Greetings!

I just got a Freedom Keychain, hoping to start using GPSed, for tracking purposes.

I finally got the puck to work, and was able to get GPSed to start tracking.

My problem is trying to upload the track to the website. I have so far been unable to do this from the phone, and the only solution I have found so far, is to convert the .gpsed file to a .gpx file on the phone, connect the phone to the pc and download the .gpx file from the phone unto the desktop, and then upload it to the website from the desktop. A rather laborious task!

How exactly does one upload a track from the phone directly to the website?

Also, are there any sort of instructions anywhere regarding "settings" for this application?

EDIT:
    Also, it seems like each time I want to use the Freedom Keychain, I have to delete it from my bluetooth "paired devices", and re-pair it (add it again). If I dont do this, when I turn on the puck, all I get is solid blue and orange lights. Is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 05-30-09 at 05:28 PM.
    05-30-09 04:52 PM
    I also have trouble uploading. I hope someone from Shape Services can help here.
    05-30-09 05:24 PM
    I have not been using gps-ed for a while now - moved to gps-logger. Of course, it does not have the share potential of gps-ed but it does allow you to email the googleearth and gpx files to one or more email addresses.

But I generally did not have problems. You have entered your password/id on the BB so it can get to their site?

As for the Freedom, I sometimes still run into it not showing up for some applications. You can generally open the gps application, then highlight your gps, Menu, properties, refresh or whatever and it generally finds it.
    05-30-09 09:15 PM
    Yes, everything seems to be set up ok. It will make like it is uploading the file, and actually tell me it has finished uploading the file. If you try to upload the file again, it will tell you that that file has already been uploated to the website, and ask if you want to upload it again.

However, with all of this, nothing is appearing in my online "my tracks".

I am having to use the walkaround as explained above.
    05-30-09 09:47 PM
    Have you ever gotten it to work? I recall that it would only show a certain number of tracks and you'd have to close one to see a new one.
    05-30-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD