i've been looking all day

i cant find the PDE IP or port

anybody have any sort of luck?

i'm going to ask my tech friend in verizon when i see him this weekend

hopefully he can shed some light on this issue
    08-05-08 08:46 PM
    I would post the link, but I haven't had enough posts yet.

Please let us know if you get QPST working. My curve longs for free gps...
    09-05-08 12:04 PM
    Have fun...

PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port Number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: PDE
    09-05-08 02:59 PM
    PS... Please let the rest of us know if you get this working via QPST, because I tried, and can't see the GPSone settings to make the changes.
    09-05-08 03:00 PM
    Here's a copy of the post I made in the other GPS thread.... lol

Well, it only took me 67 pages to find the info... lol.

Well, after some minor testing it seems that we're fracked in terms of getting access to the aGPS on the 8830. I have found the PDE IP and Port for VZW, but even after setting it with QPST, the Location API still requests the PDE info be set by the application trying to use the GPS. Damn you RIM/VZW!!! So, right now, there's no way to rewrite that API and sign it for it to work with whatever OS you have running on the phone. For anyone interested in the PDE server info, click over to xda-developers... Finally...after months of work and BS...Working VZW AGPS - xda-developers With the help of these guys, people with WinMo devices can now have a fully functional aGPS subsystem, but it seems a bit more work will be required on our part to get it going for the Blackberry... if at all. This final piece to the beginning puzzle finally answers one of the major questions that I had set forth. It appears that the lockout is now definatly on both the Qualcomm radio (in the form of the missing aGPS PDE info) and in the Location API on the RIM OS as well. One is easily fixable... the other, not so easy.

Anyway, my testing was done with OS4.5, so your mileage may vary with OS4.2.2.x, but I'm not going to downgrade just yet to do further testing. Feel free to do so and let everyone know your findings if you're savvy enough to figure out how to use QPST to write settings to your phone.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If you're trying to use DM4.3 or higher, you will not get QPST to detect the BB connected. You need to use DM4.2 SP2 or lower for it to work.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 09-05-08 at 04:25 PM.
    09-05-08 04:19 PM
    I'm in the process to test the old API which I believe was still original in OS 4.2.2.66. If I remember correctly, VZW didn't introduce VZNav capabilities until 4.2.2.148 and that's when the Location API was rewritten to no longer use the PDE settings from the gpsOne config on the Qualcomm chipset. I just can't remember when the rewrite took place, in which OS revision.
    09-05-08 04:23 PM
    I'm in the process to test the old API which I believe was still original in OS 4.2.2.66. If I remember correctly, VZW didn't introduce VZNav capabilities until 4.2.2.148 and that's when the Location API was rewritten to no longer use the PDE settings from the gpsOne config on the Qualcomm chipset. I just can't remember when the rewrite took place, in which OS revision.
    I just installed 4.5...77 and noticed that on opening BB maps is says "locating satellites" ... did GPS get turned on on this new OS or is it falsely looking for a GPS signal?

Hoping....
    09-05-08 05:46 PM
    I just installed 4.5...77 and noticed that on opening BB maps is says "locating satellites" ... did GPS get turned on on this new OS or is it falsely looking for a GPS signal?

Hoping....
    No, the only thing that's in the 4.5 versions of BBMaps is that the Internal GPS resource was left in place. I expect Verizon to request RIM to yank this out of the final release.
    09-05-08 08:32 PM
    No, the only thing that's in the 4.5 versions of BBMaps is that the Internal GPS resource was left in place. I expect Verizon to request RIM to yank this out of the final release.
    09-05-08 10:24 PM
    I want my internal GPS too. Please dear Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 11:22 PM
    Any new news?
    09-12-08 10:35 AM
    I have looked all through the links and all. Could someone please write it down in step-by-step instructions for me to follow. I really wanna get this thing going.
    08-09-09 06:50 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD