I have a question. I have found the option under GPS to turn off the location tracking, assuming that makes the phone trackable only through 9-1-1 calls. I have a good friend who has seperated from an abusive husband, but has not been able to set up her own cell account due to the expense of having deposits, or buying a phone for pre-paid service. She is a couple of weeks away from being able to switch her phone over. He has threatened to track her by GPS with her Blackberry Bold on AT&T. Is there a way she can turn off the feature from her phone so he can't reactivate it through AT & T? Will simply putting the phone in 9-1-1 only mode for GPS take care of this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    10-28-10 07:26 AM
    He cannot trace the phone if the GPS is set to E-911. This basically turns the GPS completely off unless you make a call to 911, which will allow emergency personnel to locate you.
    10-28-10 08:33 AM
    As the user stated above turning the phone to 911 only should stop the GPS, but make sure the other GPS options are turn off as well.

Does she have any friends, family tracking/location software on the phone? I know there are a few apps that allow you to track people that you want to track. (you have to add them). Remove any of those apps if installed to be sure.
    10-28-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD