I have an 8330 curve from Virgin Mobile... From what I understand it uses the Bell network.

I originally had real poor gps performance when I got my phone but it did work... then I found the thread " real fix for gps" and applied the fix... now it works even better...

The thing I noticed is that some apps work better than others. I have google maps, bb maps, poynt, and Garmin mobile on my phone as well as the very cool app called RoBlock.

What i've noticed is that the Roblock app can get my location in places that my other app's cant... when I start up say my Garmin app in my house I get no sat lock... but while garmin is running or any of the other gps app's and I ask for my location using the Roblock app it suddenly gets a gps lock

does anyone have any idea why roblock gets a location when other apps... even my 100$ garmin cant? I would love to have all my apps work as well as the Roblock app!
    01-13-10 02:07 PM
    With my 8330, the ONLY way to get GPS working consistently was to buy an external GPS puck (receiver) and always start BB Maps first, leave that running and then start any other gps apps. Works 100% now with about 6 different apps I found the puck on Ebay for about 25 bucks...GlobalSat G-sat bluetooth unit ..don't need to spend the 80 or 100 that you'll find listed.
    01-22-10 09:45 PM
    GPS usually will not work unless you are outdoors.
    01-22-10 09:59 PM
    GPS usually will not work unless you are outdoors.
    You are correct with most cases but I can get GPS in my house while cannot get it in the office.
    01-23-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD