For example, I tried activating GPS in LiveSearch (best app in my opinion), and it gives me an error. Any chance we can get that to work?

Does Trapster work now? I'm trying to get my hands on it, but I can't get the confirmation e-mail from the Trapster site. It'd be so cool if we could use GPS for other apps? Maybe this is a preemptive move so that people will buy apps from the verizon app store that allow GPS use?
    12-05-08 09:20 AM
    Nothing works besides bbmaps. Well for now... Hint hint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 10:06 AM
    Hint hint? nice
    12-05-08 10:43 AM
    Nothing works besides bbmaps. Well for now... Hint hint

Well with my experience, google maps works well once you are moving. If you are standing still, it can be hit or miss. Haven't been able to find where I can download bb maps to try it.

12-05-08 11:50 AM
    Well with my experience, google maps works well once you are moving. If you are standing still, it can be hit or miss. Haven't been able to find where I can download bb maps to try it.

The Verizon 8330 had its GPS locked by the carrier and a new release of the OS has partially enabled it. Here's the BGR link Verizon Wireless has unlocked the GPS on the 8330 Curve and the 8130 Pearl? : Boy Genius Report. Our 8310s are not affected bythis.
    12-05-08 12:37 PM

You have to install BB Maps from the Desktop Manager.
    12-05-08 01:49 PM
    You have to install BB Maps from the Desktop Manager.
    If your carrier is AT&T and you have upgrated your OS to 4.5 I don't believe you can use BB Maps. AT&T disables it, as I understand. Verizon users apparently can still get it.
    12-05-08 02:23 PM
    I am an att user that upgraded but even before I upgraded I never had bb maps.

12-05-08 02:36 PM
    The BB Maps works great on my vzw curve. Geotagging pics in the camera app should come soon, wish I had it when I was in Hawaii last month. So when sending pics back home, people can really be jealous.

12-05-08 03:11 PM
    If your carrier is AT&T and you have upgrated your OS to 4.5 I don't believe you can use BB Maps. AT&T disables it, as I understand. Verizon users apparently can still get it.
    I haven't been able to get the recent version of BBMaps installed on 4.5, but I was able to get the 4.2 version of BBMaps installed onto my Curve and it works.
    12-05-08 03:36 PM
    Where can I download the 4.2 bb maps?

12-05-08 04:42 PM
    I really hope that garmin will work at some point.
    12-05-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD