Maybe I'm expecting too much but the gps on my curve usually takes 10 to 15 minutes to acquire satelites. This happens when I'm walking and when I'm driving.

Any suggestions?

I'm using 206 now. I had best gps results with 94 but it was still bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 02:31 PM
    Mine was never too slow on .133, mayve 30 seconds or so. But I was on the train after upgrading to .206 and it didn't lock on even after 3 minutes or so.

04-12-09 02:40 PM
    I'm running .206... just started GoogleMaps... was down to 3 meters in 45 seconds... that was in my house... it's recommended that you do this outside with a clear view of the sky.

Try refreshing your GPS... Options > Advanced Options > GPS > BB Menu > Refresh GPS
    04-12-09 02:47 PM
    I'm having the problem as the op. Mine always says 0 on the gps screen. I have tried going out side and never works.

04-12-09 02:49 PM
    Try unchecking "assisted" in GPS settings. Then go outside where you have a clear line of site and refresh. It may still take a few minutes to lock on. I never got any satellites with "assisted" turned on, but since making the change I always have at least 4 of them.

There are other topics on this in the forums I remember reading about before. There is supposedly a firmware hack that can be made that will allow you to lock onto many more sats and much faster, but I haven't been brave enought to tryi it... yet.
    04-13-09 07:50 AM
    Yeah I do agree with that, I'm also having trouble getting the satellite
    04-13-09 10:56 AM
    I find my GPS works better when I'm flying through the sky on a Predator Drone over Afghanistan.
    04-13-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD