I just got my bold, had a curve before and I was soooo happy.

But man, I can't get amaze or google maps GPS to work at all unless I open blackberry maps and start gps navigation from there.

That is ridiculously annoying!

I even tried going to options - > advanced options -> gps and tried refershing it from there, and it failed.

Is there any solution? or is everyone having the same problem?
    12-07-08 07:25 PM
    Where are you at? Are you standing inside or outside?
    12-07-08 07:32 PM
    tried both.

When I open blackberry maps first inside, amaze and google maps worked.

same for outside
    12-07-08 07:44 PM
    Google maps and loopt work great for me. The first time
    it gets a location might take a little longer than expected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 07:45 PM
    that is so weird, cos i even upgraded from 4.6.0.162 to 4.6.0.190, and still no luck.
    12-07-08 09:28 PM
    I run google maps perfectly fine. no complaints. Did you try to maybe take the battery out and put it back in?
    12-07-08 09:44 PM
    I run google maps perfectly fine. no complaints. Did you try to maybe take the battery out and put it back in?
    yea tried it, waited a while for it too.
    12-07-08 09:50 PM
    ...because of Google maps I un-installed BB maps and the GPS do work as expected.

I must say however that I get a slower readings or in-accurate readings when i'm inside a building.
    12-07-08 10:25 PM
    ...because of Google maps I un-installed BB maps and the GPS do work as expected.

I must say however that I get a slower readings or in-accurate readings when i'm inside a building.
    i just tried removing blackberry maps to see if that works.

Sadly, didnt fix it :S

any other ideas?

thank you for the suggestions btw guys
    12-08-08 12:55 AM
    Odd. BBMaps works great for me. Google maps also worked well but I didn't care for it much. I'm sorry you're having trouble. Good luck!
    12-08-08 01:04 AM
    I have a similar problem with googlemaps, where the bold times out and turns off because gps isn't activated.
    If I turn on amaze, blackberry maps or vodafone sat nav, and they get a gps signal before the bold shuts itself down, the bold will stay on, but never with googlemaps.
    Is there any way to stop the bold from turning the screen off if one of my gps programs is running?

12-08-08 01:48 AM
    I have a similar problem with googlemaps, where the bold times out and turns off because gps isn't activated.
    If I turn on amaze, blackberry maps or vodafone sat nav, and they get a gps signal before the bold shuts itself down, the bold will stay on, but never with googlemaps.
    Is there any way to stop the bold from turning the screen off if one of my gps programs is running?

maybe you can get the app bblight.

i don't know if that app is "application specific" tho.

if it's the reverse of autostandby that'd be cool
    12-08-08 01:58 AM
    Does Blackberry maps come installed on the Bold. I just got one a few days ago and can not locate the application.

Any advice on how to get it?
    12-08-08 02:37 AM
    Does Blackberry maps come installed on the Bold. I just got one a few days ago and can not locate the application.

Yes it is and its normally found in the root folder, has a symbol that looks like a compass.

Unable to help any further than that, You have tried everthing I would have suggested.
    12-08-08 02:49 AM

ATT's version doesn't have it.
    12-08-08 07:16 AM
    I have an AT&T Bold and do not have the maps app. Is there anyway I can get it? I assume they do not give it to you because they want you to use their AT&T navigator program which costs $9.99/month.

12-08-08 10:27 AM
    Ahhh but it does have the Maps feature. Either is not installed or you may have to go to a theme that is not AT&T related. I can use Maps on my AT&T Bold.
    12-08-08 10:47 AM
    I have an AT&T Bold and do not have the maps app. Is there anyway I can get it? I assume they do not give it to you because they want you to use their AT&T navigator program which costs $9.99/month.

You have to update the firmware (after deleting the vendor.xml file)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/how...ghlight=BBMaps
    12-08-08 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD