I'm writing this on my 9900 in a somewhat sketchy wifi zone on the campus of the University of Stirling, roughly midway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. The wifi is tenuous in this part of the campus, and the campus itself is located between the village of Bridge of Allen and the town of Stirling.

Forget about 4G; forget about 3G. No Edge either. It's strictly GPRS when I fall off wifi.

I activated T-Mobile unlimited International BB Email before leaving Philadelphia. That'll cost me about $7 on my next bill. I can use it to upload photos to FaceBook with no extra data charge.

My point is simply to say something good. It's all working. My wife's iPhone wants no part of GPRS, and the campus wifi isn't making it happy either. I'm not bashing the iPhone; just pleased to see my Bold doing so well.
    07-07-12 09:50 AM
    oooooooo Stirling!!!! So much to see!!!!! And you're not far from Culloden....

Sooooo envious.....gorgeous area.

Enjoy.
    07-07-12 10:02 AM
    Some nice sites to see in bonny Scotland Ubizmo. Hope the weather holds out for you and happy holidays
    07-07-12 10:23 AM
    Enjoy the trip! i want to go to scotland sometime before i die
    07-07-12 11:05 AM
    To the OP - hide your Bold or it maybe taken over by the wife!

Glad to see the Bold is working and you are having the time of your life.. enjoy your travels and take lots of pics!
    07-07-12 02:04 PM
    wow, Im so jealous. definitely take lots of pics, and share too. we like pics *nods*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 Alpha Prime Hybrid using CrackBerry via Tapatalk
    07-07-12 02:09 PM
    Enjoy the trip. If you come back without Whiskey we are not letting you back in
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-07-12 03:07 PM
    Totally agree on the Whiskey!! But don't drink it whilst taking those amazing pics... tends to fuzz the closeups.
    07-07-12 03:22 PM
    I haven't taken a lot of pictures yet, as it's been raining pretty steadily, but here's one that I snapped in "auto" mode. It amazes me how much daylight is left even at 10 pm here. Night mode would have been better, no doubt.

I don't know how clear this pic is, since I haven't seen it on a computer screen. I may have wobbled.

Anyway I just wanted to get off the "fate of RIM" topic for a bit and just talk about my BB doing the kinds of things I bought it for.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 07-07-12 at 03:45 PM.
    07-07-12 03:38 PM
    Nice. It is a bit fuzzy, but I'm looking at it on my 9810. Hopefully you get a break in the weather so you can enjoy some of the best Scotland has to offer
    07-07-12 04:37 PM
    Welcome to Scotland! Hopefully you get to see some great sites in our (kinda)beautiful country

P.S: if you can't make out what people are saying, don't sweat it, most people can't!

Enjoy it
    07-07-12 07:07 PM
    Enjoy the trip. If you come back without Whiskey we are not letting you back in
    Like this one. L0L

07-07-12 08:18 PM
    Lots of history there. Battles, sieges, murders, the hated English, treachery, Kings, Queens.

Have a great time.

An expat Scot.
    07-07-12 08:30 PM
    Like this one. L0L

Click to view quoted image
    Oh! THAT will work quite nicely
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-07-12 08:31 PM
    I'm a Glenlivet gal myself. Glenfiddich got me laid once, so that one has a special place in my heart too, lol!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-07-12 08:36 PM
    I'm a Glenlivet gal myself. Glenfiddich got me laid once, so that one has a special place in my heart too, lol!

Hold that thought, I got to run down and check the liquor cabinet ......
    bungaboy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-07-12 08:52 PM
    Ain't this more fun than bickering over iBerryOids?

I share a virtual dram of the nectar of the Gods (Single Malt Whisky) with all of you.
    07-07-12 09:15 PM
    Can you see all of us in a Scottish bar, singing and drinking and checking our BlackBerrys!!

Happy thought!!
    07-08-12 12:43 AM
    Can you see all of us in a Scottish bar, singing and drinking and checking our BlackBerrys!!

Happy thought!!
    in case we run out of scotch for some weird reason....Tequila will do the trick.....ah!! with lemon and salt and the worm........nah! we can leave the worm out
    07-08-12 09:18 AM
    Greetings. You'll hate the rain and storm and cold haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-08-12 09:22 AM
    Greetings. You'll hate the rain and storm and cold haha

Only if its raining INSIDE all the bars.
    07-08-12 10:03 AM
    Went into town (Stirling) today, where there was Edge and maybe some 3G--not sure. My wife's iPhone was able to function for texting, so that was good.

Here's Stirling Castle...

And a pint of Scottish IPA.
    07-08-12 12:28 PM
    Went into town (Stirling) today, where there was Edge and maybe some 3G--not sure. My wife's iPhone was able to function for texting, so that was good.

Are they having a blizzard in Scotland? Everything is white to me. L0L

Oh, I never thought. Maybe its IPA after effects? Maybe? L0L
    07-08-12 12:49 PM
    ubizmo

If you make it to Oban let me know, I'll buy you a drink ;-)
    07-08-12 02:13 PM

Yep was miserable there yesterday. Passed by on my way up north

07-08-12 05:48 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD