the HUB), even though you can access them individually through the HUB, but not the HUB icon itself. It is much faster to get to the HUB by gestures than going to the icon. It can be faster or the same speed if you are clicking the individual apps so that's no biggie.

Using the HUB icon would just seem like a person preference kind of thing. At that point it would seem like someone doesn't like or know how to use the gestures., and at that point, it would seem like BB10 is not for them.

Not only would you be using an extra step to get to the hub using the icon, you also lose the peek feature which is a big part of BB10 and the multitasking. And, you're right. At that point, you might as well choose another platform if you don't like the platform AND are losing peek/flow which sets the BB10 multitasking apart from the rest.
    12-14-13 03:35 PM
    The hub is one the best features of the phone.
    12-14-13 03:38 PM
    The hub is one the best features of the phone.

Definitely. And what's great is that the hub, peek/flow, and multitasking all tie together to make one big "super feature" for those who get what I'm saying.
    avt123 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:41 PM
    It's buggy and app developers like whatsapp say their app struggles to interact with the hub because of how poorly coded it is.
    It takes 10 mins to initialise if you've got a lot of messages, every single boot. Till it initialises, you have an expensive paperweight.
    You open a message, want to check for new messages? Have to close the old message, a pain if it's in the middle of a huge inbox.
    You swipe out of a message, get a new one, swipe in and get the old message, not the top of the universal inbox.
    And because of the way it's coded, you can only have one mail, or text, open at a single time.
    Want to open two different mails and use data from them to write a third? No chance, on bb10.

I can't think of anything that's as bad for productive communication as the hub.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:41 PM
    Not only would you be using an extra step to get to the hub using the icon, you also lose the peek feature which is a big part of BB10 and the multitasking. And, you're right. At that point, you might as well choose another platform if you don't like the platform AND are losing peek/flow which sets the BB10 multitasking apart from the rest.
    Exactly. You completely lose functionality.

Oh well, at least there are choices I guess.
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-14-13 03:42 PM
    That's why BB10 is failing besides the lack of marketing, most people just don't like gestures or the HUB .several of the people I've shown my Z10 to agree with me that the HUB is boring and pointless. Unless you are one of the few people who's rapid firing opening and closing all com apps constantly it serves no purpose. Everyone says why do you have to open the HUB then tap the app you want when on their phone they just tap the app they want ,simplier faster . Personally I would rather have the extra battery life that the HUB uses .

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:22 PM
    That's why BB10 is failing besides the lack of marketing, most people just don't like gestures or the HUB .several of the people I've shown my Z10 to agree with me that the HUB is boring and pointless. Unless you are one of the few people who's rapid firing opening and closing all com apps constantly it serves no purpose. Everyone says why do you have to open the HUB then tap the app you want when on their phone they just tap the app they want ,simplier faster . Personally I would rather have the extra battery life that the HUB uses .

Posted via CB10

I think that people don't like the gestures because they aren't familiar with them. Plus, BlackBerry's marketing hasn't been nearly good enough to tell people why the hub (and gestures) are better. It's all about introducing something new to customers and telling them that they need it. BlackBerry hasn't done it.
    12-14-13 04:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol. You are joking, right? That's like saying, "I have this Minority Report computer but, dang it, I really wish it had a Start button!"
    12-14-13 04:41 PM
    Way to steal my thread haha

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:19 PM