My gps works fine on blackberry maps. When i load up gpsed, it says at the top, gps disconnected. I can't find anything to connect it? I am on a 8330 with verizon. And yes, my gps does work with verizon

Sort of related. On google maps, how do i get google maps to use gps and not the local cell tower? it tells me where i am in a big blue circle, which means i believe, that it is using a cell tower. Without the big blue circle it is using gps?

When on blackberry maps, when i activate gps, it says found 8-11 satelites, tracks the speed i am going in the car. fully functional.
    Last edited by bphillips330; 04-30-09 at 09:57 AM.
    04-30-09 09:54 AM
    I have a similar problem.. GPS takes FOREVER to connect... Not sure why.... A battery pull usually fixes it... and GPS will work for a LONG time.
    04-30-09 10:19 AM
    I have a similar problem.. GPS takes FOREVER to connect... Not sure why.... A battery pull usually fixes it... and GPS will work for a LONG time.
    what phone do you have? Are you on verizon? From what i have been reading. verizon blocks gps. I know there is a way to unlock the gps?
    04-30-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD