I am a brand new blackberry user i have the (curve 8330) Thing is awesoem to say the least. Question I have is the GPS function.. When I go into MAPS and click "find location" in the menu it just says "searching for satellites" and never finds my location. Is there something i need to turn on w/ in the settings or update some software (GPS is turned ON BTW).. I am currently running 4.5.127 platform. (The provider I am with is Cellular South). Any help is much appreciated!
    02-07-09 02:37 PM
    Make sure in adv options GPS is set to location, not e911. Also in applications highlight BBmaps and hit edit permissions. Make sure they all say allow. If all this is inline. make sure you are outside as you will not be found inside.
    02-07-09 02:46 PM
    GPS is set to location ON. I do not have e911 option. In the BBMaps options, I do not have an edit permissions option. I dunno. =/
    02-07-09 02:57 PM
    no, go to options icon>advanced options>applications, wheh the list loads, highlight BBmaps and menu>edit permissions.
    02-07-09 03:00 PM
    Got it!! Thanx!! They were all set to custom.. I changed them all to Allow.. I got the red dot to pop up my location.. Much appreciated!
    02-07-09 03:06 PM
    Good deal - glad I could help
    02-07-09 03:20 PM
    make sure you are outside as you will not be found inside.
    it finds me when i'm inside, and VERY accurately i may add, it's much more accurate than Google Maps. for me, Google Maps is usually about a quarter mile off, give or take...
    02-07-09 05:50 PM
    it finds me when i'm inside, and VERY accurately i may add, it's much more accurate than Google Maps. for me, Google Maps is usually about a quarter mile off, give or take...
    Depends on how well the GPS signal penetrates your dwelling. It will find you if near a window, etc.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-07-09 at 05:59 PM.
    02-07-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD