I'm going to be painfully (for me) honest. Although I absolutely love my PlayBook (which I got on day 1 a few years ago) the ipad is most definitely the best tablet IMO
    03-13-13 10:23 AM
    do you have a blackberry to use it with (bridging)?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    I do, I have a 9930.
    03-13-13 05:27 PM
    If anything you may want more than just 16gb PlayBook. I have a 32gb and wish I had gotten the 64gb. Other than that I love the PlayBook!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:00 PM
    I'm going to be painfully (for me) honest. Although I absolutely love my PlayBook (which I got on day 1 a few years ago) the ipad is most definitely the best tablet IMO
    I won't agree with you but I think when bb10 comes to the playbook, it will be a whole different ball game.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:16 PM
    I agree. Let's hope
    03-13-13 08:13 PM
    Is there any confirmation on whether BBM will work on the Playbook once the BB10 update arrives, WITHOUT the need to bridge an actual phone?

If so, I'm sold - I plan to keep using my Android as my primary phone but my family does want to get a bunch of Q10s and being able to BBM with them off the Playbook would be awesome
    03-13-13 08:54 PM
    Is there any confirmation on whether BBM will work on the Playbook once the BB10 update arrives, WITHOUT the need to bridge an actual phone?

If so, I'm sold - I plan to keep using my Android as my primary phone but my family does want to get a bunch of Q10s and being able to BBM with them off the Playbook would be awesome
    Great point. It will definitely have bbm but I think you will have to link it to a BlackBerry id with an active sim. Z10 won't let you use bbm if you don't have a working sim inserted into a phone. BlackBerry needs the service revenue to run the service. This is all purely speculation of course.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:21 AM
    I have a 64 GB PB that I mostly enjoy (with several glaring and well-known exceptions), but I certainly wouldn't buy one today.
    03-14-13 09:43 AM
    You will love your new purchase. It's awsome for viewing the internet, old school classic gaming(Commodore, SNES). Being able to sideload Android apps has been nice. And for me being able to use tv apps to watch missed episodes is very cool. Almost forgot...music player is also a bonus. Have fun and enjoy.

Edit:Oh, and Bridge with my 9930.
    03-14-13 09:53 AM

I was able to bridge BBM from my 9900, but currently can't do the same with my Z10 PlayBook combo.

I have been able to use video chat to chat with family in Ottawa with PlayBook, but no BlackBerry phone, both from my PlayBook and from my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:54 AM
    Z10 won't let you use bbm if you don't have a working sim inserted into a phone.
    Wait seriously? I thought I heard that some people were able to access BBM over wifi while they were waiting for their unlock codes to arrive. Someone please confirm.

To clarify - I want to get a Playbook, update it to BB10, and BBM with my family without owning a Blackberry phone.
    03-14-13 07:35 PM
    I wanted one 6 months ago but they were long gone from stores in the USA by the time I cared.
    am-a-zon...
    03-14-13 08:47 PM
    You will love your new purchase. It's awsome for viewing the internet, old school classic gaming(Commodore, SNES). .
    it's pretty great for new school games,too,,, Modern Warfare 2, need for speed & sector strike,,, you can get all 3 for .99/u.s.,(n4s comes installed, ss is free app world, mw2 .99)...
    03-14-13 09:00 PM

if you all get playbooks, you can all pin chat using installed native chat...
    03-14-13 09:01 PM
    Well, my new PlayBook just came! I'm liking it a lot so far and trying go figure it out.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-15-13 02:54 PM
    Well, my new PlayBook just came! I'm liking it a lot so far and trying go figure it out.
    cool,,, there are alot of helpful posts/threads here to get you moving along,,, so before posting do a quick search,,, if nothing turns up, there's plenty of PB Einsteins here to help you along,,, the more you use it, the more you'll be lovin' it,,, have fun...
    03-15-13 08:03 PM
    cool,,, there are alot of helpful posts/threads here to get you moving along,,, so before posting do a quick search,,, if nothing turns up, there's plenty of PB Einsteins here to help you along,,, the more you use it, the more you'll be lovin' it,,, have fun...
    Thanks! So far, it has been pretty easy to operate. I have been reading the PlayBook forums. I pretty much haven't put it down since UPS delivered it. I got the 16 gb version, I know now that I should have went for the 64 gb.
    03-15-13 08:48 PM
    Thanks! So far, it has been pretty easy to operate. I have been reading the PlayBook forums. I pretty much haven't put it down since UPS delivered it. I got the 16 gb version, I know now that I should have went for the 64 gb.
    you could always exchange for a 64 gigger...
    03-16-13 03:39 AM
    I hope you enjoy it as much as many of us have over the last couple of years. I know quite a few people who use their PlayBooks all the time. I use it extensively for many of my projects as well as being my main go to device when I am on the road. I also find that many of my friends and family now chat with me via their PlayBooks and my new Z10. Video chat is fantastic with both devices. A new dimension that wasn't there just a month and a half ago!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 04:09 AM
    I don't think I knew this, but this morning I discovered I can use my 9930's data for my PlayBook via BB Bridge. So cool. The more I use my PB, the more I discover and love it more and more. I've barely touched my laptop since I got my PB.
    03-17-13 10:34 PM
45 12