Has anyone done an extensive evaluation of available GPS software for the 8310 Curve in the USA? I don't want to know what you use, I want a real comparison of GPS dirction software Telenave vs Garmin vs Mapquest vs. others. I don't want the cheap stuff like Google Maps that doesn't do voice direction.

Just so you know, I have Telenav and think it is poor vs stand-alone units such as the TomTom Go, etc... I think there are too many clicks to get what you need. Google Maps is great, but no voice. Same with BB maps. Give me real GPS routing solution comparisons, PLEASE.
    04-22-08 04:28 PM
    The closest compilation I've seen is at http://brentmeganowen.tripod.com/blackberry.htm . Once you find a program, you can probably find a decent review or two by searching Google for it or checking the forums here. But this page should get you started on most of what is out there.
    04-22-08 07:20 PM
    Thanks GEEKNJ for the link.
    04-23-08 07:13 PM
    There is a nice article at the BlackBerryInsight blog that compares a lot of GPS applications for BlackBerry devices.
    05-08-08 08:50 PM
    I have Garmin Mobile XT for the Nokia N95. Assuming the interface is the same on the Blackberry (it is on the Windows Mobile and Palm versions) It should be fantastic on the Blackberry! It turns your blackberry into a Garmin NUVI 200 with gas prices, weather and worldwide routable map coverage. In addition, Mobile Xt is compatible with other Garmin map products, like Bluecharts or topographic maps, so you can have a neat little chart plotter in your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD