All is well in the world of the 9700 so far EXCEPT the GPS. I am using Google Maps, and i find that when I try to pinpoint "my location" it tells me "GPS unavailable." I am also trying to use the "send location" feature through BeeJive and it also tells me it can't find my GPS.

Now, before you ask, in "advanced options"----"gps" it IS set to "location on" and everything else is set to "enabled". When I refresh the GPS it is ridiculously slow while "searching for satellites" so maybe that's part of the issue but is anyone else having these problems?

Thanks!
    11-20-09 12:49 PM
    Mine hasn't worked yet either. I get the "locating satellites" message as well but that's it. I get all zeros in the coordinates. I gave up and turned it off in the hopes that the GPS radio was helping with my less-than-phenomenal batt life but it still sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 12:58 PM
    GPS works fine for me w/ Google Maps. You guys are outside, right?
    11-20-09 01:02 PM
    Mine will ultimately pull my position but it takes an extraordinarily long time...

11-20-09 01:02 PM
    GPS works fine for me w/ Google Maps. You guys are outside, right?
    Not outside, but. Not inside a lead walled building either. This is my first phone with GPS capability-so does being outside make a big difference in reception? I've had several GPS units, none of which ceased working indoors.

11-20-09 01:28 PM
    I noticed it worked but not very well on .330 (tmo). I downgraded to .321 to fix the sms contact bug and I have noticed it works a lot better. I haven't done extensive testing so I'm not saying it will work for anyone but I noticed a difference.
    11-20-09 01:38 PM
    Ace, what SMS contact bug did you fix?

11-20-09 01:40 PM
    I have to say the GPS on the 9700 has been amazing. I stood outside next to my car on my way home and I scrolled down to "Refresh GPS" and within 3 seconds I got 10 Satellites and an amazing "Accuracy" of 1.27m. That is sick!!!
    11-20-09 01:42 PM
    Not outside, but. Not inside a lead walled building either. This is my first phone with GPS capability-so does being outside make a big difference in reception? I've had several GPS units, none of which ceased working indoors.

I can't speak to what other people have expierienced but i know ive tried to cut on the gps once or twice indoors and it never worked. I just was playing around with it. But outside works like a champ
    11-20-09 01:42 PM
    Ace, what SMS contact bug did you fix?

Contacts showing up at +1xxxxxxxxxx when they are stored with spaces or dashes. I downgraded to .321 and didn't install BBM and the issue is gone.
    11-20-09 01:44 PM
    I can't speak to what other people have expierienced but i know ive tried to cut on the gps once or twice indoors and it never worked. I just was playing around with it. But outside works like a champ
    Alright. Good to know. Thx.

11-20-09 01:45 PM
    Thanks everyone. I'll try it outside and see what happens. Ace, that makes me batty too. Can't live with BBM though. Maybe a future upgrade will fix!

11-20-09 01:48 PM
    It works fine for me inside and outside, haven't had a problem yet.
    11-20-09 02:10 PM
    Mine works inside and outside... even during these storms we're having.

11-20-09 02:15 PM
    I tried mine inside (on the 5th floor of a 30-story building, but near a window) and it located a satellite and zoomed in to within a block. It had me a block away (in another building) but overall not too bad. I had downloaded the latest version of Google Maps, 3.2.1. Telenav, however, is another story...
    11-20-09 03:43 PM
    My 9700 GPS function is not working indoors at all...Works outside however. Im not certain what the standard is supposed to be on this function...
    11-23-09 10:18 PM
    I had the same problem as the original user. I have a Blackberry tour 9630, that was bricked from verizon, which i had to basically start from scratch with and bring up for tmobile.

My original APN setting was for wap.voicestream.com, and the gps never worked. I came across a wiki article that described each APN for services, and a new one was listed that I hadn't tried. * epc.tmobile.com * I punched that one in, and turned verification on with username and pass both blank, and within 5 minutes of being outside both Googlemaps and Foursquare new where I was.

Give that a try.

Since I am a new poster, I cant post the link to the article, but try and google howardforums t-mobile data wiki.
    12-08-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD