Lol so tonight I visited my parents and my dad and I were dealing with all the new phones in the house. The Samsung, my BlackBerry and this iPhone 4S. So he was having fun just comparing them all. He kept saying things weren't working on the iPhone to which I would give him some workaround solution(the speaker isn't working being the major one) and after a few hours of him trying to give me the phone I finally relented and said find I will take it.

So now, I have this iPhone 4S 64GB and I have no idea what to do with it lol. I got to get it unlocked before I can put my SIM in it, no big deal. I posted on iMore about apps to download and a technical question or two. But yea. Just wanted to say this.

I got the phone, I know how to use most of the functions on this phone and there are somethings that I want from this OS(iOS 7) on my BB 10.

1) The swipe up settings menu on the iPhone. Brilliant! I switch the brightness of my screen quite a bit, how nice to be able to swipe up and slide it to my desired rating just like that. No menu, sub menu, then adjust. Just swipe and slide.

2) Swipe up to close apps. Just like Cards in WebOS and the swipe to close on the PlayBook. If BB 10 wants to be about gestures, add this bit of functionality! And fast!

3) Screen(and keep in mind this is the 4S from 2011) way brighter than the Z10. Both turned to highest the iPhone is just obscenely bright and clear!

Things I like about the BlackBerry 10 OS.

1) So much easier to add accounts. Still trying to add multiple gmail accounts on the iPhone. Anyone know how? I know you're out there. I need my work emails!

2) The keyboard on the iPhone is brutal. I especially miss the flicks and the swipe left to delete whole words. This alone makes a huge difference for efficiency for me.

That is all at this point. Make no mistake I do not intend to drop my Z10 for this iPhone. Only have it because it was free and I wanted to really get a good feel for another platform on a day to day basis.
    11-08-13 09:58 PM
    Very cool. I know a lot of people with different platforms.
    11-08-13 10:08 PM
    From previously leaked Z30 help videos, it seems like the brightness settings from quick settings are coming very soon
    11-08-13 10:11 PM
    To add another account go to settings>mail,contacts,calendars>add account and you will see Google as an option. Hope that helps.
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-08-13 10:13 PM
    That helped man, thanks a lot!
    11-08-13 10:16 PM
    Go to appleinsider.com, you will find many chats, helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:01 AM