A lot of people make the mistake often claiming RIM has almighty security when they themselves own BIS phones, which have the same security as any other mobile phone. I hate when people ravde about the blackberry security with personal blackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BIS still has security though, not only over the internet but on device. Your BBM, PIN and web browsing still hit secure servers. I am not 100% sure, but I heard BB to BB email also does that.

And that is the other component, on device security. No one else even comes close.
    11-10-09 04:08 PM
    RIM = secure
    other devices are not so secure..

also I have used a variety of smartphones out there. My basic experience is that blackberry doesnt do as much as a winmo or iphone. But the battery life on a BB is far superior to that of others.
    This was true but match a bold battery and storm up to the droid that does more then your blackberry does at one time and my battery will equal yours or your might when but literally by minutes. (Check the car facts lol) I love that commercial

11-10-09 04:09 PM
    Most people don't care too much about the security... They just want to be able to stream some HQ pr0n without issue.
    11-10-09 04:10 PM
    Most people don't care too much about the security... They just want to be able to stream some HQ pr0n without issue.
    Hahahaha I'm not to sure about that lol but no your bb email is not that secure all email is encrypted when sent. How well its encrypted is what makes good security your bb is no better then any other device on the market. Unless your running a BES device

11-10-09 04:14 PM
    This was true but match a bold battery and storm up to the droid that does more then your blackberry does at one time and my battery will equal yours or your might when but literally by minutes. (Check the car facts lol) I love that commercial

Define more? If you mean more flashy graphics then I have no need. And since I use an EDGE phone I get better battery life than any 3G phone. Also, most apps I use are push based so when I do a lot, it still saves on the battery big time. My usage patterns are far different than someone who likes to do a lot of web browsing or playing games though, that's why I have a PC.

But getting back to the BES thing, it doesn't actually offer more security overall. BES is tailored for device control and monitoring. It can encourage added security by allowing the administrator to block apps that might otherwise create a hole like web browsing, installing 3rd party apps, etc. But internet browsing, etc. are no different.

Maybe one nice thing about BES over BIS is the remote lock or wipe option if the phone gets stolen. However anyone with half a brain on Google can remove a security policy and resell the device in Asia so IT policies are not much of a factor if the phone is out of the original owner's hands.
    11-10-09 04:14 PM
    Hahahaha I'm not to sure about that lol but no your bb email is not that secure all email is encrypted when sent. How well its encrypted is what makes good security your bb is no better then any other device on the market. Unless your running a BES device

Ok, so BES offers encrypted email between BB devices, that's about where the security for that form of messaging stops. SMS and regular emails are still completely visible though. But that's why BES allows the administrator to restrict the phone, enforcing security by basically crippling the device.
    11-10-09 04:17 PM
    Just reading some manuals, email between the BB abd BIS servers as well as BB IM's and browsing are all protected with SSL. So I guess ther eis security on emails after all.
    11-10-09 04:19 PM
    Might as well just move this to the droid subforum and let the flamefest commence...
    11-10-09 04:21 PM
    Well thank you for that explanation I just learned something and I'm not being a smart a** I'm serious.

And when I mean more I mean from a multitasking point of view believe me the droid is not flashy at all I'm not a flashy person this thing is actually kind of ugly it has to grow on you. My point is people are hype about opengl and flash but they're not rea?izing their batteries won't be so reliable anymore as they think they once were except the 9700 that thing is awesome. And cb users stop with the security raving if you have a personal bb

11-10-09 04:22 PM
    Might as well just move this to the droid subforum and let the flamefest commence...
    True story.

Besides, Radius is just whining about the whiners... Sheesh!

I *heart* you, Radius. When are you coming back to OT?

IBTL.
    11-10-09 04:24 PM
    agreed at this point

11-10-09 04:28 PM
    True story.

Besides, Radius is just whining about the whiners... Sheesh!

I *heart* you, Radius. When are you coming back to OT?

IBTL.
    I don't whine, I just get angry and cover it with a thin veneer of competent discourse.

Been looking at OT for a while, just waiting for another winner thread to fire up when I'm around.
    11-10-09 04:29 PM
    Well thank you for that explanation I just learned something and I'm not being a smart a** I'm serious.

And when I mean more I mean from a multitasking point of view believe me the droid is not flashy at all I'm not a flashy person this thing is actually kind of ugly it has to grow on you. My point is people are hype about opengl and flash but they're not rea?izing their batteries won't be so reliable anymore as they think they once were except the 9700 that thing is awesome. And cb users stop with the security raving if you have a personal bb

I learned too actually, I had no idea it was all SSL from that perspective. Makes sense though, don't know why I never thought of it.

I wonder if Flash will cause a security hole though? I know in the past it has been an issue on the PC so that makes me feel a little concerned with this turn of events.

OpenGL will be cool though, not that I'll start playing games on the BB anytime soon mind you. But it will certainly reach a whole new sector for this company.
    11-10-09 04:30 PM
    Yea from a consumer standpoint I think it will bring bb a new costumer pool

11-10-09 04:34 PM
    Just heard opengl is only for the s2 and 8530 wow RIM screwing over the tour and already screwed over s1 users are we.

11-11-09 06:14 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD