sony 616 ran over by a car x2, washed and dried and stil worked
    SE w580 sent back for button problems
    SE w760 my mom uses is
    BB curve 8320 had it for over 6 months sold it
    BB curve 8900 had it for almost a year
    HTC touch pro2 used for 3 weeks returned got 9700
    BB bold 9700 still own it after 8 months
    HTC HD2 used for 3 days and about to run it over with my car

as you can see i had few phones to compare to.
    maybe not as many as some of you.
    but i also used few others that i havent mentioned here as well

so far blackberry has bee THE MOST stable OS i ve ever used
    it just does things when you need it to, no bs no freezing, no restarting no error reporting.
    when you need to make a call it does it.
    emails get on BB faster than my yahoo account.

the only unfortunate feature is the screen size. everything else is top notch.

i have used the HD2 for last 2 days and my battery died every day.

few hours ago the HD2 froze up and shut down, i tried to start it but it kept buggin out and eventually died.
    my dad called me that he was on his way to my house( 1.5 HR drive for him)

of course i didnt see that message.

got home and turned the phone back on tried to make a call for 10 minutes it wouldnt make a call, wouldnt even show the dial screen.
    so i said fk it and put the sim card in my BB
    about a minute later i made a call no problem,
    everything started up like it should and woked great.

so to all people that are thinking about switching to WINMO or other OS try it first and then switch.
    yea the phone is great 1gig processor, 5mp camera with dual flash, ridiculously big screen, but if it can't make a simple phone call when you need it, i call it GARBAGE.
    08-09-10 01:57 AM
    Lets hope your BB was on, other wise you would not have been making a call in one minute.
    08-09-10 02:08 AM
    well approximately one minute to start, but u know its definitely better than having the phone on and not able to get to the phone screen or make a call.
    however long it took for BB to start up was faster than the indefinite period of time id have to wait for the HD2 to get its sht together and let me make a call.

if i could port the BB os5 to HD2 id keep that phone till it dies... that would be one badass phone.

what i didnt include in the first post is that all 3-4 weeks i had touch pro2 i spent evenings reading forums and downloading cooked roms and installing reinstalling updating tweaking and after about 4-5 hard resets i said faq it and went and exchanged it for the bold.

8 months into using bold i probably had to restart not more than once a month if so, mostly because i installed new apps or deleted some.

having a complicated and full featured OS is great but its not so great when it doesnt work properly.

if it was an emergency where i was gonna die and had to wait 10 minutes to make a call that would be a pretty sad ending for me dont you think?

nice: 222 post count im gonna stop posting when it gets to 666
    Last edited by raverx3m; 08-09-10 at 03:00 AM.
    08-09-10 02:52 AM
    first off heres a breakdown of the phones i had>
    motorazr still own it still works
    SE w760 my mom uses is

it just does things when you need it to
    , no bs no freezing, no restarting no error reporting.

few hours ago the HD2 froze up and shut down, i tried to start it but it kept buggin out and eventually died.

got home and turned the phone back on tried to make a call for 10 minutes it wouldnt make a call, wouldnt even show the dial screen.

so to all people that are thinking about switching to WINMO or other OS try it first and then switch.
    yea the phone is great 1gig processor, 5mp camera with dual flash, ridiculously big screen, but if it can't make a simple phone call when you need it, i call it GARBAGE.
    I agree. I've recently come from a 1ghz phone and found myself back on the Bold 9700. It just works and is, like you said, stable.
    08-09-10 03:03 AM
    Hi,
    I have to admit that I have never had real issues with my XPERIA X1.

OK, an occasional crash, but the added features (like 100% 1:1 word and excel) have weighed up the weaknesses so far.
    08-09-10 03:05 AM
    Hey, somebody is finally talking Win-Mo! Gosh, all I have been reading on these forums is Android, Android, Android. Good to hear somebody actually reference another platform besides Android and Iphone when not talking BlackBerry. I was beginning to wonder if Win-Mo and Nokia had gone out of business!

I almost got a Win-Mo phone before I went BlackBerry. But the experts in the blogs and podcasts at the time, were saying that a Win-Mo phone basically meant stylus and the OS wasn't that stable, so I went BB. I still see the stylus on the YouTube videos for new Win-Mo devices. Not my cup of tea. And Nokia, that looks like BlackBerry! My first cell phone was Nokia, but I haven't tried any of the Nokia smartphones. I hear they are not common in the US, but that they practically own the global market of smartphones. I guess the OP is saying the Win-Mo phones blow?!
    08-09-10 03:13 AM
    Lets hope your BB was on, other wise you would not have been making a call in one minute.
    Without a data plan blackberrys start a lot faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 03:32 AM
    You know what Im glad you posted this thread. And i agree with you in every way. I too have owned several WinMo devices over the years starting from the pda2, pda2k,jasjar, acerf900, HTC HD and most of them didnt last with me for more than a month. Yea you get excited at first with all the new cooked roms, unofficial releases, registry tweaks, etc but in the end when you encounter emergency situations and you cant make a call on time or answer one for that matter, it becomes frustrating with these devices. I figured they may have done alot of improvements especially with hangups and the UI ingeneral but seeing how a friend of mine keeps getting frustrated with his Samsung Omnia2 I8000 I understand that nothing has changed with these devices.

Anyhow, Im back on my blackberry and I think i will be for a very longtime.
    08-09-10 05:47 AM
    You know what Im glad you posted this thread. And i agree with you in every way. I too have owned several WinMo devices over the years starting from the pda2, pda2k,jasjar, acerf900, HTC HD and most of them didnt last with me for more than a month. Yea you get excited at first with all the new cooked roms, unofficial releases, registry tweaks, etc but in the end when you encounter emergency situations and you cant make a call on time or answer one for that matter, it becomes frustrating with these devices. I figured they may have done alot of improvements especially with hangups and the UI ingeneral but seeing how a friend of mine keeps getting frustrated with his Samsung Omnia2 I8000 I understand that nothing has changed with these devices.

Anyhow, Im back on my blackberry and I think i will be for a very longtime.

Exactly, but I would go as far as including the Storm 1&2 in this. When the **** hits the fan you'll be so grateful for tha qwerty keyboard.

08-09-10 06:20 AM
    I've had 2 HTC Win-Mo phones, the S710 and the Fuze. Pure garbage. Build quality was terrible and the OS was slow and inconsistent. Why I went with the Fuze instead of the Bold at the time I really don't know, but after getting fed up with the Fuze and getting the Bold I realized just how terrible those other phones really are.
    08-09-10 07:25 AM
    first off heres a breakdown of the phones i had>
    motorazr still own it still works
    SE w760 my mom uses is

it just does things when you need it to, no bs no freezing, no restarting no error reporting.

NO!! Don't throw away that HD2, give it to me! Blackberry is the most stable OS of all the ones that I've used.

08-09-10 10:47 AM
    Exactly, but I would go as far as including the Storm 1&2 in this. When the **** hits the fan you'll be so grateful for tha qwerty keyboard.

easy now!...Storm 2 doesn't belong in that conversation. I like my S2 keyboard every bit as much as the qwerty keyboards I've had in the past.
    08-09-10 02:22 PM
    I doubt that some of the people who are so negative about the HD2 and even the Touch Pro2 have actually owned one. Some of the claims of freezing and the like don't happen anywhere near as often as some like to claim. I actually switched FROM my 9700 to the HD2 for reliability reasons!

I am still using the Bold for some things but I rely on the HD2 because it works every time. Sure, I reset the phone once or twice a week, but I have to do the same with the Bold...though some BB users try to claim they don't. My Nexus One, the supposed Android super phone freezes and has to have the battery pulled to reset it more than any Blackberry or Windows device I've owned...it's getting sold tomorrow!

Usually the people who have problems with a phone like the HD2 simply don't know what they are doing. They're the same types who file lawsuits after getting burned by the coffee they tried to balance in their lap while driving.
    08-09-10 02:58 PM
    Folks: there is a big difference between touchscreened and touchscreenless WM devices - the latter really are horrible.

As for the stylus: I have to admit that I actually like styli. Makes hitting small elements on the screen easier.
    08-11-10 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD