Hi guys!!!,

I like to use google map and it dosent work with the tour....Its there another program like this that will work with the Tour?
    09-30-09 11:35 PM
    Hi guys!!!,

I like to use google map and it dosent work with the tour....Its there another program like this that will work with the Tour?
    I've got google maps running just fine on my tour... Try downloading it again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 11:40 PM
    I've got google maps running just fine on my tour... Try downloading it again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The GPS chip in verizon Tour's are fine I believe, which is why you don't have any issues. For other carriers, such as Sprint, we have a different GPS chip that Google maps can't use. Google maps can only pinpoint my position within 5000 meters or something because it is using cell tower triangulation.
    09-30-09 11:55 PM
    Yeah the verizon tours are just as bad. I know that a lot of people on here say there GPS works flawless, I can tell you I am on my third tour and so is my wife, and not one of the GPSs on those tours worked properly. It still doesn't on the last one I have. Gets a lock in 2 secs with VZNAV, but I don't want to pay for that, without VZNAV sometimes does not lock at all. SO you are not alone, others on here with VZN have had similar issues as well.
    10-01-09 12:30 AM
    Telanav is much better and works fine on sprint tour. Does google map even has a turn by turn instruction?
    10-01-09 12:36 AM
    After enabling GPS, my GPS works great on my vzw tour. Very accurate too.
    10-01-09 01:59 AM
    thanks...on my Sprint Tour when I open google maps and click my location a banner appears and say Your current location is temporarily unavailable.GPS temporarily unavailable
    10-01-09 10:23 AM
    Works on my Verizon Tour as well.
    10-01-09 10:25 AM
    Yeah I know on 99% of verizon tours the GPS works like a champ, but the 3 tours I have had and the 3 tours my wife has had are in the 1%. I wish I was in the majority, I had a curve 8900 and that GPS was outstanding worked all the time locked in like 5 secs. This one has not worked for me. Verizon will not switch out the unit over gps failure because BB maps isnt on their network and they cant test that. I even told them about the gps self test showing the gps is not connecting and they still say no dice. so I am dealing with it, but I am still going to keep it real.
    10-01-09 10:41 AM
    We Sprint users have to rely on BlackBerry Maps to use the GPS, unless we download something like TeleNav. SprintNav is also an option for us.
    10-01-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD