guys im new i have an 8800 it was in a perfect condition but now i have a scratch on the screen its pretty bad i mean not too bad but still visible when the screen is off. it annoys me really and i hate my phone now hahah i know its bad do you guys have a lot of scratches or not? is there a way i can fix the scratch?

also, the new bb 8330, do you think you can put a 8 or 16gb memory card into it? because with the 8800 4 is the maximum. when is it gonna be out officially? the black version is just gorgeous, i like it even more than the 8800 one which is kinda stiff and big!!

thanks!
    04-16-08 04:50 AM
    A screen protector is always a good investment for a Blackberry - as is a case, holster, etc. I know that there are some solutions that some CBers have tried that reduce the scars of little scratches, so do a forum search & see what you can find.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 05:27 AM
    Also the 8830 has been delay, rumor say june 1 will be the release date but i haven't seen any confirmed reports.

04-16-08 05:29 AM
    Some people say toothpaste and I even read someone said banana peel. I say compound polish.

04-16-08 06:28 AM
    Get your protection here Best Skins Ever Home Page. They work great I can't even see my scratches
    04-16-08 06:38 AM
    I use the seidio screen protector and I put my pearl in my pocket all the time with my I'd and stuff no scratches! Also got the seidio hardcase for the body.

04-16-08 06:43 AM
    Ok . I have experience in this one. Firstly, if the scratch is deep, like if you can feel the groove when you pass your fingernail over it then you need a replacement lens (thats the plastic that covers the LCD). You could also just replace the entire faceplate. Do not use anything called displex or whatever. That thing will dissolve your screen and give it a shinny glassy finish that you would not like. If the scratch is shallow then most polishing compounds will get it out.
    04-16-08 06:45 AM
    That Sucks!!! Welcome To CB!!!!
    04-16-08 07:07 AM
    I'd hate to scrach mine, but I sure wouldn't hate my BB because of it!

Welcome!
    04-16-08 07:10 AM
    The current OS only suports up to 4GB mircoSD cards. Once they release OS 4.5, the 8800 series should support 8GB cards.

The slot already supports 4GB SDHC, so it should have no problem with the larger SDHC cards once the OS supports them.
    04-16-08 07:55 AM
    Ooh, that sucks. My current phone (not BB) took a fall after about a year of having it. Chipped up the top and left a scratch on the screen (note to self: don't run down steps with BB in sweatshirt pocket). I hated it for a while, but eventually got over it. I'm pretty much OCD with my gadgets so if I can get over it, I'm sure you can too. Good luck trying to fix it!
    04-16-08 08:14 AM
    cnn.cn have new screen covers - scratch be gone!

Mine is in mint condish!
    04-16-08 11:32 AM
    I don't think a scratch would make me hate my bb. Just buy a replacement screen or even better...go get a new berry!
    04-16-08 12:01 PM
    i look at it as beauty marks :]
    04-16-08 12:48 PM
    My Curve has a couple of minor scratches in the lens (what covers the LCD screen).

Sweat/skin oil residue can make them obvious (at least to me ). I just clean the lens with Fantastik and it looks great.

PS If trying a liquid cleaner, make sure it is mild (no acetone, etc.), and *never* spray your phone (or any electronic device, for that matter). Solvents generally are good conductors and may short electronics. Spray the wipe cloth, allow a few seconds for droplets to evaporate or be absorbed by the cloth, then wipe.
    Last edited by Technocracy; 04-16-08 at 08:09 PM.
    04-16-08 08:07 PM
    or as mentioned before, i would go to Cellular Accessories - Apple, Mobiado, HTC, Nokia, Dopod/O2, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Motorola, Panasonic and get me a new one! and adios to the scratch!
    04-16-08 08:11 PM
    can anyone recommend an actual brand name of compound polish they have used? i have a little scratch that bugs the sh#@ outta me!!
    04-22-08 08:24 AM
    can anyone recommend a BRAND of compound polish they have used? thanks!
    04-22-08 08:39 AM
    or as mentioned before, i would go to Cellular Accessories - Apple, Mobiado, HTC, Nokia, Dopod/O2, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Motorola, Panasonic and get me a new one! and adios to the scratch!
    Also, get a skin or case to cover it. As far as polishes, check the threads. I use the same type of cotton cloth for my berry that I would use for the lense for my cameras.
    04-22-08 08:52 AM
    can anyone recommend an actual brand name of compound polish they have used? i have a little scratch that bugs the sh#@ outta me!!
    You might try the Novus products.
    Novus 3 is quite abrasive for significant scratches. Novus 2 is for lesser scratches and Novus 1 is more for smudges. Sometimes you'll find these at Motorcycle shops (for helmets and visors) and acrylic plastic companies (yellow pages and internet)
    04-22-08 08:55 AM
    thanks RODO...I'll see if I can find that stuff...thanks again!! JB
    UPDATE: I found a bunch of it on eBay...about $15 for a set of #1, #2 & #3 with a few cloths. Sweet!!
    Last edited by jbolling; 04-22-08 at 09:19 AM.
    04-22-08 09:12 AM
    Head on, apply directly to the screen..Head on, apply directly to the screen...Head on, apply directly to the screen.....That should do the trick!
    04-22-08 09:17 AM
    I use the seidio screen protector and I put my pearl in my pocket all the time with my I'd and stuff no scratches! Also got the seidio hardcase for the body.

i just bought a Seido case yesterday b4 i saw this post...maybe the BB gods are looking out for me!
    04-22-08 02:22 PM
    Ok . I have experience in this one. Firstly, if the scratch is deep, like if you can feel the groove when you pass your fingernail over it then you need a replacement lens (thats the plastic that covers the LCD). You could also just replace the entire faceplate. Do not use anything called displex or whatever. That thing will dissolve your screen and give it a shinny glassy finish that you would not like. If the scratch is shallow then most polishing compounds will get it out.
    I used this on my old Pearl and it is not effective. You know how when you get water or oil from your fingers on the screen it leaves those rainbow streaks from all the color pixels of the display? Well, when Displex fills in the cracks, it leaves this effect in the cracks PERMANENTLY!

BlackBerrys have a protective plastic over the actual screen and Displex is not a reliable resolution. It really looks horrible in the end.
    12-19-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD