T-MO has just changed their HotSpot @Home service and renamed it Talk Forever (to alleviate confusion between Hotspot and H@H as well as to add new features such as VOIP for the home phone when the new routers arrive, as they have 2 SIM cards in them to allow for use of home phone over internet). This in itself is a neat idea, but the great thing is the price.

T-Mo has changed the pricing and now you can get the Talk Forver (formerly known as H@H) added to your account for $9.99. This price is the same whether it is for a single line (yep, $9.99) or the Family plans (Yep still $9.99 for the entire plan covering all phones on the plan).

Here is the catch, T-Mo will not just change your plan automatically. You must call in and request the change. I just did and it worked great (had to call twice as the first person told me it wasn't available in my market only 2 test markets, but that is incorrect as the plan went natrionwide today).

Call in and get your's changed today!!
    02-06-08 09:24 PM
    I see where it lists the $9.99 for single lines, but I see no where that it lists that same price for family plans. Where did you see it?
    02-06-08 10:20 PM
    It doesn't lsit it you must call Customer Service to get it added to the family plans. I have confirmed this with other reps to and this is the case (even though it sounds to good to be true).
    02-07-08 10:11 PM
    It seems to me that TMO is getting smarter and smarter. This is great news. Plus it appears the 8820 with GPS and WiFi will be relased in early March making the choices for choosing a UMA phone even better.
    02-07-08 11:30 PM
    02-08-08 12:50 AM
    H@H is $20 a month; this is only $10 a month. I just started with TM a couple of weeks ago, and reception was awful...until we hooked up with the wifi at the house. Much improved. But not clear if it's the same service if we're not doing the voip phones...
    02-08-08 02:49 AM
    Actually, H@H Talk Forever has gone nationwide since I heard about that Engadget article earlier in the week. If you go to the T-Mo site and click an H@H banner, it will pull up the following text:

Introducing the first mobile phone that works on Wi-Fi in your house.

Use Wi-Fi to get great coverage throughout your house.
    When you�re on the go, it works like a regular mobile phone.
    With the Hotspot @Home Talk Forever Mobile, you�ll get unlimited nationwide calling from home for $10 per month for Individual plan.
    Only T-Mobile offers the BlackBerry� Curve with Hotspot @Home Talk Forever Mobile.

I called Customer Service yesterday morning and signed up for the add-on, though the rep had to put me on hold for about a minute while he tracked down someone who knew more about TalkForever. My online 'Minutes Used' report shows that the calls I made on the job (where I have a wi-fi connection) yesterday were counted as 'Hotspot@Home' and I don't have the voip phone mentioned in the Engadget article, nor do I plan to get it.
    02-08-08 11:42 AM
    Odd how this is set up. If you do H@H, it's $20; if you do "TalkForever" it's $10, seems to be the same service. BUT they say that there's a new wireless router that takes a sim card and is capable of voip for the land line. Question is, can you still get the service for $10, without doing your land line?
    02-08-08 02:31 PM
    wow comfermed i got the famliy plane for 9.99 and now i have to fins my wife a wifi phone
    02-12-08 10:36 AM
    AT&T needs to get on-board with this stuff...FAST
    02-12-08 05:56 PM
    aint gonna happen, unfortuntately. at$t loves the overpriced plans they give out, and they will make you PAY for them. Like I've said before, WiFi with t-mo is the best thing since sliced bread.

My friends and I used talk about whatever cell phone company that would bring out a full bar worth of reception in the basement I would pay big money for something like that. Then tmo came along, put out an amazing smartphone with wifi and i get to talk unlimited with it at any time in my house with perfect clarity, and I instantly cancelled out my cingular contract in a heartbeat and switched immediately.

No more dropped calls, and I can't wait to take it to Italy this year for free international calling at my hotel. Props to Tmo for actually understanding what people want, even if you are still on EDGE network. It's okay, your 3G moment will be coming this year and you'll buy out sprint finally. Huzzah!
    02-13-08 12:43 AM
    T-MO has just changed their HotSpot @Home service and renamed it Talk Forever
    I'm not sure this is entirely correct.

In reviewing TMo's website, it appears that Talk Forever is NOT a replacement for H@H but an additional service offering.

With Talk Forever, it appears you must have a new TMo dedicated router with restrictions that seem quite different than the H@H service.

I seem to recall when I looked at this yesterday, that Talk Forever just worked at HOME ONLY and did not offer open UMA calling at any access point.

I use my Curve to access UMA at work far more than I do at home. Based on my read of the two different offerings, it seems to make more sense to me to stay with H@H than to go to Talk Forever.

Others' thoughts and research on this would be most welcome.
    02-15-08 01:13 AM
    When I called T-Mobile to have my plan adjusted, they confirmed they changed the name of the plan because too many people were getting it confused with their regular HotSpot service.
    02-15-08 10:56 AM
    wirelessforever- it might be worthwhile for you to call T-Mo and talk to a few CS reps if you need to (since it seems like this whole TalkForever vs. H@H is all still relatively new to them) to find out more info for yourself and get your questions answered by the source.

I don't have the router or the voip phone and my Curve still goes UMA in all the places it did before I signed up for the TalkForever $9.99 service. My calls made in those locations where I go UMA (home, work, hotspots) are counted as H@H calls.
    02-15-08 12:57 PM
    has to be on each line as no family grouping yet, probably next step
    02-15-08 02:03 PM
    Not according to the rep when I called.
    02-15-08 03:18 PM

There isa family grouping you just have to call CSR to have it added as it isn't possible yet online. I called in and had it added before I made the OP, and have verified with several reps that it covers the entire family plan (although it doesn't say otherwise anywhere).
    02-16-08 04:05 AM
    wirelessforever- it might be worthwhile for you to call T-Mo and talk to a few CS reps if you need to (since it seems like this whole TalkForever vs. H@H is all still relatively new to them) to find out more info for yourself and get your questions answered by the source.

I don't have the router or the voip phone and my Curve still goes UMA in all the places it did before I signed up for the TalkForever $9.99 service. My calls made in those locations where I go UMA (home, work, hotspots) are counted as H@H calls.
    Thanks for your comments. I followed your advice.

The TMo reps seem as confused about this new service as many of the rest of us. In my conversation with them I learned that it APPEARS that Talk Forever and Hotspot@Home (H@H) are two different service offerings. The Talk Forever option is supposedly intended to be a sort of family-plan option to compete with Vonnage and the H@H option is separately intended to allow single line users the ability to make UMA calls at home. The TMo rep I spoke with noted that Talk Forever is only available in 2 markets in the United States and that Southern California is not one of those two options.

I'm not entirely sure the TMo rep I spoke with is entirely correct. I'm also not sure she isn't. Just can't tell.

I love TMo. Wouldn't use anyone else. But their product launches are very poorly communicated to their staff and their customers. I am not sure anyone knows exactly the difference between Talk Forever and H@H.

The only thing we do know is that right now, these two service features are set up as different options in TMo's customer profile programs.
    02-19-08 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD