Great! Thanks for that info Aristile. I had a feeling I was not suppose to have a green check mark. My wifi works great and when I need data, I can use it (pay per use) so I have no big worries about seeing the green check mark. It would have been nice though!
    04-06-09 02:02 AM
    I'm completely new to BlackBerry, having only had mine a week, and I've already had to call Orange for a variety of reasons, including having to force them to provision my handset properly so I can get GPRS/BIS working (which took three separate calls).

My handset seems to work fine now, and I managed to set it to work with my home network over Wifi. The wifi icon was grey, which I thought was normal, until after three days of use, UMA kicked in and a ((UMA)) icon replaced the GPRS and signal strength indicators, and the wifi icon turned white! And, yep, my white dash changed to a tick. Unfortunately, calls keep being dropped over wifi so I need to leave it off, despite having a low Orange signal in my house.

I've just turned mobile network to wifi preferred again to see if the icon turns white, and it has quite quickly, but now uma is showing in lowercase. Also, sometimes I have the uma (( I )) icon, and other times UMA III signal strength bars. This is all so confusing!
    04-08-09 02:27 PM
    I have contacted the BBC programme 'Watchdog' about this as it is a joke. After spending most of yesterday and all today trying to get through to Orange it is appalling and i have to hang up after 20 minutes on hold just receiving automated voice messages.
    04-09-09 10:54 AM
    I'm completely new to BlackBerry, having only had mine a week, and I've already had to call Orange for a variety of reasons, including having to force them to provision my handset properly so I can get GPRS/BIS working (which took three separate calls)
    Have you any idea exactly what they had to provision on your handset??

Thanks.
    04-10-09 01:10 PM
    Mine used to connect fine but now just stays grey and no green tick in the connections menu. Very annoying how it has just stopped working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 09:55 AM
    Yeah mine is all sorted now after calling orange - The problem is that you need to call orange. To resolve this they need to look at you currnet RIM Relaywhich may need to be moved to another one.
    This will solve the problem.
    05-02-09 10:01 AM
    Mine used to connect fine but now just stays grey and no green tick in the connections menu. Very annoying how it has just stopped working

Check this thread for the solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wif...oblems-218251/

That should get it going.
    05-02-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks, already seen that and plan to call orange tomorrow

05-02-09 02:05 PM
    Mine has never been bright white, I've called tmo and they have no ideam I think its time for a new one

05-02-09 11:04 PM
    Called Orange 150 - no help!
    Called Orange Business 328 - Knew exactly what I was talking about, very helpful and fixed my problem within 10 mins!

The most important info from the link above;
    You need to explain to CS that there is an issue with you Blackberry.
    Explain to them that you have been told that there is currently some 'connectivity over wifi' issues due to a current 'migration' and this is affecting some users. To resolve this they need to look at you current RIM Relay which may need to be moved to another one.

When I phoned 328 I explained that it was Orange Customer Services who had told me to phone the 328 number, even though they had not. As 328 were the experts on the Blackberry's and Blackberry issues. Basically I buttered up the person I was speaking to!
    05-06-09 01:10 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD