Sorry to report....

I'm with TD Bank and they have just rolled out their BYOD strategy and I'm sad to say, it's a move away Blackberry. Their MDM is based on Good Technologies however, the Corporate supplied devices remain Blackberries and introduces BB10 devices. That said, employees can also choose from a list of Android or IOS devices and receive a flat $40 per month, with the difference made up by the employee. I suppose they've though this through, but I can't see how they will be able to ensure employees don't fill up THEIR phone's with versions of Candy Crush and Twitter feeds, but I guess other companies currently manage this situation. Interestingly, BBerry Balance will be disabled on all Corporate supplied phones.

Sorry folks, but that's the situation here.
    I'm now sorry to report i will be moving all my assets from TD due to their lack of security. I'm sure thousands of others will follow. I'm sorry but that is the sad reality of it. Bye bye TD

Posted via CB10
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    03-13-14 06:58 AM
    50% of my company just upgraded to BB10. This only amounts to a single device, but there is still 1 legacy BB running and the intern (my 10 year old kid) has a curve as well.
    03-13-14 07:50 AM
    Sorry to report....

I'm with TD Bank and they have just rolled out their BYOD strategy and I'm sad to say, it's a move away Blackberry. Their MDM is based on Good Technologies however, the Corporate supplied devices remain Blackberries and introduces BB10 devices. That said, employees can also choose from a list of Android or IOS devices and receive a flat $40 per month, with the difference made up by the employee. I suppose they've though this through, but I can't see how they will be able to ensure employees don't fill up THEIR phone's with versions of Candy Crush and Twitter feeds, but I guess other companies currently manage this situation. Interestingly, BBerry Balance will be disabled on all Corporate supplied phones.

Ah, it is so nice to learn that people's finances are so secure at this bank that their mobile devices don't need to be managed properly.... /sarcasm/

My fianc�e's father has just been appointed CEO of a huge, multinational coal mine and they said he was only allowed to take a 9790. Though he was saying that their IT guys don't really know what's going on and the junior ones earn like $5k a month...so maybe that's why they're not using BB10 yet.

They're a BB-only company - apparently it is because the devices are so insanely locked down and encrypted. So much so that it actually seems a little TOO CIA/NSA/KGB...
    03-13-14 08:08 AM
    Too bad the Q20 isn't out yet, all these people will be switching to iPhones once they realize the current BB10 interface was designed for a child with Tourette's.
    03-13-14 09:23 AM
    My mom who works for the Canadian government (environment Canada to be specific) got an email saying that they're upgrading their existing legacy devices for BB10 ones.

According to Wikipedia (not a great source I know haha) they have around 7000 employees. This is great news for BlackBerry I think personally!

Do you guys think that this is a sign that the other parts of the government will be upgrading also?
    No, not necessarily so though it would be nice if that was the case.
    03-13-14 10:07 AM
    Sorry to report....

Anything to save a few dollars! Didn't TD get the memo that "Good isn't good enough"?
    03-13-14 10:09 AM
    My mom who works for the Canadian government (environment Canada to be specific) got an email saying that they're upgrading their existing legacy devices for BB10 ones.

According to Wikipedia (not a great source I know haha) they have around 7000 employees. This is great news for BlackBerry I think personally!

Do you guys think that this is a sign that the other parts of the government will be upgrading also?

Posted via CB10
    Off topic [I apologize]

Was you mom and her team here on Shawson Drive in Mississauga this week at all? Some ministry people and the environment staff of the government of Canada shut down a mechanic shop here.
    03-13-14 11:58 AM
    Too bad the Q20 isn't out yet, all these people will be switching to iPhones once they realize the current BB10 interface was designed for a child with Tourette's.
    Cite your sources.....

Don't worry, I'll wait
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-13-14 11:59 AM
    Nope! She doesn't handle stuff like that.
    03-13-14 12:18 PM
    Nope! She doesn't handle stuff like that.
    I have a trucking business by the 401 area in Mississauga, the shop across the street is messing with business, demolish cars on the street and causing trucks [mine and others] to not enter or exit the yards, its a mess here.
    03-13-14 12:24 PM
    She does mostly permits and things like that.
    03-13-14 12:52 PM
    Interestingly, BBerry Balance will be disabled on all Corporate supplied phones.

BlackBerry Balance is ONLY available with BES 10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-14-14 04:15 AM
    50% of my company just upgraded to BB10. This only amounts to a single device, but there is still 1 legacy BB running and the intern (my 10 year old kid) has a curve as well.
    Is that a paid or unpaid internship?

03-14-14 04:23 AM
    Too bad the City of Vancouver haven't made a BB10 app for their golf courses.
    New VanGolf app will maximize golf experience at Vancouver Park Board courses | City of Vancouver

I'll keep bugging them :-)

City of Vancouver has upgrade the legacy devices to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:42 AM
    A few weeks and maybe we will know for sure if BB10 has seen some real growth in sales.... or maybe at the very least BB10 adoption will match the loses from Legacy.

It would be great if BB10 could pull off 5,000,000 in sales this quarter. But it doesn't really mean much if 10,000,000 Legacy users traded in their devices during that period. BlackBerry needs growth! Not this slow conversion of only a percentage of their existing user base.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 05:49 AM
    I thought the canadian government was turning BYOD with iPhone or Blackberry. It's been all over the forums
    That was Parliament specifically. Each department decides what devices to use. I have my doubts you will see all departments switching to the iPhone.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    03-14-14 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry Balance is ONLY available with BES 10.

I thought there was an earlier rendition of it for both BlackBerry 7 and PlayBook

BlackBerry OS 7 Seeks to Balance Our Work and Personal Lives
    03-14-14 07:18 AM
    That was Parliament specifically. Each department decides what devices to use. I have my doubts you will see all departments switching to the iPhone.
    Of any department, the optics of that particular move is horrid.
    03-14-14 07:19 AM
    Cite your sources.....
    You want the commenter to cite the source for a hyperbolic opinion? Seriously, do you really believe he/she is stating a fact there?
    03-14-14 09:38 AM
    Here is another great news, after seeing my year-old Z10 running faster and smoother, using BBM for a while on his iPhone and hearing beast of Z30, my friend just got Z30 yesterday from Rogers and switching from iPhone which is giving all kinds of problems.

I think the following reasons lead to the sales,
    1. beast of Z30 particular the battery
    2. Word of mouth
    3. BBM

Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:38 AM
    Here is another great news, after seeing my year-old Z10 running faster and smoother, using BBM for a while on his iPhone and hearing beast of Z30, my friend just got Z30 yesterday from Rogers and switching from iPhone which is giving all kinds of problems.

I think the following reasons lead to the sales,
    1. beast of Z30 particular the battery
    2. Word of mouth
    3. BBM

Cheers !

Posted via CB10
    So how does he like it?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 09:48 AM
    He just set it up yesterday. I will report back. I don't expect any regrets he would have though.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:13 AM
    Our company issued a memo that our BlackBerry phones would stop working January 2013.

The old dogs refused to give up their keyboards. The young dudes were happy to get iPhones.

Cut to 2014. Legacy BlackBerry still works, and because those old dogs held out, the iPhone only policy never came to be. We can now have any phone we want. Granted, I had a screaming match with an IT guy the other day trying to hook up a BB10 phone, so things aren't completely rosy. In the end, I found someone who knew the proper settings and my coworker left happy with his new Z10.

I don't know if we're any better off having a mash up of different phones, but it has to be better that employees can use what works best for them.

Anyway, I count it as a win for BlackBerry, still enough die hard fans that they couldn't get squeezed out, no matter how hard our IT department tried.

Posted via CB10
    I have constant battles with our IT. Head office is based out of Vancouver and they are very big on iPhone. When BB10 came out they took down their instructions on the internal site on how to hook BBOS up to the mail server and never updated it. I think I've sent them about 20 emails - 1every couple of weeks - asking them to put then back up and to put up the ones for BB10. It's so annoying.

My office has no issues as I can get everybody up and running no problem, but there is no guarantee that every office has a BlackBerry enthusiast as their tech support.

They also don't have the instructions for Window phone - and sadly I have no experience with that platform so I may be up creek if anyone gets one of those.

I just feel like it should be no skin off their noses to post the instructions for all the platforms. By not posting them they are essentially reinforcing the idea that the only smartphones are apple and android.

Which then trickles down to me having to deal with ppl getting phones that aren't suited to them at all. Not that they all should buy BlackBerry, but if a 70 year old woman who constantly drops her phone, doesn't know what an app is, and just needs email and texting, gets a Samsung do you know what happens ? I deal with the cracked screen (I dropped my BlackBerry lots and it never broke! She cries) and the 'why do I have all these emails? - stop adding widgets to your screen - what's a widget? Why did you get this phone? The bell guy told me it was best for me! Yeah. Great. Go get an iPhone if you don't want a BlackBerry and put it in a Case. Sheesh.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:36 AM
    Teach your friend how to sideload Snap and he'll be a happy camper! Or if he's too lazy, get him to go on
    http://www.apktrain.com/

He just set it up yesterday. I will report back. I don't expect any regrets he would have though.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:08 PM
    Went to the Bell store today to upgrade to the Z30 and they told me that they haven't had a Z30 in stock for 3 weeks. Every time they get stock it sells very fast apparently! It's one of their best sellers!! as much as it sucked that I couldn't pick up the Z30 today it was great news nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:33 PM
84 1234