Its held once a year.

The categories will be; Best/Most downloaded Application. Like, innovative, Utility, Game, Social networking, Photo editing, Business, Entertainment, Business, User Friendly, and GUI etc..

The winners of these categories will win:

*$10-100k Cash Prize, with Gold plated BB trophy (Cash prize depends how much it makes sense for RIM)

*The Winning Apps will be featured in the BB App World for one month, and RIM would give a portion of their profit back to the Dev, as a TOKEN of their appreciation. For 1 month only.

*Most importantly, The winner of the best app of the year will have the privilege to be Preloaded in with the newest line of BB's that come up the following year

Of course they're many other ideas that I have, but this is a FANtastic start!

I feel that you have to create a culture to have people following you like a Cult. i.g iFan, and Android droids. Imagine if you have 1000's of developers focusing a entire on Blackberry Apps so that can win those prizes stated in all of the above? That'll force other platform Devs to take a serious look at the Power of BBX, and thus, DEVELOP!

I'm telling you, this would work, and a few years from now THE BLACKBERRY APP AWARDS WILL GET HUGE, AND SOONER OR LATER IT'LL HIT THE MAINSTREAM TV, JUST LIKE THE GAMING AWARDS DID. RIM, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT! TAKE INITIATIVE AND DO IT, BEFORE THE COMPETITION DOES.

Does anyone agree?.... I have so many ideas.... Only if I was employed by RIM as their CMC (Creative Marketing Czar!)
    JR A likes this.
    10-19-11 12:43 PM
    I don't know if it would work, but you are throwing positive ideas around. That's what this forum needs. Good job on the brainstorming!
    IvanAMANation likes this.
    10-19-11 12:46 PM
    Great idea! Best idea yet to inspire more content!

Competition fuels progress!

Also, at the actual awards night, there will be big announcements and showcasing new technology and new apps never seen before right before the awards ceremony. This will give a chance for other developers to showcase new apps live in person and give third party companies a chance to show off new technology relating to BB and most importantly, it will help build anticipation toward the event.

The awards night should also be extended to accessories.
    Last edited by jranciano; 10-19-11 at 01:54 PM.
    10-19-11 01:49 PM
    RIM was announcing some kind of app awards at Devcon - though not with any kind of monetary compensation that I'm aware of.
    10-19-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD