i like to bike and map my own route using bikely.com. can it be imported to mgmaps? the ext. it can be exported from bikely.com are the the following: .gpx, .kml, or add to regeddit.

if not bikely.com, any other mapping site out there that i can create my own route and export it to mgmaps on my blackberry? thx in advance.
    01-17-10 12:04 PM
    can it be imported to mgmaps? the ext. it can be exported from bikely.com are the the following: .gpx, .kml, or add to regeddit.
    Yup, Menu - Online - Services - View KML - Open web address or Open file

Enjoy !
    01-17-10 06:53 PM
    Yup, Menu - Online - Services - View KML - Open web address or Open file

Enjoy !
    when i tried to load it up the kml file...it said "no places." any ideas?
    01-17-10 07:47 PM
    when i tried to load it up the kml file...it said "no places." any ideas?
    Nope, i actually never used the function personally. You may want to checkout forum.mgmaps.com

Please let us know, how you solve that issue. Thanks
    01-17-10 08:22 PM
    Please help me out. I did exactly as you described in the instructions.
    Possible discrepancies were: When saving map, the drag down box did not give me any options, it wouldnt even get dragged down, so I could not select "all files". When saving to SD card, I copied and pasted the cache folder into the "Blackberry" folder, I didn't select documents or music or anything. I have the signed version of mgmaps installed, selected stored maps and offline mode. However it says map tiles not available.

What's wrong?

I'm using a curve 8900.
    01-18-10 02:38 AM
    What's wrong?
    Please try the procedure with the world map at zoom level 7 that I uploaded
    01-18-10 04:32 AM
    While following you instructions, all seems to go well until I get to the part about installing the signed version of mgmaps...sorry if that is wrong, I'm at a work computer now and have to rely on my memory....I get sent to a link that has "parent directory and 2 other files, one a ".cod" and the other something else. How do I know the "signed" version??
    I think this is just great, btw, can't wait to get it working on my BB.

Curve 8310.

Thanks a bunch.
    01-18-10 07:08 AM
    I put the cache folder outside of the blackberry folder and now the maps I originally generated of GTA works. I also downloaded your world map and unzipped it. It's a .tar extension. Where does this go and does it need to be changed? It doesn't look like it's the same extension as the .mgm files inside the googlemap_# folders.

Thanks
    01-18-10 05:09 PM
    Sorry, but I have sold my blackberry and I am getting out of blackberry in general. For the large number of you who have got it working, please help the newer users who are having a hard time with the program.

Thanks,
    SK
    01-20-10 09:42 PM
    Sorry, but I have sold my blackberry and I am getting out of blackberry in general. For the large number of you who have got it working, please help the newer users who are having a hard time with the program.

Thanks,
    SK
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge on maps without data and whatever.

Hope you enjoy your new platform.
    01-21-10 07:41 PM
    I put the cache folder outside of the blackberry folder and now the maps I originally generated of GTA works. I also downloaded your world map and unzipped it. It's a .tar extension.
    .tar is usually another file compression scheme. You may need to double click it and a program will tell you the contents. Otherwise, look on line for a program (similar to winzip) that handles .tar files. Good luck.
    01-25-10 11:27 AM
    one question on the folder size...

when i go to properties of the mgmaps folder...it said the following:

size: 131 MB (138,091,478 bytes)
    size on disk: 1.15 GB (1,243,742,208 bytes)

which one is the true size? and how it come shows 2 different size and the big difference?
    02-05-10 04:58 PM
    Files are stored on a harddisk in allocation units. Depending on how a drive is formatted those units can be small or large. So while you may save a document with only one character, it could take up to 2,000 bytes to store or even 20,000 bytes depending on that disk formatting. This is a simplified version of what might be happening.
    02-05-10 06:27 PM
    Files are stored on a harddisk in allocation units. Depending on how a drive is formatted those units can be small or large. So while you may save a document with only one character, it could take up to 2,000 bytes to store or even 20,000 bytes depending on that disk formatting. This is a simplified version of what might be happening.
    So how do I tell what format is my sd card? Fat16 or fat32? Also which size is the true size for my mgmap folder on my sd card? 131 MB or 1.15 GB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 08:11 PM
    HI my version only has
    menu-gps-where i am, etc etc

but no start gps navigation

is that ok?
    will it work anyway the continuous tracking of my position on the map?

thx
    02-06-10 09:18 PM
    F2 ~ size on disk is the size it physically takes on your hard drive, size is just amount of information you actually have. If you've already copied it on to the SD card, it takes 1.15GB of your total space. You should also be able to see the size you have left by going to your hard disk properties.

You can play around with formatting your SD card in different formats to try to decrease the size (before you start formatting, it should say what size each block is going to take). Decreasing the allocation unit size will help, but the drawback is if you have larger files on your sd card, it will take longer to load because the phone will have to look up more units.

tatuz ~ try going to settings -> GPS -> mobile tracking .. you should be able to select "move map", which will move your map along with the GPS signal.
    02-08-10 04:31 PM
    Hi guys,

All of you and especially Soni have done an incredible job. Thank you all. I am a BB neophyte so I apologise for the many questions but I would really like to make this work. So, I followed Soni's directions and have downloaded the MGMaps on to my 8830 BB SD card. I am now able to see my position(through internal GPS) on a moving map without a Data Plan ( I even asked Sprint to block my Internet access just to be sure of no charges. I still have the voice contract). My questions are:

1. Can you use MGMaps to get directions from Point A to point B?? If yes, how do you do that?

2. When I look into the main Menu of the application I see "online" and "offline" choices, and both include the "Directions" sub-menu choice. When I use the "Online" Directions choice I get a "searching error" message when I use the "Offline" I get "Use Offline bot to build database". So, how do I get "Directions" to work so that I can go from A to B??

3. Back to the main Menu. When I click on "Go to" I get a set of GPS coordinates what do I do with them and how does the "Go to" works??

4. Under GPS there is a toggle between Start/Stop GPS Navigation, which one should I use (that is when I see "Stop GPS..." that means that the Navigations is in the "Start GPS..." mode? and vice versa? )

Again sorry for the many qestions and i would appreciate some guidance. Thanks a lot
    Last edited by easy321; 02-09-10 at 03:36 PM.
    02-09-10 03:33 PM
    I have a 9700 and just downloaded wwwmapcachercom Map Creation Tool for MGMaps Mapcacher is the download link for the MAP data. I use this in conjunction with MG MAPS free gps application. I am traveling to Paris, and want to get around easy, and do not want to use the expensive international data connection. I tested it already, and it works perfect. Just follow the video step by step on you tube that somebody already posted wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=gav9sOMLBGo YouTube - MgMaps Installation on Blackberry 9700[/url] - IT WORKS GREAT. (its a little tetious to install the program, then create the data, but IT DOES WORK!!!!
    08-18-10 03:34 AM
    thanks for sharing your impressions and methods.
    08-19-10 11:10 AM
    I generated the maps and loaded them in the root directory of the SD card on my BB 9530 and installed the mgmap app no problem. When I go to settings and check off the stored maps option the message "Filesystem storage is not supported on this phone" appears and I cannot see any maps that are on the card? What's up?
    08-20-10 12:17 AM
    Are you still plugged into the usb port? The card/contents will not show up if usb is connected and mass storage mode is on.
    08-20-10 12:34 AM
    will this work with metroPCS??????????
    09-03-10 07:48 PM
    Is there a GPS app that contain its own maps without the use of data plan?
    Pretty easy to use is Nogago in its new release. Compared to trekbuddy the map creation and transfer process to you device is handled by their portal on the company website. I think the app is now also available on the AppWorld in navigation and maps section. The App had a year ago a big thread for its development and beta users on crackberry. They let you use online mapping for free in the app, but charge you once for offline map creation round about 5 USD. For daily upgraded map material and a map size of 1x1 latitude x longtitude a fare price (aprox. 60km x 90km map tile). I found the app very handy and love the outdoor gimicks.
    12-05-10 04:30 AM
    i just installed gmap on my tour 9650. i also have google map. everytime i open up on google map, it blows away the gmap. i remember reading a fix somewhere. i don't feel like reading 19 pages of this thread to find the answer. thx in advance.
    12-21-10 03:57 PM
    never mind, i found the answer: "To stop google maps from nuking MGMaps I went into the permissions for google maps and set "Module Management" to "Deny."

i just went into google map permission and don't see "module management" anywhere. any1 know where is it?

i was able to get google map and gmap to coexist on my 9700 and i don't see "module management" on the 9700 either. any1 know how to fix this? thx in advance.
    12-21-10 04:07 PM
284 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD