My mom who works for the Canadian government (environment Canada to be specific) got an email saying that they're upgrading their existing legacy devices for BB10 ones.

According to Wikipedia (not a great source I know haha) they have around 7000 employees. This is great news for BlackBerry I think personally!

Do you guys think that this is a sign that the other parts of the government will be upgrading also?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:16 PM
    Let's says they have 3500 Blackberries just to be on the safe side!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:18 PM
    My mom who works for the Canadian government (environment Canada to be specific) got an email saying that they're upgrading their existing legacy devices for BB10 ones.

According to Wikipedia (not a great source I know haha) they have around 7000 employees. This is great news for BlackBerry I think personally!

Do you guys think that this is a sign that the other parts of the government will be upgrading also?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, my friend who works in IT at Environment Canada also was told that in a meeting.
    Hope it turns out to be true.
    Elite1, Omnitech, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    03-11-14 05:26 PM
    Good news, thanks for sharing.

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    03-11-14 06:16 PM
    Hi
    Add on this , I m working at bmo, bmo also rolling out z10 n z30 existing n new. Top of this they roll out byod

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:54 PM
    You can also add this...I work at the head office for Loblaws (the biggest grocery retailer in Canada) they just finished rolling out BB10 devices (Q10's and Z10's) the company has over 136,000 full time employees . Just on my estimate and from what I have heard it's in the ball park of 5 thousand devices.
    rarsen, zyben, dusdal and 7 others like this.
    03-11-14 08:04 PM
    Also, Moneris (they operate the machines for credit payments) us flipping over to bb10 as well. Idk if it's only bb10 or other options, and I'm not sure of employment

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and acovey like this.
    03-11-14 08:44 PM
    I hope more companies will follow and adopt BB10!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:52 PM
    That is good news & the news that BlackBerry is the No#1 BES in Australia (A market they have not been strong in) things are looking up. With all the issues & the tarnished brand name there is no quick fix but Mr. Chen & Co appear to have things moving on the right track. Next interesting segment will the the release of the Z3 and see how that goes.. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB Playbook.
    03-11-14 08:53 PM
    Nice!!!!

Posted via CB10 "Powered by BlackBerry "
    03-11-14 08:56 PM
    Fedex Canada rolled out new BB10 devices. I don't know why there was no press release.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:15 PM
    Fedex Canada rolled out new BB10 devices. I don't know why there was no press release.
    Usually when a company is mentioned in a press release, they have to agree to it first. Can get hairy as legal, branding and other parties want to review and sign off. Many don't find it worth the bother since it benefits the company referencing their purchase more than it does the company themselves.
    03-11-14 09:26 PM
    These news are sweet music to my ears.
    03-11-14 09:29 PM
    City of Vancouver has upgrade the legacy devices to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    acovey, Elite1 and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-14 09:34 PM
    Thats awesome!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:39 PM
    I've have said this before, but get the phones in the work place and it will end up on the diner table at home sooner or later. Once the family starts playing with it and the owner starts explaining the how 2's, you're off to the races. I can just hear the conversations now..." Well, you can't do this on a BlackBerry" or "You can't do that on a BlackBerry". Most of the replies would be... "Ahhh... yes.....even better actually ".
    This is how BlackBerry became popular in the first place. With virtually no marketing, household BlackBerry tinkering got the kids hooked on BlackBerry and BBM. Once you get the kids involved, it opens up a new gateway full of rainbows and butterfly's. (Or BlackBerry sales, or whatever

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:48 PM
    I've have said this before, but get the phones in the work place and it will end up on the diner table at home sooner or later. Once the family starts playing with it and the owner starts explaining the how 2's, you're off to the races. I can just hear the conversations now..." Well, you can't do this on a BlackBerry" or "You can't do that on a BlackBerry". Most of the replies would be... "Ahhh... yes.....even better actually ".
    This is how BlackBerry became popular in the first place. With virtually no marketing, household BlackBerry tinkering got the kids hooked on BlackBerry and BBM. Once you get the kids involved, it opens up a new gateway full of rainbows and butterfly's. (Or BlackBerry sales, or whatever

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    xBURK likes this.
    03-11-14 09:54 PM
    Our company in U.S. Only legacy BlackBerry devices if you still have it. Once you request an upgrade or replacement phone you either get a iphone4s or BYOD. I went with BYOD and Q10 I couldn't do the whole virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:58 PM
    Not so great news: and Maybe BB can do something about it. I was doing a business call at Holts ( luxury store in Canada) and the execs all had Q10's. A few had two devices, iphone and the company issued Q. They were grumbling about using the Q, One comment was about how much the device was different than the old one, but if I read between the lines, it seemed like they ( the ones i saw) wanted the "cooler" device. Perception matters.

I think Holts is owned by the same group as loblaws.
    03-11-14 10:44 PM
    Not so great news: and Maybe BB can do something about it. I was doing a business call at Holts ( luxury store in Canada) and the execs all had Q10's. A few had two devices, iphone and the company issued Q. They were grumbling about using the Q, One comment was about how much the device was different than the old one, but if I read between the lines, it seemed like they ( the ones i saw) wanted the "cooler" device. Perception matters.

I think Holts is owned by the same group as loblaws.
    This is why the Q20 can't come soon enough.

I'm hoping that when Mr. Chen stated that all new BlackBerry devices must have a cool factor, he hired the right people to make it so. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-11-14 10:50 PM
    Good news but these are very small numbers...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 11:08 PM
    Good news but these are very small numbers...

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can't get to one million without counting the number one.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie, ESCON, dusdal and 17 others like this.
    03-11-14 11:38 PM
    Cool Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 02:04 AM
    This thread makes me both happy and sad...

The company I work for which is a rather large contract service company is going to transition from legacy BlackBerry's to iPhones... I am not thrilled and will stick with my BB10 devices (luckily they allow byod which will ironically be my BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:17 AM
    Great news! Happy to see a lot of companies migrating.

Of course not every company will migrate to BB10. But thats to be expected.
    03-12-14 04:43 AM
84 123 ...