The old Bremer High school across the road is being demolished which had asbestos throughout it. I made a complaint to Goverment and local Council officers. Had evidence recorded on blackberry phone of clouds of dust from the site which landed all over house. I turned my phone on today to find my pin number would not work, so phone went into auto wipe mode!? What's going on? I even check the pin number just in case, it was the correct number. Black berry safe, Bull @%#@!.
    11-11-12 06:55 PM
    Check your media card - which is not wiped automatically. Both photos and video are usually saved to the microSD unless you worked hard to force to internal storage with more limited capacity.
    11-11-12 08:05 PM
    Pin not working isn't necessarily from the phone itself. Sounds like someone blacklisted the pin through your carrier.
    11-11-12 08:47 PM
    pin number? are you referring to your password? or the sim card pin??
    11-12-12 01:29 AM
    What pin do you mean in this post? Simcard PIN, your BB PIN, or handset password?
    11-12-12 01:40 AM
    I could be wrong, but I believe the OP is using the term PIN number instead of his BlackBerry device password.
    I only say this because I believe he said it didn't work when he tried it, and then his device wiped automatically.

@OP. I would also recommend checking your SD card in your PC via a card reader.
    If a media card is in the device it should have defaulted to saving your media on it.
    11-12-12 04:13 AM
    Sounds like those countries complaining that they can't vouch for the security of a BlackBerry because they can't access it (too secure).

The device did exactly what it is made to do. If someone gets a hold of your password enabled BB and tries to access it by guessing passwords, it will wipe itself to protect personal information. Can't steal what is no longer there.

The biggest issue I've seen with people having password problems is keyboard mode: caps, numbers, symbols. Passwords are case sensitive.
    11-12-12 05:24 AM
    As others have said, the device did exactly as it was designed to do. In this case it is BlackBerry safe as you call it, very safe in fact as it did wipe all data in to an unrecoverable state, thus preventing your personal data from being stolen. The device thought that someone was tampering with it by guessing passwords, or using some other method to brute force attack it, and is designed to do exactly as it did. In your case, the password was being incorrectly entered too many times.
    11-12-12 05:32 AM
    As others have said, the device did exactly as it was designed to do. In this case it is BlackBerry safe as you call it, very safe in fact as it did wipe all data in to an unrecoverable state, thus preventing your personal data from being stolen. The device thought that someone was tampering with it by guessing passwords, or using some other method to brute force attack it, and is designed to do exactly as it did. In your case, the password was being incorrectly entered too many times.
    agree with u. In fact, for BB OS7, if you replace the existing simcard and put the new one in it, Automatically the handset will all the way

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-13-12 05:40 PM