How's the GPS on 8900 through TMobile? I've read there are issues but no come accross anything on tmobiles gps? Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:29 PM
    Hopefully it's not locked and you can use Google Maps or something likewise.
    02-13-09 06:31 PM
    So far so good with mine, I downloaded nav4all and get spoken turn by turn directions even, I came from a pearl so to me its amazing!

02-13-09 10:14 PM
    It's great, not locked down at all. I've used BB maps, Google maps, amAze, Poynt, etc etc. Quick acquisition of satellites (with .152 OS, not with earlier versions) and very accurate.
    02-13-09 10:27 PM
    The GPS is fine and dandy. You'll love it.
    02-13-09 10:55 PM
    use it daily withe telenav how do u use it with google maps????
    02-13-09 11:10 PM
    Can someone please explain how to get gps working. I have had my 8900 for a few weeks now and have yet to get it to work with bbmaps or google maps. I don't even see an option for gps on google maps. This was a big thing for me, having gps. But I can't seem to get it working at all

02-13-09 11:23 PM
    Have you guys tried windows live search on the 8900 yet? I hear its a bit faster and more functional than google maps.
    02-13-09 11:50 PM
    Have you guys tried windows live search on the 8900 yet? I hear its a bit faster and more functional than google maps.
    last time i tried it it wouldnt even lauch it just shows the logo on my bb but doesnt do anything
    02-13-09 11:54 PM
    Mine works great!!.. Loving how I can find my actual location! Upgraded from 8320 and is just now Loving this 8900!! :-)

02-13-09 11:59 PM
    To get the GPS to work go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS>blackberry key>refresh GPS

Then go outside for 5 minutes or so with a clear view of the sky. Until it acquires satellites.

02-14-09 12:11 AM
    Mine works great on .133. I didn't really want a $10 fee so I'm using AmAze and couldn't be happier. Sure Telenav and Garmin are better, but AmAze directed me right to where I was going with no problems. The voice was clear and easy to understand. It even picked it up when I took an different street to test it and recalculated my route in seconds. Sure is nice to have gps. And even nicer to have free gps.

02-14-09 01:09 AM
    Its a T-Mobile phone, not Verizon no locky of GPS.
    02-14-09 06:04 AM
    Its a T-Mobile phone, not Verizon no locky of GPS.
    T-Mobile has it's faults, but they don't nickle and dime you. I just set up @home landline - really easy (pia to set up the 2nd router - haha). $10 a month for unlimited local and long distance calls, caller id and voice mail. I was paying 65 to 80 to Qwest!

02-14-09 06:14 AM
    Mine works great on .133. I didn't really want a $10 fee so I'm using AmAze and couldn't be happier. Sure Telenav and Garmin are better, but AmAze directed me right to where I was going with no problems. The voice was clear and easy to understand. It even picked it up when I took an different street to test it and recalculated my route in seconds. Sure is nice to have gps. And even nicer to have free gps.

I think I'll try amaze!!!
    02-15-09 02:48 PM
    The GPS works great on my 8900... I use Google Maps and I'm on OS .114.
    02-15-09 02:58 PM
    have you guys been able to use navi and have it keep up with you? i have no luck getting gps via google maps
    02-15-09 03:07 PM
    Yeah. It works great.

Make sure your APN is set for T-Mobile (options -> advanced -> TCP/IP -> wap.voicestream.com) and let the GPS find the satellites first.

First time: go outside and stay still for a few minutes until it locks on. After that it will find you much faster and be able to keep up with you.
    02-15-09 04:01 PM
    You do not need TCP settings at all to use Google Maps. My provider does not allow me access to these settings and Google Maps works just fine on my 8900 through my BIS connection.
    02-15-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD