I want free! Have read some about bb maps, google maps, nav4all..... What's the difference? Which is better and why? Has anyone tried morw than one or all of these? Can I just download one and use it? What's this 'puck' thing I keep reading about? Do I need it? What is it/what does that mean? I have a new t-mo curve 8320. I would love to have gps, but could use some help. No free trial stuff, just the 3 main 'free' ones I hear good things about, please.... Thanks everyone! Advice wanted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-08 10:39 PM
    Your device doesn't come with GPS, so you would need to purchase the puck for GPS capability

06-15-08 10:41 PM
    GPS is NOT free. Blackberries with built-in GPS usually cost a several bucks per month on top of service/data fees (mostly $9.95/mo) and the GPS bluetooth puck for Berries that do not have built-in GPS is not free either since you will have to purchase it at a store or online. One way or another, GPS activation/device is not free. However, most GPS-compatiable softwares for Berries are free.

06-16-08 05:11 AM
    GPS is NOT free. Blackberries with built-in GPS usually cost a several bucks per month on top of service/data fees (mostly $9.95/mo) and the GPS bluetooth puck for Berries that do not have built-in GPS is not free either since you will have to purchase it at a store or online. One way or another, GPS activation/device is not free. However, most GPS-compatiable softwares for Berries are free.

Slow your roll there, I have two devices that are GPS and I do BOT get charged for them. I know some companies a crippling their GPS so they can tack it on to your bill. Some of the others are not doing this as of yet. Hope they keep it that way.
    06-16-08 05:34 AM
    And... I forgot to add this to my previous comment. I also have TMo Curve 8320 and I'm using a bluetooth puck. It works with Google Maps flawlessly. BB Maps and Nav4all aren't as qualitified as Google Maps.

06-16-08 05:46 AM
    I use an external gps. The freedom keychain gps 2000. It works perfectly with my BB. So this way I don't use my data.highly recommend. If you need more informations feel free to pin me.

06-16-08 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD